ADVERTISEMENT

Roster

If your scenario happens, it's because we go with what we now presently have on this
team. Either of your suggestions is better than what we had last year, IMO.
The backcourt is far better in fact. The frontcourt maybe slightly better only because of
experience. Bodies are needed upfront.

Yes, my lineup was based on who we have today.

If they are able to add a Big that could change some things obviously.

If we are going to add a Big, I would expect it to happen before June 4th.

Last edited:

If we are going to ass a Big, I would expect it to happen before June 4th.

I assume you mean add (not ass)--easy finger slip. But why June 4? Is that the end of the spring LOI signing period?

That might not matter much if a grad-transfer or JUCO big is brought on board--such, unlike with a Freshman, might not care about inking an LOI until classes start in September. I suspect we would prefer such anyway--unless a big time freshman comes out of nowhere.

I assume you mean add (not ass)--easy finger slip. But why June 4? Is that the end of the spring LOI signing period?

That might not matter much if a grad-transfer or JUCO big is brought on board--such, unlike with a Freshman, might not care about inking an LOI until classes start in September. I suspect we would prefer such anyway--unless a big time freshman comes out of nowhere.
Thanks for the proof read (wife was coming home with flowers, plants, etc) I heard the garage and went to help.

June 4th just a date. I was only meaning soon, within the next 2 weeks or so.

Thanks for the proof read (wife was coming home with flowers, plants, etc) I heard the garage and went to help.

June 4th just a date. I was only meaning soon, within the next 2 weeks or so.

Gotcha. A short but wide PF/C type with a big "a__" would be an okay add. ;):) Having one can be an asset for a rebounder.

Reactions: gary2
If we don't get any Bigs, he'll be playing the four with Kene. Frame will probably play the wing
and split time with Ellison, and maybe even Davis. This is a worse case scenario with what we
currently have, which IMO, is better than last year's team. However, I fully expect Capel to
bring in a Big or two for 2018. That would give us a lot of flexibility and we could still go small
if it was warranted. We're set at guard and Wing IMO. Even if the newbie Bigs aren't great, they
will at least give Stevenson and Browne a break in minutes.
Agree, although, I think if we get 1 or 2 more bigs, he still won't be playing 2G and probably not even much in the traditional "3/SF" spot.

Agree, although, I think if we get 1 or 2 more bigs, he still won't be playing 2G and probably not even much in the traditional "3/SF" spot.

Well, if we're talking about Stevenson like I think we are, the LAST place I want to see him is
at the 2G slot. That won't happen since we have the bodies and the talent now. As far as the
"3/SF is concerned, I totally agree because that should easily be filled by Ellison and Frame.
Stevenson was the one frosh last year who had a man's body. He's strong, and although
undersized for a BIG, he can go inside and toss his weight around and be effective IMO.
If he's the only BIG inside, he can't be effective due to height despite his strength, but if
paired with someone with size (even if it's Browne) he can do the job. As it is now Kene and
he will be in there with Browne. We need more bodies inside.

I'm wondering if it's about to thunderstorm here with that huge gust of wind that just blew through or if that was just the collective exhale of Pitt fans across the nation now that Chewie announced he's returning...

I'm wondering if it's about to thunderstorm here with that huge gust of wind that just blew through or if that was just the collective exhale of Pitt fans across the nation now that Chewie announced he's returning...

If Pitt ends up signing Tavrion Dawson and a grad transfer C/PF, Pitt would have 9 experienced players

If that happens, I would expect Pitt to be able to compete in the ACC most nights.

If we sign Dawson we become a much better team. A "grad transfer" another BIG
as you suggested, would be great.

PG: McGowens, Johnson

SG/Wing: Ellison, Davis, N'Dir, JWF, Stevenson (undersized 4)

Big: Brown, Kene, Peace, George

Two spots left. Coaches may just hold one or both for 2019 if they can't get another grad transfer.

Stevenson should play the 4. George can’t really play for more than 5 mins a game same with peace and kene. They are not acc players. Next year would not be surprised if they transferred this year coach giving them a shot to be stand up coach.

I think Stevenson if he plays the right way can be useful at the 4 he has talent and if a coach can utilize it can work. Stallings for all his so called offense genius compliments I saw nothing that showed me he had a Pulse on his team on how to max his talent. He would be a good assistant coach on a power 5 program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT