Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
I miss the old days
PG : Levance Fields (08-09) 10.7 ppg...2.5 rbs....7.5 ast
SG : Julius Page (02-03) 12.2 ppg....3.4 rbs....2.2 ast
SF : Orlando Antigua (94-95) 10.4 ppg...5.8 rbs....2.9 ast
PF: Nasir Robinson (11-12) 10.6 ppg...6.5 rbs....2.0 ast
C: Keith Armstrong (84-85) 7.5 ppg....5.1 rbs...0.8 ast...
6th Man : Khem Birch (11-12) 4.4 ppg....5.0 rbs....1.9 Blks

fkthomas
PG- Xavier Johnson— 15.5ppg, 3.9RPG (35.2% 3PT)
SG- Parker Stewart— 9.1ppg, 3.3RPG (38.6% 3PT)
SF- Demetrius Gore— 16.1ppg, 3.8RPG (40% 3PT)
PF- Ryan Luther— 12.7ppg, 10.1RPG (38.7% 3PT)
C- Charles Smith— 18.9ppg, 7.7RPG
6th- Malik Ellison— 5.8ppg, 3.8RPG

fk averages 78.1 points per game
Imissthe.. averages 55.8 per game

How does imiss make up 23 points?? That's an astronomical number. Maybe Stewart is held below his 9pts per game by the strong backcourt of Page and Fields...but where does Imiss get his scoring in this match up?

Reactions: iMissTheOldDayss
Good matchup here between an a slow it down defensive team with efficient scorers and a more fast paced team with three really good players.

Reactions: MarshallGoldberg
I like both my guards much better, I like Nasir in a matchup with Luther all day, Smith is the obvious focal point here and the best player on either team. Malik Ellison is simply a non factor in my honest opinion, Khem Birch at least can help on Smith and on the boards, Stewart would do nothing against Page. Gore wins the SF matchup but don't discount Antigua

I like both my guards much better, I like Nasir in a matchup with Luther all day, Smith is the obvious focal point here and the best player on either team. Malik Ellison is simply a non factor in my honest opinion, Khem Birch at least can help on Smith and on the boards, Stewart would do nothing against Page. Gore wins the SF matchup but don't discount Antigua
I have to say you have two of my favorite panthers of all time, both in your backcourt. And my team has none of my favorite panthers of all time. Your guard play I love but it won’t take much to hold Stewart under his average. JP could so that. But the average of 9points per game from Stewart is 2 field goals and a couple ft’s per game. If JP is going to do that, it’s like bleeding water from a stone. So if Stewart is held to 6 points will it make a difference? I don’t think so. But I’ll concede that if we must. The only way that you can keep this thing close is to get Charles out of the game early with foul trouble. But who in your front court is going to do that? This one is just a tough match up for you.

I have to say you have two of my favorite panthers of all time, both in your backcourt. And my team has none of my favorite panthers of all time. Your guard play I love but it won’t take much to hold Stewart under his average. JP could so that. But the average of 9points per game from Stewart is 2 field goals and a couple ft’s per game. If JP is going to do that, it’s like bleeding water from a stone. So if Stewart is held to 6 points will it make a difference? I don’t think so. But I’ll concede that if we must. The only way that you can keep this thing close is to get Charles out of the game early with foul trouble. But who in your front court is going to do that? This one is just a tough match up for you.
Maybe Khem came motivated to play to his potential ;)

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Maybe Khem came motivated to play to his potential ;)
Using owt’s rules that consider a players production elsewhere, that could work. But using the Khem at Pitt who was merely playing his first 10 games in college...I don’t think so. Lol. He had two decent games in November against RMU and Penn. but that was it. He had 15 and 10 in a game vs Penn, and 8 and 11 in the game vs RMU. That was game 5 and 6 of his career. Then something happened and he flamed out in games 7,8,9,10. His last game against OKSU, he played 15 minutes and was 2/3 from the floor and finished with 5pts and 1 rebound. We never saw him in a Pitt uniform again. Would have loved to be a fly on the wall then.

Using owt’s rules that consider a players production elsewhere, that could work. But using the Khem at Pitt who was merely playing his first 10 games in college...I don’t think so. Lol. He had two decent games in November against RMU and Penn. but that was it. He had 15 and 10 in a game vs Penn, and 8 and 11 in the game vs RMU. That was game 5 and 6 of his career. Then something happened and he flamed out in games 7,8,9,10. His last game against OKSU, he played 15 minutes and was 2/3 from the floor and finished with 5pts and 1 rebound. We never saw him in a Pitt uniform again. Would have loved to be a fly on the wall then.
i know...just joking with ya...I was actually at that Penn game at the palestra...I left with my young mind thinking "we got a star on our hands"... And the rest is history lol

Oh man. That’s awesome. How is that place??
it was simply awesome to watch a game there, it's unlike any other d1 experience I've attended...almost a high school feel but in a good way... I went with my mother who got great, cheap tickets right behind the Pitt bench, actually,e directly behind the players families... I was right behind Nas Robinsons fam...great memories

fk averages 78.1 points per game
Imissthe.. averages 55.8 per game

How does imiss make up 23 points?? That's an astronomical number. Maybe Stewart is held below his 9pts per game by the strong backcourt of Page and Fields...but where does Imiss get his scoring in this match up?

He makes up those 23 points because Nas and Julius will almost certainly outscore their averages given how weak their counterparts are defensively. It's also super important to point out that Luther isn't really a 13 ppg/10 rpg player - he did that in 10 non-con games and it's really flattering relative to his actual value as a player.

I think these teams are very close, regardless of the averages. I think I'm leaning slightly towards your team primarily because I don't see an answer for Charles Smith.

He makes up those 23 points because Nas and Julius will almost certainly outscore their averages given how weak their counterparts are defensively. It's also super important to point out that Luther isn't really a 13 ppg/10 rpg player - he did that in 10 non-con games and it's really flattering relative to his actual value as a player.

I think these teams are very close, regardless of the averages. I think I'm leaning slightly towards your team primarily because I don't see an answer for Charles Smith.
Luther’s best games in his double double season were against WVU and OKlahoma St. He absolutely would have continued to put up numbers better than Nas ever did. It’s a shame he got hurt because 0-18 would have never happened if he was healthy. Then again, it helped stallings along his way.

Reactions: BPKY
IMTODs backcourt is far superior , but fkThomas is far too strong in the front court . No contest !

X will be effective enough having those other guys spreading the floor. My team has shooters that need respect and defended outside the arc. That gives X space to drive and score and/or dish to Charles. It would be fun to see that match up.

Luther’s best games in his double double season were against WVU and OKlahoma St. He absolutely would have continued to put up numbers better than Nas ever did. It’s a shame he got hurt because 0-18 would have never happened if he was healthy. Then again, it helped stallings along his way.

I'll grant you the game against WVU, but he wasn't impressive against OkSt and OkSt weren't anything special that year to begin with. He was pathetic against PSU and MSM.

Luther's entire career screams that he absolutely was not a 13 ppg/10 rpg talent, so I'm going to give that more weight than a tiny sample of non-con games. Maybe 0-18 becomes 2-16 with Luther, but you're grossly overestimating both his ability and the impact a non-star player can make if you think he'd have moved the needle more than that.

This is an interesting call for me because the old day's guards are going to completely take fk's guards out of the game, but no one on the old day's team is going to be able to even slow Smith down, and don't sleep on Gore absolutely going off on Antigua. Gore could run hot and cold, but if he is playing well he is head and shoulders above Antigua.

I think the old days would be wise to let Page guard Gore and have Antigua guard Stewart.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT