ADVERTISEMENT

Sad news for Pitt wrestling fans...(link)

Panther Parrothead

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2001
Kyle Deliere, Class of 2008, passed away yesterday following a long and courageous battle with cancer. He was just 27-years old.

Kyle earned two letters while wrestling for Pitt. He was a 2004 graduate of Canon McMillan High School, where he was a WPIAL & Powerade Tournament champion. See his complete obituary below....

Obituary - Compliments of Wash. Observer-Reporter

Really tough news, he's been sick for a couple years. A really smart kid and a good all around guy.

Originally posted by bwh05:
Really tough news, he's been sick for a couple years. A really smart kid and a good all around guy.
His family (classy all the way) has dealt with some tragedies before: Kyle's mother passed away several years ago from cancer, and one of Kyle's uncles was on the ill-fated USAir Flight 427 that went down near the airport.

Yea his mom passed away the week of the PIAA State tournament his senior year from cancer. It's a really depressing story all the way around.

Re: Terrible.

I knew his dad who was a terrific wrestler also. Anyone have an address for a card?

Originally posted by Dallas Burgher:
I knew his dad who was a terrific wrestler also. Anyone have an address for a card?
You know his uncle, too; he was wrestling at the same time that you were.

I'm unable to provide a mailing address, but if you sent a card via the uncle's (medical) office, I'm sure he'd be glad to forward it.

Originally posted by Panther Parrothead:

Originally posted by Dallas Burgher:
You know his uncle, too; he was wrestling at the same time that you were.

I'm unable to provide a mailing address, but if you sent a card via the uncle's (medical) office, I'm sure he'd be glad to forward it.
Yeah, his uncle is Dr. Emil Deliere, a pulmonary physician in the Pittsburgh area ....... Emil wrestled for Canon-McMillan and Princeton University where as a senior he finished as the national runner up in the NCAA Wrestling Tournament ...... Emil was the Upper St. Clair high school varsity wrestling coach for 18 years and I believe stepped down last year because of the time commitment to his medical practice.

Kyle Deliere, Class of 2008, passed away yesterday following a long and courageous battle with cancer. He was just 27-years old.

Kyle earned two letters while wrestling for Pitt. He was a 2004 graduate of Canon McMillan High School, where he was a WPIAL & Powerade Tournament champion. See his complete obituary below....

Obituary - Compliments of Wash. Observer-Reporter

Was he related to Ariel Delivered class of 1968 at Cannon Mac?

ADVERTISEMENT