ADVERTISEMENT

Rodney Hammond is Back!

Good news !!!!!!! ...... team is better with him eligible and able to play !!

SMF wrong about this and pierre93 right !

Glad to be wrong. The only thing I can think of is he won an appeal with the NCAA. Honestly, I'd prefer that he redshirt so we have him for a full season next year.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Need depth and insurance for Dez.

Unfortunately I think this stunts some of Daniel Carters momentum in the backfield

Pierre.

461781164_10159849044606432_7012469770232175402_n.jpg

Glad to be wrong. The only thing I can think of is he won an appeal with the NCAA. Honestly, I'd prefer that he redshirt so we have him for a full season next year.

4 games is a pretty clean number and makes it sound like that is what it was going to be all along.

But I'll definitely choose this season over next. We are 4-0 and there is a big drop-off after Reid when Hammond is out. Next year, we can have Reid and then go get some SEC back who wasn't getting as many reps as he'd have liked. There is no worrying about next year in the unlimited transfer era. This is a big addition.

Reactions: TD_6082
Honestly, I'd prefer that he redshirt so we have him for a full season next year.
He might as well play the next 4 games. If we win all 4, then I'd say you keep playing him. If we go say 1-3, then maybe tell him to sit out the final month and take that redshirt.

Hammond is ineligible for the season. He wont be coming back. The only way he possibly could is if its just a 1 semester suspension, which often times these are. Then he could come back for a bowl or CFP. I believe he would also be allowed to redshirt if that were the case. But 0% chance he's back this semester.

I am never wrong on these:

Gilbert Johnson
Durand Johnson
Elijah Fields
Dior Johnson

Its really easy to understand

It's not that you're wrong. It's that you're often so confidently wrong.

Hmmm...............AD is fired ....................Hammond is reinstated. Im sure its just a coincidence.

Excited to see how they use Hammond in this offense. I can see Reid and Hammond being on the field at the same time as well.

Reactions: plcp
This is huge. Reid can settle in for more specific plays/situations making him an even bigger threat. Hammond can handle the day to day chores of RB just fine. The offense can improve quite a bit, IMO
Mr. Obvious.

This isn't the first time Pierre has dropped some inside info to reveal something in the works that ends up coming true. But he does it in a way that's tempered and recognizes most of these situations are fluid. But when Pierre weighs in on stuff like this, it's worth noting.

I guess we’ll never know what happened to make Hammond ineligible. Unless maybe Rodney addresses it in the aftergame press conference?

He might as well play the next 4 games. If we win all 4, then I'd say you keep playing him. If we go say 1-3, then maybe tell him to sit out the final month and take that redshirt.

I forgot about that. Yea, if we go 1-3, maybe even 2-2, I'd say RS him. The only thing that really matters is a CFP bid. Once that is out of the question, save him for next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT