ADVERTISEMENT

Run It Back?

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
9 days and only 1 transfer is very strange. I did think Hugley, Horton, Sibande, and Burton were returning and thought Femi would use his freebie but maybe these and most of the other guys are coming back? Capel did speak to how "together" the team was. Maybe it wasnt coachspeak?

Currently, we have 3 scholarships to give and I can't imagine there will be no more transfers so I would guess there's at least 2 players (Max, Payton, Oladapo) who are "encouraged" to move on if we don't have any more portal entries.

I think its becoming more clear though that there isnt going to be a mass exodus.

Reactions: Elsalvador
Jeffres would be palatable in a 5 min/game role. Will he accept that as a means to obtain free education in pursuit of a pretty impressive degree? Might not be the worst decision on his part.

I still think Femi is gone.

As for Max, Payton, and Oladapo.... I mean, you just can't bring them back. I don't care if you're replacing them with Porky from the Little Rascals; a lottery ticket is better than absolutely nothing.

Plus, although next year will absolutely be more about transfers, Capel can still increase his overall appeal if he is able to land a few decent '22 prospects. There are those Spanish twins (no idea why we offered one and not the other, aside from the fact that it's what I've come to expect from Capel), and perhaps you can get a flip from a team that fires its coach or a late reclass. You need the flexibility of open scholarships to do that.

Jeffres would be palatable in a 5 min/game role. Will he accept that as a means to obtain free education in pursuit of a pretty impressive degree? Might not be the worst decision on his part.

I still think Femi is gone.

As for Max, Payton, and Oladapo.... I mean, you just can't bring them back. I don't care if you're replacing them with Porky from the Little Rascals; a lottery ticket is better than absolutely nothing.

Plus, although next year will absolutely be more about transfers, Capel can still increase his overall appeal if he is able to land a few decent '22 prospects. There are those Spanish twins (no idea why we offered one and not the other, aside from the fact that it's what I've come to expect from Capel), and perhaps you can get a flip from a team that fires its coach or a late reclass. You need the flexibility of open scholarships to do that.

They need to move Jeffress to the 4 and play him as undersized hustle dude. He is like playing 4 on 5 when he's playing on the perimeter. I'd like to see him bulk up a little and play the Nasir Robison role (though I know he is only 10% as good).

I still think Femi leaves simply because he fits the profile of the type of player who transfers.

2 of 3, if not all 3 of Max, Payton, and Oladapo will be gone. Max may be on the Samson George Free Education Program though.

Hugley, Horton, Sibande, and Burton were returning and thought Femi

Like I said keeping the 'top 5' at this point is progress. yikes.

ADVERTISEMENT