ADVERTISEMENT

Rose Bowl Parade cancelled

No rugby in mid-summer. There will be cricket though.

I cannot get into test cricket, but one day internationals are good fun to watch.

Would be more like 7 PM in the eastern US. 7 AM in the US east would be 1 AM the following morning in NZ.

Cricket is a game I don’t understand but would enjoy trying to figure out. I do miss Aussie Rules Football. Kind of a cool game to watch.

What is the hierarchy of sports over there in terms of popularity? I imagine rugby is the most popular?

Cricket is a game I don’t understand but would enjoy trying to figure out. I do miss Aussie Rules Football. Kind of a cool game to watch.

What is the hierarchy of sports over there in terms of popularity? I imagine rugby is the most popular?
Definitely rugby number 1 then cricket. Probably soccer then netball.
I learned about cricket on a fishing trip with a South African. We listened to RSA vs NZ on the radio while driving and he explained it to me. I understand cricket way better than rugby!
Cricket is such a strategic game. Chasing sixes versus avoiding wickets is a call made very early in the day sometimes.

I do miss Aussie Rules Football. Kind of a cool game to watch.

They are showing games every week on FS1 and FS2!

Tomorrow (Friday) night, 11:30 PM eastern time, FS2, Greater Western Sydney Giants versus Brisbane Lions.

Saturday night, 11:00 PM eastern time, FS2, Carlton Blues versus Port Adelaide Power followed by at 1:30 AM eastern time (for those with insomnia), FS1, Hawthorne Hawks versus Melbourne Demons

Oh, edited to add that after the big Hawthorne - Melbourne clash FS1 is also showing Fremantle Dockers versus West Coast Eagles. Game time? 4:30 AM eastern.

Reactions: Gunga_Galunga
They are showing games every week on FS1 and FS2!

Tomorrow (Friday) night, 11:30 PM eastern time, FS2, Greater Western Sydney Giants versus Brisbane Lions.

Saturday night, 11:00 PM eastern time, FS2, Carlton Blues versus Port Adelaide Power followed by at 1:30 AM eastern time (for those with insomnia), FS1, Hawthorne Hawks versus Melbourne Demons

Oh, edited to add that after the big Hawthorne - Melbourne clash FS1 is also showing Fremantle Dockers versus West Coast Eagles. Game time? 4:30 AM eastern.

Guess I need to record these. Thank you.

Ummm, as far as the Thread Title and some comments here, it is the Rose Parade, not the Rose Bowl Parade(It is not a Bowl Game).

Anyhow, Some of Will Ferrell's Funniest Work as along with Molly Shannon as Cord and Tish, that I think has ticked off the Boring Establishment with their Humor the past few years covering the Rose Parade. Was available originally on Amazon Prime, but in recent years just available on the Funny or Die Stream(although they did not do the one this year-2020, so maybe they were banned from setting up a Host Booth).

the-2019-rose-parade-hosted-by-cord-and-tish.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT