Votes: 35 70.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ski11585

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Oct 25, 2008
Reminder:

Please evaluate the teams based on each players best single season AT PITT ONLY. Professional basketball or transfer seasons elsewhere do not count towards evaluating the teams.

@recruitsreadtheseboards
PG Marcus Carr 10PPG, 4.0 assists, 2.8 TO's, 2.8 RPG, 33% 3pt, .438%FG

SG Durand Johnson 8.8PPG 3RPG 1.4 apg

SF Cam Johnson 11.9PPG 4.5 RPG 2.3 apg

PF Chris McNeal 14.5PPG 9.1RPG

C Eric Mobley 13.7 PPG 8.8 RPG 2.8 BPG

6th Ahmed Shareef 9.0PPG 1.9 RPG 1.8 APG Dreadful from the 3.

VS.

@Ajntrw
PG Brandin Knight 6' 180 (01-02 Season) 15.6 PPG 7.2 APG 4.8 RPG 2.3 SPG 52.3% FG 35.6% 3PFG 6.0 Win Share

SG - Cam Wright 6'5 205 (13-14 Season) 10.5 PPG 2.6 APG 3.3 RPG 1.8 SPG 3.6 Win Share

SF Audiese Toney 6'6 210 (19-20 Season) 9.5 PPG 4.8 RPG 1.2 SPG 1.2 APG 51.5% FG 32.8% 3PFG 2.9 Win Share

PF Isaac Hawkins 6'8 210 (97-98 Season) 14.2 PPG 9.2 RPG 1.7 BPG 54.1 FG% 3.0 Win Share

C – Attila Cosby 6’9 (97-98 Season) 9.3 PPG 4.8 RPG 2.0 BPG 0.9 SPG 50.9% FG 1.8 Win Share

6th – Yuri Demetris (04-05 Season) 3.8 PPG 3.4 RPG 1.3 SPG 45.2% 3PGFG 57.1 FG%1.2 Win Share

Last edited:
Reminder:

Please evaluate the teams based on each players best single season AT PITT ONLY. Professional basketball or transfer seasons elsewhere do not count towards evaluating the teams.

@recruitsreadtheseboards
PG Marcus Carr 15.4PPG 6.5APG 5.6RPG 36% 3 Point Shooting

SG Durand Johnson 8.8PPG 3RPG 1.4 apg

SF Cam Johnson 11.9PPG 4.5 RPG 2.3 apg

PF Chris McNeal 14.5PPG 9.1RPG

C Eric Mobley 13.7 PPG 8.8 RPG 2.8 BPG

6th Ahmed Shareef 9.0PPG 1.9 RPG 1.8 APG Dreadful from the 3.

VS.

@Ajntrw
PG Brandin Knight 6' 180 (01-02 Season) 15.6 PPG 7.2 APG 4.8 RPG 2.3 SPG 52.3% FG 35.6% 3PFG 6.0 Win Share

SG - Cam Wright 6'5 205 (13-14 Season) 10.5 PPG 2.6 APG 3.3 RPG 1.8 SPG 3.6 Win Share

SF Audiese Toney 6'6 210 (19-20 Season) 9.5 PPG 4.8 RPG 1.2 SPG 1.2 APG 51.5% FG 32.8% 3PFG 2.9 Win Share

PF Isaac Hawkins 6'8 210 (97-98 Season) 14.2 PPG 9.2 RPG 1.7 BPG 54.1 FG% 3.0 Win Share

C – Attila Cosby 6’9 (97-98 Season) 9.3 PPG 4.8 RPG 2.0 BPG 0.9 SPG 50.9% FG 1.8 Win Share

6th – Yuri Demetris (04-05 Season) 3.8 PPG 3.4 RPG 1.3 SPG 45.2% 3PGFG 57.1 FG%1.2 Win Share

You need to edit Marcus Carr's stats.

At Pitt he averaged 10PPG, 4.0 assists, 2.8 TO's, 2.8 RPG, 33% 3pt, .438%FG

yeah recruits team is longer but not really known for their D, Cam/Brandin/Audiese will pester the crap out of Cam/Marcus/Durand and Atilla/Isaac can hold Mobley/McNeal in check.

Hard to vote against a team with Brandin on it, but I did.

AJ - no doubt

Seniors BK and Wright vs FR Carr and Durand who barely played and isnt even a true 2.

Sophs Cam and Audiese mostly cancel out. Probably slight advantage to Cam.

McNeal and Hawkins cancel out.

Recruits has the advantage at the 5 but its not enough

Will "Ant" win this by a 2 to 1 or 3 to 1 margin? I'm interested on betting if someone wants to propose decent odds.

Early Departure Squad vs. Team Junkyard Dog in this one. I love Chris McNeal but his teammates are just going to get bodied in this one.

According to the rules laid out - Recruits deserves the win. His front line is so much better that isn’t even funny. The other team lacks shooting as well. Recruits has a much better 6th man to boot.

Last edited:
Let's be honest, I have the much better team. I mean Carr and Cam are so much better players than their counterparts. I am being robbed.

I voted for you but you have to be joking about Carr's Pitt years. Maybe you're trying to tank for a first round pick next year?

Honorary Coach of the Junkyard Dogs (named above by thirteennine) Jamie Dixon , says we are glad to escape with a win and will do our best to make this University proud as we move forward in this tournament.

Also asks for an extension/increased due to interest from multiple other universities..

I am making my concession speech and congratulating my opponent on a campaign well played. I do know, that my past transgressions on the basketball forums have caught up to me. That I did not think Jamie Dixon walked on water and he mailed it in his last few seasons. And because of this a band of Pitt Hooper Advocates have rallied against my campaign. It is because of this, I cannot and will not accept another entry on the basketball forum. So I graciously acknowledge my opponent's victory and wish him well in future rounds.

I accept this defeat. However, because of the concerted effort to act revenge upon all my snarky comments of the past, I cannot willingly participate in any further votes in this tourney. Thank you. And good day. I said, Good Day!

Owt

I am making my concession speech and congratulating my opponent on a campaign well played. I do know, that my past transgressions on the basketball forums have caught up to me. That I did not think Jamie Dixon walked on water and he mailed it in his last few seasons. And because of this a band of Pitt Hooper Advocates have rallied against my campaign. It is because of this, I cannot and will not accept another entry on the basketball forum. So I graciously acknowledge my opponent's victory and wish him well in future rounds.

I accept this defeat. However, because of the concerted effort to act revenge upon all my snarky comments of the past, I cannot willingly participate in any further votes in this tourney. Thank you. And good day. I said, Good Day!

Owt
I think you’re a weirdo
But- my vote was simply based on team composition

no need to play the victim card -

Owt

08Widmer-superJumbo.jpg

It's not paranoia if they ARE all out to get you!

I can not believe this vote.

Recruits team is better everywhere but PG.

Teams are not even close. This is a no contest.

Recruits team is better everywhere but PG.

You think that Chris McNeal was better than Ike Hawkins? Really?

And if sophomore Cam Johnson is better than Audiese Toney it's not by much. Because if they played against each other Toney's defense could very well render sophomore Johnson impotent.

And that gap at point guard is huge.

Reactions: CougarClaws
And Cam would have shut Durand down too and got some easy midrange jumpers or his uninspired D at the other end too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT