ADVERTISEMENT

Rodney Hammond

jivecat

Senior
Jul 5, 2001
Pretend like I don't understand the situation or how a player is considered ineligible by the school.

2 questions....Can the school reinstate Hammond mid-year? Does he use his redshirt year this year (or covid year) if he is not reinstated?

I’m not sure if we can say that this is a situation where the school is the party who has rendered him ineligible.

I’m not sure if we can say that this is a situation where the school is the party who has rendered him ineligible.

The use of the word "ineligible" makes it very probable that it is some NCAA violation meaning he can't be reinstated this year. Had it been a team or university suspension, it would have been worded differently.

Reactions: lmbjr24
im curious why he's still with the team. i guess technically he might be able to use this season of ineligibility as his redshirt and come back next year but situations like this, it's probably best for both sides to move on.

i know he's not kicked out of school and is still enrolled as a student but why dress with the team? Is he even practicing and if so, why?

im curious why he's still with the team. i guess technically he might be able to use this season of ineligibility as his redshirt and come back next year but situations like this, it's probably best for both sides to move on.

i know he's not kicked out of school and is still enrolled as a student but why dress with the team? Is he even practicing and if so, why?
I do know there was displeasure between a HC and a certain administrator in the Athletic Department not just over the whole situation which they felt was rectified but also with the timing of it.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
I do know there was displeasure between a HC and a certain administrator in the Athletic Department not just over the whole situation which they felt was rectified but also with the timing of it.
well tell us the name of this certain Athletic Dept administrator and me and some friends will go dump garbage on that certain person's lawn..

Pretend like I don't understand the situation or how a player is considered ineligible by the school.

2 questions....Can the school reinstate Hammond mid-year? Does he use his redshirt year this year (or covid year) if he is not reinstated?

I don't think it's been disclosed who declared Hammond ineligible.

If the school declared him ineligible, I suppose he could return, but there is probably some unresolved issue regarding NCAA rules that could result in wins being vacated if he plays.

It's really hard to say with the info that's been made public.

I don't think it's been disclosed who declared Hammond ineligible.

If the school declared him ineligible, I suppose he could return, but there is probably some unresolved issue regarding NCAA rules that could result in wins being vacated if he plays.

It's really hard to say with the info that's been made public.

A school cannot declare a player ineligible. They can suspend him for breaking some team or university rule. The player is still "eligible" to play as far as the NCAA is concerned.

He is still a full member of the team, taking a redshirt year due to an NCAA issue. Where do you want him to go?

I’m curious about the RS use also. If the NCAA declared him ineligible (seems to be the case) I think that is loss of a year of eligibility. So instead of 5 years to play 4, he loses that 4th year.

He is on the sidelines and still part of the team. He is doing conditioning work but isn’t practicing because why would they take reps from backs that will play to give them to a guy that is ineligible.

He is 22 years old and has a decent amount of tape already, so he may just be essentially getting ready for his pro day.

The school can have their own eligibility requirements.

Yes but the player would still be eligible as far as the NCAA is concerned. They dont care about Pitt's policy. If he broke a Pitt policy, it would have been worded as suspended, not ineligible.

well tell us the name of this certain Athletic Dept administrator and me and some friends will go dump garbage on that certain person's lawn..
You didn't dump garbage on that person's lawn. You dumped it on him, his wife, his little girl....

images

Did anyone consider that the reason he is on the team as of yet is because of nil money ??
Someone or possibly some organization is paying him and wants him there..
Bring back the Golden PANTHER!!!

Did anyone consider that the reason he is on the team as of yet is because of nil money ??
Someone or possibly some organization is paying him and wants him there..
Bring back the Golden PANTHER!!!
imagine giving NIL money to a player who gets suspended lol. that would be my luck.

Maybe. It's just semantics. I've heard of schools declaring a player academically ineligible. Never heard of it referred to a suspension.

Schools dont declare a player academically ineligible. The NCAA does. If they do not meet minimum academic NCAA requirements, they are ineligible.

It's already been publicly stated that the ineligibility was NOT due to academics. Maybe a lie to protect him, but that doesn't sound plausible as that kind of ineligibility has been publicly stated many times by the NCAA.

Heard he'll be playing this season. We shall see. H2P!!!
That would be great, but they pretty clearly stated he was ineligible for the entire 2024 season. I'd think it would be hard to walk that back. Usually it's an "indefinitely" that leaves a chance for reinstatement.

I hope you're right because they could use him.

Reactions: FireballZ

I'm curious if he is still with the team and attending classes as to who pays his room and board and tuition...

I'm curious if he is still with the team and attending classes as to who pays his room and board and tuition...

Why is this so hard for everyone to understand? He is a full member of the team and university. He is still on scholarship. He is serving a season suspension from the NCAA. That doesnt mean he cant go to Math class.

Reactions: jctrack
The university knows why he's ineligible. They're just not being transparent about it. I've heard some stuff of why but I'm not going to put things on a message board that could damage a person's reputation or are just second hand info. That wouldn't be fair to anyone.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
The university knows why he's ineligible. They're just not being transparent about it. I've heard some stuff of why but I'm not going to put things on a message board that could damage a person's reputation or are just second hand info. That wouldn't be fair to anyone.
we've all heard, the cat is already out of the bag.

Why is this so hard for everyone to understand? He is a full member of the team and university. He is still on scholarship. He is serving a season suspension from the NCAA. That doesnt mean he cant go to Math class.
sorry Skippy....I have stuff do during the day and do not have time to whack off to NCAA bylaws like yourself and just assumed that being on scholarship meant being eligible to participate in 'that thing' you are getting a free ride for... my bad. Never said he could not go to class just wondering on the justification on going to said class for free..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT