ADVERTISEMENT

Sabbatical

Gary77

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Not that many will care, but I have decided to end my self-imposed sabbatical in regards to posting on this site. Although the past 5 months have been quite boring for me I must say that lurking in, lieu of posting, have been very beneficial for my emotional health. Quite frankly, I would recommend the same approach for any long-time poster.

Regardless, so many significant events have transpired over the past 5 months that it's difficult to know where to begin.

I suppose the logical place to begin is with the change in our coaching staff and Administration. I was especially pleased with the hire of Dr. Gallagher as Chancellor. I can't remember the last Chancellor that spoke so highly of the value of athletics to the University as Dr. Gallagher. Not only his words but his actions have given new hope to those of us long suffering Pitt football fans. Now I am waiting, somewhat impatiently, for the hire of our new AD. Since Dr. Gallagher will have the last word on this hire, I expect that the new AD will share Dr. Gallagher's enthusiasm and dedication to the betterment of our athletic program.

Like most of you, I am very excited and enthusiastic about the hiring of Coach Narduzzi and his staff. The very energetic and aggressive approach to recruiting is something we haven't really seen since the early 80's, imo. However, the thing that matters most is the results on the field. I am hopeful that most, if not all, of us will give Coach Narduzzi and his staff our full support for a reasonable period of time. I know we all want things to turn around as quickly as possible, and I believe we are now headed in the right direction, but it will take some time, imo. The patience of Pitt fans has grown razor thin, and justifiably so, but I truly believe the light is now visible at the end of the tunnel.

Sorry for the rant, but I just had to share some of my pent-up thoughts and opinions.

ps. I know my return will not be well received by some, and that's OK, but I am willing to put old animosities aside if others are willing to do the same.

Hail To Pitt!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News