UPitt '89

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Mar 14, 2002
#11 Michigan State is getting throttled by Washington

Nebraska lost by 35.

Northwestern lost to Southern Illinois

Purdue lost to Syracuse

4 non-conference losses. Plus Rutgers barely beat awful Temple and Indiana needed OT to beat Western Kentucky.

Nebraska lost by 35.

Purdue lost to Syracuse

4 non-conference losses. Plus Rutgers barely beat awful Temple and Indiana needed OT to beat Western Kentucky.

It's been a rough year for that league.

Auburn really looks bad, they will get destroyed by the better SEC teams.
Auburn is terrible but still surprided Franklin won that. Like always, he wins the games he's favored to win. And that's most games. He recruits better than 10 of the 12 teams he plays every year. They probably to 10-2 with losses to OSU and Mich

Reactions: UptownPrivileges

Nebraska lost by 35.

Purdue lost to Syracuse

Dude, not only was it OT, but IU needed essentially a miracle finish just to get to OT and then kick a long 51 yarder to win.

Huh???? The B1G East is 20-1. The West is questionable but always is. Collectively and much to my chagrin, the B1G is Beast.

PSU did throttle a bad Auburn on the road. That should get them about a 10 spot jump in the rankings. Pollsters love their blue and white hallucinogens.

Who? PissU isn't playing football as far as I'm concerned. They're garbage and should be in the dumpster.

Nebraska lost by 35.

Purdue lost to Syracuse

Rutgers is the worst 3-0 in the country, but the announcers were talking like they should be ranked. Temple blew that game.
They out gained them in yards and held Rutgers to 59 pass yards. Rutgers only TD was a deflected pass that turned into a pick 6.

It wasn't a rough day though. Conferences are always judged based on the top team. Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State all blew out bad opponents. The bottom of that conference sucks almost every year, but no one cares about Purdue and Northwestern.

At least their middling programs were exposed early so that half the league isn't in the top 20 where they claim that they all beat up in one another.

It wasn't a rough day though. Conferences are always judged based on the top team. Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State all blew out bad opponents. The bottom of that conference sucks almost every year, but no one cares about Purdue and Northwestern.

The middle programs often suck, too. They just usually beat the crap teams they play and get ranked high.

Is you post your way of agreeing that the Big 10 scheduling sucks, and beyond OSU and Michigan, the Big 10 is rather pedestrian?

If so, I agree with you.

There's no evidence that Michigan is good. They have maybe 2 "tough" games on the schedule.

Rutgers is the worst 3-0 in the country, but the announcers were talking like they should be ranked. Temple blew that game.
They out gained them in yards and held Rutgers to 59 pass yards. Rutgers only TD was a deflected pass that turned into a pick 6.
We're in the first year of a massive rebuild and have a lot of young players who haven't yet learned how to win a close game. I thought Kurt Warner's kid (true freshman) was gonna redshirt this year, but as of now, he's our starting QB.

There's no evidence that Michigan is good. They have maybe 2 "tough" games on the schedule.
True. I was throwing them a bone. How depressing would it be to be a Big 10 fan, and have to admit that only one school’s football team is above dog shit?

Is you post your way of agreeing that the Big 10 scheduling sucks, and beyond OSU and Michigan, the Big 10 is rather pedestrian?

If so, I agree with you.

It's almost as if that guy was too dumb to understand what he was posting actually meant.

And then of course this gem, "App St who wile good shouldn’t be on an ACC teams schedule". So App State shouldn't be on an ACC teams schedule for some reason, but apparently there is nothing wrong with Idaho and Western Kentucky and Ohio and Buffalo and Charlotte and SMU and Colorado State and Hawaii and UConn and Arkansas State and Toledo and Wagner and Temple and Akron and Southern Illinois and Miami (the Ohio one, not the Florida one) and New Mexico State and Western Illinois and South Dakota State and Nevada and Illinois State and New Mexico State again and Wyoming and UT-Chattanooga and Indiana State and Florida Atlantic and North Dakota and Georgia Southern.

If so, I agree with you.

It's almost as if that guy was too dumb to understand what he was posting actually meant.

And then of course this gem, "App St who wile good shouldn’t be on an ACC teams schedule". So App State shouldn't be on an ACC teams schedule for some reason, but apparently there is nothing wrong with Idaho and Western Kentucky and Ohio and Buffalo and Charlotte and SMU and Colorado State and Hawaii and UConn and Arkansas State and Toledo and Wagner and Temple and Akron and Southern Illinois and Miami (the Ohio one, not the Florida one) and New Mexico State and Western Illinois and South Dakota State and Nevada and Illinois State and New Mexico State again and Wyoming and UT-Chattanooga and Indiana State and Florida Atlantic and North Dakota and Georgia Southern.

no. My point was you are saying the B10 sucks and we haven’t played anybody. You discount Auburn and ND cause they aren’t Top 10 teams. I agree the BIG teams haven’t been overly tested. My point was neither has the ACC

no. My point was you are saying the B10 sucks and we haven’t played anybody. You discount Auburn and ND cause they aren’t Top 10 teams. I agree the BIG teams haven’t been overly tested. My point was neither has the ACC

So answer the question. Why shouldn't an ACC team be playing App State while it is apparently OK for Big Ten teams to play that pile of awfulness?

Big Ten teams haven't been overly tested because they routinely play non-conference games against teams far worse than App State.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
Seems you’re overstating Auburn. You caught them on a good year. You’ll eventually see.

So answer the question. Why shouldn't an ACC team be playing App State while it is apparently OK for Big Ten teams to play that pile of awfulness?

Big Ten teams haven't been overly tested because they routinely play non-conference games against teams far worse than App State.

not saying they shouldn’t play them. My point was they shouldn’t be one if the best teams If you are putting down other schedules.

I give Pitt credit. Playing 2 teams from P5 who should (we know WVU won’t be) good.

They have top 30 talent. they aren’t a top team but they are Tennessee level
Auburn might win 5 games this year. They stink. They beat San Jose State (barely) and Mercer this season so far. You beat a “name” team who just so happens to not be very good. They aren’t as good as Tennessee.

They have top 30 talent. they aren’t a top team but they are Tennessee level
You’re insane. You do realize that they are ranked 45 this week, and that’s up 3 slots after losing to PSU by 35? Not to mention they are picked to finish dead last in the SEC West. Please come back and remind us how good they are throughout the season. And if they’re Tennessee level, I’ll tell you I was wrong. They will struggle to get bowl eligible.

51-6. Never forget
Are those the ages of a typical men vs boy encounter on Penn State’s campus? We won’t forget, and neither will anyone else. It’s better that you just go away and stay away. Because there will never be a discussion that you can win. Ever.

Auburn is trash

It's like you can't even remember at 2:21 PM what you posted at 11:10 AM.
I see the confusion. My 1st comment meant to imply App st shouldn’t be the toughest game on an p5 schedule.

Nothing wrong with playing them (though if you are playing G5 there are smarter options as you typically don’t want to pay close to 1 mil to lose.

Over the past 5 seasons the ckass ranking was 12,11,7,19,21.
I get the portals in play. I get recruits don’t work out etc. but they are a solid team. Not saying they are elite but they have talent.
Sure they have talent. But it doesn’t always translate. But they’re no Tennessee and they were picked dead last in their division for a reason. A P5 win is a P5 win as far as I’m concerned. But let’s not pretend your win at home against a mediocre team was all that special.

Over the past 5 seasons the ckass ranking was 12,11,7,19,21.
I get the portals in play. I get recruits don’t work out etc. but they are a solid team. Not saying they are elite but they have talent.
I don't care what they have done in the past, they are trash this year.

ADVERTISEMENT