ADVERTISEMENT

Road trips

Which road trip are you most likely to take this season?

• Cincinnati

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • North Carolina

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • SMU

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • Louisville

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Boston College

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters

PITT 76

Scholarship
Apr 9, 2022
Football season is almost here. Anybody thinking about any road trips? It appears that the choices are Cincinnati, North Carolina, SMU, Louisville, and Boston College.

I'm leaning toward SMU. Around November 2, Dallas has a high near 70 and a low near 50. That's pretty nice November weather.

Line of thinking for us is North Carolina if we're 4-0 but the SMU trip is our destination road game this year.
Really hoping for both. 😉

I went prior to the renovation to see Cincy vs. Houston. This was when Houston was like a top 10 team or something under Tom Herman. Cincy had a future US Senator at head coach who was absolute cheeks. I shook hands with the fans near me when it was time to leave and gave them my sympathy and offered that if I had to watch him coach every week, I wouldn't watch. They understood.

The stadium then was small and very old fashioned. Campus at UC is almost like enclosed in a walled area. There's a team walk to the stadium which is okay but food options you would actually want are limited. You should honestly eat in Kentucky.

The city also smelled kind of weird that day. I don't know. Wouldn't go again. Had some friends that got the mascot arrested once though.

We are definitely going to Boston College. IMO, the best destination and probably our best chance to win.

Maybe Cincy.

I went prior to the renovation to see Cincy vs. Houston. This was when Houston was like a top 10 team or something under Tom Herman. Cincy had a future US Senator at head coach who was absolute cheeks. I shook hands with the fans near me when it was time to leave and gave them my sympathy and offered that if I had to watch him coach every week, I wouldn't watch. They understood.

The stadium then was small and very old fashioned. Campus at UC is almost like enclosed in a walled area. There's a team walk to the stadium which is okay but food options you would actually want are limited. You should honestly eat in Kentucky.

The city also smelled kind of weird that day. I don't know. Wouldn't go again. Had some friends that got the mascot arrested once though.
Had some friends that got the mascot arrested once though. ya, can't leave that on hanging out there...do go on.

Football season is almost here. Anybody thinking about any road trips? It appears that the choices are Cincinnati, North Carolina, SMU, Louisville, and Boston College.

I'm leaning toward SMU. Around November 2, Dallas has a high near 70 and a low near 50. That's pretty nice November weather.
Going to SMU. Tony Dorsett will definitely be there along with some others. Rob Petitti lives in the area as well. I saw him at the Ok. St game…

Reactions: 303vND
Louisville is the correct choice here and it's not close. That said I wish that game was a month earlier.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Yes they do
There may be some abrasive fans at the SMU game as well. I remember the 1983 Cotton Bowl game when Pitt played SMU. There were a lot of frat boys saying the Pitt “cheats” like the Steelers every time Pitt committed a penalty. Of course this was a few years after The Steelers beat the Cowboys in the Super Bowl…

Last edited:
The city of Cinci is very cool. Foodie Mecca. My daughter lives just outside town. We just went to the FCC game and the town was buzzing. People in Washington park having fun. They have a drinks pavilion. Play area for the kids, and had a jazz band on a small stage.
Have never been to the stadium, but it’s a game I’d go to.

Please expound on this.

I don't mean this negatively, but it just doesn't feel like a road trip kind of season. I'm not driving six hours to watch my team get taken behind the shed.

I was really enthusiastic about Louisville in 2022, but we ended up not going because the season already felt kind of shot by then (ended up being a respectable season, just not one that matched some of the lofty expectations coming in).

But, for instance, Notre Dame last season... yeah, I've always wanted to check out a game up there and never have. But I can't imagine the entire trip not being ruined by sitting through something like that.

But, for instance, Notre Dame last season... yeah, I've always wanted to check out a game up there and never have. But I can't imagine the entire trip not being ruined by sitting through something like that.
I went in 2018. It's one of the most overrated road trips in all of college football. South Bend isn't great and the fans go to one game a year and are all from Chicago and are pretty sure the rules are the same as the NFL.

Go to Clemson or something if you have the chance. That's worth it.

I don't mean this negatively, but it just doesn't feel like a road trip kind of season. I'm not driving six hours to watch my team get taken behind the shed.

I was really enthusiastic about Louisville in 2022, but we ended up not going because the season already felt kind of shot by then (ended up being a respectable season, just not one that matched some of the lofty expectations coming in).

True definition of fair weather fan, we have too many of them.

Reactions: FireballZ
Doing Cinci as now the wife has a road trip bug ever since SU at Yankee Stadium. Never been and plan to do the Zoo while there. RIP Harambe

Gonna check out Martino's On Vine after the game. Pittsburghers that opened up a sports bar/restaurant when their son joined the Bearcats football team. Not far from the stadium. And we can watch other games that day.

Get your parking garage pass on the Cinci website as I heard it's rough to find parking on gameday.GameDay.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT