ADVERTISEMENT

Rothstein says.....

I think we are slowly building momentum. This is nice. It's much easier to destroy (Stallings) than it is to build.
Some poster ( can't remember who) on the " imfamous" free Lair board said it's impossible for a coach ( when I said Stalling destroyed the program) to destroy a basketball program since a basketball program can be restored with one recruiting class???

Good luck new coach after a coach like Stallings.
It's a good thing we ended up with Capel.
We're getting there maybe three recruiting classes later!

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Last edited:
But @Sean Miller Fan says you can't beat the $EC.

And there are other goofs that say Pitt can't get "anybody" and loses "everybody". So many faux Pitt fans on here.

Oh, well, regardless of that kind of nonsense that gets posted on here, Jeff Capel is going to be a very fine HC at Pitt. He can coach, is very bright and articulate, and has a great personality. He will continue to recruit well here, too.

But @Sean Miller Fan says you can't beat the $EC.
swami-chidananda-rr-e1441678349199.png

Forgive me if this has been discussed but ANY chance of a waiver/immediate eligibility? Seems easier to get these days. Sounds like a no but is there even gonna be an attempt?
Considering the kid has been pretty open about the reason for his transfer being that he wants to see how he fares against major conference competition, I’d be pretty surprised if they even shoot for a hardship waiver.

Considering the kid has been pretty open about the reason for his transfer being that he wants to see how he fares against major conference competition, I’d be pretty surprised if they even shoot for a hardship waiver.

I agree but there have been some really sketchy approvals.

Academics won’t be an issue if the Ivy’s wanted him .

I would have felt more confident that was true if someone who went to an Ivy League school hadn’t recently said that one of the keys to winning the Revolutionary War was the Continental Army seizing the airports from the British.

Of course, if he was right it would have given a whole new meaning to “Jefferson Airplane.”

I would have felt more confident that was true if someone who went to an Ivy League school hadn’t recently said that one of the keys to winning the Revolutionary War was the Continental Army seizing the airports from the British.

Of course, if he was right it would have given a whole new meaning to “Jefferson Airplane.”
He does get credit for knowing who won the war.

It was a Biden-esque moment for certain!

Massive might a bit too much to count on. Replacing x-man with Horton may not solve Pitt's BB standings.
If X was 6’10” with a great shot to go with his current skills then there’s no way he returns for his junior yr . It would be great to see him have a great yr and become a lottery pick or a first round guy , the potential is there , but a lot of improvement is needed.

Nice addition for future because you can always use another good 3 ball shooter!

Star gazers might not be pleased because he had zero when Delaware recruited him.

He demonstrated last year that he probably should have had 3 stars.

Last edited:
Reactions: lilspainishflea
If X was 6’10” with a great shot to go with his current skills then there’s no way he returns for his junior yr . It would be great to see him have a great yr and become a lottery pick or a first round guy , the potential is there , but a lot of improvement is needed.

If X was 6'10 with a great shot, he wouldn't have returned for his sophomore year. He'd have been drafted right after Zion.

Reactions: Drew1208
If X was 6'10 with a great shot, he wouldn't have returned for his sophomore year. He'd have been drafted right after Zion.
Worrying about X leaving early ( next yr ) is a waste of time for us , but it wasn’t for JC . He must have a pg ready to go just in case and now he does . No worries now !

If X leaves early it only means he had a great season and tremendously improved ..all good for Pitt , hope it happens !

Reactions: sonofabit
Worrying about X leaving early ( next yr ) is a waste of time for us , but it wasn’t for JC . He must have a pg ready to go just in case and now he does . No worries now !

If X leaves early it only means he had a great season and tremendously improved ..all good for Pitt , hope it happens !
No worries now! You know that Horton isn't a point guard don't you?

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
It would be nice if Giannis played for Pitt

It would be nice if Giannis played for Pitt
Wouldn't it be !
I think those fearing X leaving after this season are worrying about something that most likely won't happen . He had a great freshman season , but he's not 6'10" and he's not a threat from 3 . Like i said hope he surprises me and plays his way into the
NBA . It would be great for him , Pitt and JC .

Wouldn't it be !
I think those fearing X leaving after this season are worrying about something that most likely won't happen . He had a great freshman season , but he's not 6'10" and he's not a threat from 3 . Like i said hope he surprises me and plays his way into the
NBA . It would be great for him , Pitt and JC .

I feel he's definitely NBA material. It's a matter of when. He has some specific parts of his game that need improvement IMO. His outside shooting is weak. First of all he has to improve his mechanics. His decision making was sometimes faulty, however
I blame that on the fact that he often had no choice but to try and do it all himself. I
saw that as a weakness in his teammates rather than just poor decision making
on his part.
If he improves in those areas, and the team does better as a whole, I could see him
leaving. If he doesn't, he'd be wise to return for another year.
As far as his pg skills goes, he has an excellent handle and has very good court
awareness. Physically he's strong and already has an NBA body that will get
even stronger in time.
I agree with what you said about him "surprising and plays his way into the
NBA."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT