ADVERTISEMENT

S&C Coach Dave Andrews

I’ll tell you what else is “not a good look” is making decisions based on the emotions of a bunch of kids on Twitter.

We don’t know what goes on behind the scenes that force decisions to be made. People change jobs for different reasons all the time.

I remember the kids and alumni being upset when the Equipment Manager got canned, but we survived...
#Free Ox....

heres my understanding
Andrews has hitched his whole career to PN and to further his career he needs to branch out. hes not going to ames he ia going to an up and comer who has made some noise at a young age...
......MATT CAMPBELL

Reactions: HailToPitt725
's
heres my understanding
Andrews has hitched his whole career to PN and to further his career he needs to branch out. hes not going to ames he ia going to an up and comer who has made some noise at a young age...
......MATT CAMPBELL

Nonsense...

Everybody knows Narduzzi ran him off...

First it was The OX, now it's the strength and conditioning coach...

His next targets are the Sports Dietitian and Jeff Capel....

His appetite for destruction has no limits!

Early reports are that the seniors-to-be want to build on this past season but want to do even better. Hopefully the MSM picks up the story during camp.

It’s a basketball analogy, but add in the one about how the transfer guy “has been killing it in practice, best guy on the floor”.

FWIW, I think the S&C coach is the most overrated coaching position in all of sports. I could download a training program off the internet, be the S&C coach and the team wouldn't win 1 less game.

FWIW, I think the S&C coach is the most overrated coaching position in all of sports. I could download a training program off the internet, be the S&C coach and the team wouldn't win 1 less game.

The only other mandatory requirement is wearing short sleeves in cold weather. (Not sure if Syracuse kilt strength coach is intimidating or laughable)

I read the liar regularly and hardly post.

head strength coach is second most important position on football staff.
They help build the culture or destroy it!

Reactions: Upg bobcat

I think you underestimate the value of the "right " S & C coach.

I believe that story is scheduled for right before the one about someone reporting to training camp in the best shape of their life.
EJ Borghetti has the drafts saved in his email. He just changes the players names and hit send every year.

Notice that every year the PG and Trib just happens to run the same feature article at the same damn time.

You couldn't be more wrong about that. Those guys are extremely important, not just for knowing how to train kids, but also with establishing culture and discipline and team-building atmosphere. The best ones are very well compensated. As well, the standard is often for the football S & C guy to often oversee S & C for the rest of the athletic department, as well, not in a hands-on way necessarily but setting up programs for many of the other sports. They are busy guys.

The best ones fly under the radar because schools never let go of them once they have them. If they go anywhere, it's to the NFL.

Reactions: superstein61a
Plus,

The asst coaches are limited to only so much time with players both in season and off season.

The S & C coach does not fall under this rule. Thus, the S & C guy has unlimited time with the players.

Imagine how valuable that guy is....he has more control over how a team will prepare, how they will react, how they handle adversity than anyone on staff.

But our friend SMF says this guy is useless.

Yet another morsel of stupidity by the Lair genius.

Plus,

The asst coaches are limited to only so much time with players both in season and off season.

The S & C coach does not fall under this rule. Thus, the S & C guy has unlimited time with the players.

Imagine how valuable that guy is....he has more control over how a team will prepare, how they will react, how they handle adversity than anyone on staff.

It’s a comment based on ignorance. SC coaches are paid several hundred grand a year because it is an important component of a successful program. There’s a lot that goes into a good SC program

I agree that the S&C coach is important to a staff for a variety of reasons. I heard last night from another Pitt fan that Andrews salary at ISU is off the charts. Have we confirmed his new salary?

Plus,

Honestly, what would have been our record if I was the S&C coach? I still would have made the guys lift. Yea, ok, maybe I wouldn't have instilled the "discipline" but I would have printed off a workout schedule off the internet and they would have been required to complete it. Would we have gone 2-10? 1-11? I need numbers here.

Reactions: pittmeister
Honestly, what would have been our record if I was the S&C coach? I still would have made the guys lift. Yea, ok, maybe I wouldn't have instilled the "discipline" but I would have printed off a workout schedule off the internet and they would have been required to complete it. Would we have gone 2-10? 1-11? I need numbers here.

Well,

Given that the S & C coach has full time access to the kids, and in your scenario you asked what would the record be if you were that coach.....

And then you answered your own question by suggesting 2-10, or 1-11.

You teed it up SMF, and I just smoked a 280 yard baby draw center cut.

Ok, we get it. You think they are just more slightly developed muscle heads than the guys at the average gym. I don't think guys like Saban, Dabo, Smart, Franklin et al agree with you on that, though. Let's hope that Narduzzi doesn't.

Using jimmy in vain with Dabo and Saban.....haha

Ok, we get it. You think they are just more slightly developed muscle heads than the guys at the average gym. I don't think guys like Saban, Dabo, Smart, Franklin et al agree with you on that, though. Let's hope that Narduzzi doesn't.

Mickey Marotta.

From Ambridge. Was Urban's S & C coach at Florida. Brought him to OSU.

Ryan Day. First thing he did when hired was tear up Marottas contract and give him a new deal to keep him in Columbus .

A great S & C coach is as close to irreplaceable as there is. We better hope Narduzzi can find him.

Reactions: Elsalvador
Well,

Given that the S & C coach has full time access to the kids, and in your scenario you asked what would the record be if you were that coach.....

And then you answered your own question by suggesting 2-10, or 1-11.

You teed it up SMF, and I just smoked a 280 yard baby draw center cut.

I said we wouldn't lose 1 more game. So you think we go 2-10 if I was the S&C coach?

I'm not sure what happened to some of you as children, but whatever it was, it left you scarred for life. You simply can't help yourselves.

Reactions: bdur76

You are totally overrating S&C coaches. The actual football coaches are much mire more responsible for team success

At what extent have you played organized sports?

How did Franklin get on this list?

Showing your bias again nitter?

Question: Which coach listed has not been involved with a National Championship team???
Answer: James Franklin

Question: Which coach listed was never been a HC of a College Football Playoff Team?

Question: Which coach listed has won the fewest division titles (one) since 2014?

Shall I continue?

Get out!

Last edited:
Just cause he graduated from PSU doesn’t mean he’s a turd. Guy had 20 kids on HS team bench over 250 lbs. average HS football player presses 185. Has kids cleaning over 350 with perfect form. All explosive movements.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT