Votes: 44 86.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ski11585

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Oct 25, 2008
Reminder:

Please evaluate the teams based on each players best single season AT PITT ONLY. Professional basketball or transfer seasons elsewhere do not count towards evaluating the teams.

@4Mark_Marty
PG V Cummings 19.5 5.9. 4.1 2.5
SG C Aiken. 14.2. 3.1 1.8. 1.3
SF Antoine Jones. 9.6. 1.5. 4.5. 0.7
PF Gerald Jordan. 8.7. 6.0
C. D Morningstar. 12.3. 1.3. 6.2. .16
6. Ryan Murphy 7.6 rest are garbage

@thirteenNINE
PG: Ashton Gibbs: 16.8 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 2.4 apg
SG: Brad Wanamaker: 11.7 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 5.1 apg
SF: Rod Brokin: 13.0 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 1.6 apg
PF: Justin Champaigne: 12.7 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 0.7 apg
C: Andre Williams: 9.1 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 1.0 apg
6: Dante Taylor: 5.1 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 0.3 apg

I'm gonna give Marty a chance to make his case in this matchup. But it ain't looking good IMO....

I think the guard matchup is fairly even. I think the Center matchup favors Marty.

But the forwards......just absolutely overwhelming in favor of 13-9

I think the guard matchup is fairly even. I think the Center matchup favors Marty.

But the forwards......just absolutely overwhelming in favor of 13-9

Yeah that just about says it all Recruits. Your getting good at saying a lot with a little. Marty is hurtin for certain.

Yeah that just about says it all Recruits. Your getting good at saying a lot with a little. Marty is hurtin for certain.
I think The Marty team just pounds the ball inside.

If Justin is your best rebounder, I am guessing he is in foul trouble.

The backcourt from the a #1 seed? Game over.

Look guys. I hear you. Brad and Ashton played on a team that had a great regular season, but against Butler, in the game of their lives, choke city.

This game would be for all the Pitt marbles. BRAGGING RIGHTS. 13s guards wouldn’t get off a shot or get to the hoop against V or Curtis. Morningstar, Jones and Jordan would score every time they got the ball. 13 has no rim protection. Gibbs would be driven by with ease for a lay up. His team has NO defense.

My team has two drafted NBA players. Cummings could guard 1-4 against 13s. Murphy could guard Gibbs no problem in a pinch.

You guys overvalue Gibbs and Wanamaker way too much in my opinion. Champagne has too many off nights and would get abused due to youth.

Game over. We win easily.

Reactions: Ski11585
Oh my team can't defend for beans!
Congratulations ThirteenNINE. Much respect for you and your team. However, my team would beat yours 8 out of 10 times. No respect for my front court is given by the voters. I guarantee 80% of voters didn’t have the pleasure I’ve watching my players play live.

We’d score inside or out every time down. I guarantee.

Oh well, it’s only a game.

Congratulations ThirteenNINE. Much respect for you and your team. However, my team would beat yours 8 out of 10 times. No respect for my front court is given by the voters. I guarantee 80% of voters didn’t have the pleasure I’ve watching my players play live.

We’d score inside or out every time down. I guarantee.

Oh well, it’s only a game.

I thought this was a pretty close matchup. Surprised by the voting here.

Recency bias. You and I are old.

I'm not as sure about recency bias as the issue. One would think that, but my team on the other board had three guys from the 80's, two from the 90's and just James Robinson from this decade and it won.

Is undergrad class of 88 old? Damm. I guess it is.

I'm not as sure about recency bias as the issue. One would think that, but my team on the other board had three guys from the 80's, two from the 90's and just James Robinson from this decade and it won.

Is undergrad class of 88 old? Damm. I guess it is.
Yo. We OGs.

ADVERTISEMENT