ADVERTISEMENT

Rodney Gallagher to WVU?

pittmeister

Heisman Winner
May 26, 2010

I didn’t know they had that type of cash… Oh well…

weird to say but wvu is pretty much the home school for laurel highlands. that's eers country without a doubt.. pitt is an after-thought in fayette county.

His sister goes to Pitt, though.

#Blood>TheWordThatRhymesWithWussy
And his mom went to PSU.

I had heard that he was looking for a big NIL payday. Not sure that Pitt was going to pursue that big of one for him. They have bigger fish to fry like 5 star composite (on 247) Hykeem Williams, who is visiting Pitt in June and may be favoring Pitt.

And his mom went to PSU.

I had heard that he was looking for a big NIL payday. Not sure that Pitt was going to pursue that big of one for him. They have bigger fish to fry like 5 star composite (on 247) Hykeem Williams, who is visiting Pitt in June and may be favoring Pitt.
His mom died I thought.

Gallagher (and 99%) of players will go to the highest bidder. Pitt will not be able to outbid WVU for players. We don't have enough fans willing to donate to the booster collective. And our pro sports team owners (Tepper, Rooney) donate pennies. Their pro sports owners (Diamondbacks and probably Nutting) donate every penny.

I have said for years Pitt had no shot at Gallagher but that was before NIL. Now they really have no shot. Though I would have thought PSU or OSU

lol, no disagreements there. worked down there for a few years.. you ever want to feel good about yourself, walk into the uniontown walmart. 10 minutes in there and you'll come out with a newfound respect for yourself..

I think someone needs to make a Western PA Walmart power rankings. I contest that the one in Bridgeville is the absolute worst. Haven't been to the one in North Versailles in a long time, but that's gotta be up there. The one in Belle Vernon is up there. West Mifflin, for sure. And Brownsville and Uniontown both have newer ones, so... it's only a matter of time before the polish wears off those turds. Oh, and the one in Washington is like a whole different store. They sell horse feed and whatnot, and you feel like it should be called TractorMart or something. But it's another one I'd recommend striving to avoid.

Before any WVU fan comes over here and declares victory, I have a few things to point out…

1. We would LOVE to have him at Pitt, but if he goes elsewhere no tears will be shed here.

2. The way Narduzzi is recruiting, especially that position , Pitt will be more than fine. Pitt no longer relies on local recruits to get star players. Practically all of our star players are from outside the area.

3. From people who watched him play, they will tell you he’s a great athlete more than a great football player. He doesn’t stand out as a player with that many stars…

No sour grapes, but that’s how most of us feel….

His mom died I thought.

Gallagher (and 99%) of players will go to the highest bidder. Pitt will not be able to outbid WVU for players. We don't have enough fans willing to donate to the booster collective. And our pro sports team owners (Tepper, Rooney) donate pennies. Their pro sports owners (Diamondbacks and probably Nutting) donate every penny.

I have said for years Pitt had no shot at Gallagher but that was before NIL. Now they really have no shot. Though I would have thought PSU or OSU

If that's Ohio State, I'm not sure that he is on that level. If that's Oklahoma State then yeah... I figured that was too random for there to not be some real traction there (kind of like Devonshire and Kentucky). But I also would have guessed Penn State.

Before any WVU fan comes over here and declares victory, I have a few things to point out…

1. We would LOVE to have him at Pitt, but if he goes elsewhere no tears will be shed here.

2. The way Narduzzi is recruiting, especially that position , Pitt will be more than fine. Pitt no longer relies on local recruits to get star players. Practically all of our star players are from outside the area.

3. From people who watched him play, they will tell you he’s a great athlete more than a great football player. He doesn’t stand out as a player with that many stars…

And I will say he was never coming here anyway so I don't care. I knew we had no chance. I also have a little inside info that made me believe he isnt the type of kid who comes to Pitt. I haven't even considered the possibility of him coming here

This

lol, no disagreements there. worked down there for a few years.. you ever want to feel good about yourself, walk into the uniontown walmart. 10 minutes in there and you'll come out with a newfound respect for yourself..
100%. I spent the summer between my freshman and sophomore years at Pitt doing merchandising for Coca Cola, and the Uniontown Wal Mart was one of my main stops. Truly the Mecca of people watching.

His mom died I thought.

Yes his mom died but she went to PSU...I don't get what you're saying.

PSU tweeted a pic of him with the PSU coaches and a photo of his mom superimposed looking down from the clouds. Major cheese there.

I’ve seen him play live and don’t see him as a Top 200 type recruit. I would categorize him in a similar manner as Rushel Shell. Good high school football players, but not high 4 star/5 star type of players. They are both cocky and have egos that don’t go along with the We Not Me philosophy. More of a headache than what he’s worth.

In regards to the great athlete part. He’s quick, but what is his 40 time and vertical? I would be curious if anyone knows for sure.

Lastly, Terry Smith and PS have a bigger war chest than WV. It would not be surprising if they have other players rated higher. Ohio St. and Michigan also never went after him hard. They have no problems coming after WPIAL kids they want.

Reactions: joeydavid

PSU tweeted a pic of him with the PSU coaches and a photo of his mom superimposed looking down from the clouds. Major cheese there.
I just meant that, really not trying to be a dick, but she cannot "influence" him like she could have. I know that sounds bad. I feel bad for anyone who loses a parent like that but I don't think the fact she went to PSU will factor in .0000001%

I think someone needs to make a Western PA Walmart power rankings. I contest that the one in Bridgeville is the absolute worst. Haven't been to the one in North Versailles in a long time, but that's gotta be up there. The one in Belle Vernon is up there. West Mifflin, for sure. And Brownsville and Uniontown both have newer ones, so... it's only a matter of time before the polish wears off those turds. Oh, and the one in Washington is like a whole different store. They sell horse feed and whatnot, and you feel like it should be called TractorMart or something. But it's another one I'd recommend striving to avoid.
The one in North Versailles is still pretty bad. The few times I venture in there, I always feel like a Rockefeller 🤣🤣

I didn’t know they had that type of cash… Oh well…

That's an appropriate level for him imo.

I just meant that, really not trying to be a dick, but she cannot "influence" him like she could have. I know that sounds bad. I feel bad for anyone who loses a parent like that but I don't think the fact she went to PSU will factor in .0000001%
Well a sister at Pitt would have about the same amount of influence lol. A girlfriend on the otherhand...a world of difference.

I’ve seen him play live and don’t see him as a Top 200 type recruit. I would categorize him in a similar manner as Rushel Shell. Good high school football players, but not high 4 star/5 star type of players. They are both cocky and have egos that don’t go along with the We Not Me philosophy. More of a headache than what he’s worth.

In regards to the great athlete part. He’s quick, but what is his 40 time and vertical? I would be curious if anyone knows for sure.

Lastly, Terry Smith and PS have a bigger war chest than WV. It would not be surprising if they have other players rated higher. Ohio St. and Michigan also never went after him hard. They have no problems coming after WPIAL kids they want.

I think there's a reason why he didn't run track or get tested. This isn't new ground but he looks small and slow on his highlight film.

His mom died I thought.

The hoopie mad king has spoken.

And he is still a moron.

I have to agree. I saw the BVA and Laurel Highlands game with all the hype on Gallagher and I was waiting for him to do something 5 star like, and it never happened. Actually overshadowed by Whitlock and Q Martin as BVA won that game.

I think there's a reason why he didn't run track or get tested. This isn't new ground but he looks small and slow on his highlight film.
I suppose he’s playing his cards correctly. Why expose yourself when your stock is very high and can only go down? He might as well make as much on an NIL deal while he can.

Reactions: joeydavid
Alot of wvcc trash in Fayette County. The ND visit might change things IMO.

Well a sister at Pitt would have about the same amount of influence lol. A girlfriend on the otherhand...a world of difference.to the same school as your gf is the wrong move imo.
Going to the same school as your gf isn’t a wise move imo, especially a football player getting a lot of attention.

Reactions: Parkview57
I have to agree. I saw the BVA and Laurel Highlands game with all the hype on Gallagher and I was waiting for him to do something 5 star like, and it never happened. Actually overshadowed by Whitlock and Q Martin as BVA won that game.
Never seen him play but given the low level of football he plays in, I was always surprised his LH team has always sucked. Yea, I get it that his teammates suck but they are playing a bunch of band nerds. Maybe its tough to beat Belle Vernon but cant he beat, like Greensburg Salem by himself?

That was absolutely one of the most cheesy/sleazy pics I have seen.

Reactions: HOF Coach

As hard as I have been on Enabler U since rat face was exposed I do like this and have to think it touched Rodney as well. Not advocating him to the Farm school in the middle of nowhere but nice touch on their part.

Love to See him in the slot for the Panthers .... we will see!

Someone should photoshop an image on that picture of "Biggie Ratt" looking upward from below......
Joe P.

1*QoEJ38Cs6QNTKsXgmndL2w.jpeg

As said earlier in the thread, WVU is basically the hometown team, so it makes sense that would be a favorite. That team also has no star power or anyone really exciting on the roster. You have a chance to go there as a local player and be one of the better players on the team. From a football perspective, WVU is a terrible move. Subpar team in a bad conference on a team that doesn't send guys to the NFL.

I worked in the Uniontown ED. Fayette County has some wonderful people. I don’t know how walking in a Walmart makes you feel good about yourself? That statement says more about you than those you judge.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT