ADVERTISEMENT

San Diego State and Snapdragon Stadium

Also no pro football to compete with. Seems like a no brainier.

Nice little stadium, too.

Perfect replacement for UCLA since their real attendance was right around 22k per game.

TV networks don't care about attendance. UCLA is a much bigger TV draw in SoCal and nationally than San Diego State. The other thing that hurts SDSU is that, as part of the Cal State system, its not as good of a school as the University of California system. Remember the Colorado saying the Big 12 had JUCO schools or something like that.

TV networks don't care about attendance. UCLA is a much bigger TV draw in SoCal and nationally than San Diego State. The other thing that hurts SDSU is that, as part of the Cal State system, its not as good of a school as the University of California system. Remember the Colorado saying the Big 12 had JUCO schools or something like that.
Sorry. My sarcasm font was off.

That’s not entirely true. There are some very good programs at SDSU that are better than UCSD which is considered a very fine institution of learning. Quite honestly it all depends on the program you invest and what you get out of it. School name doesn’t guarantee jack.

That’s not entirely true. There are some very good programs at SDSU that are better than UCSD which is considered a very fine institution of learning. Quite honestly it all depends on the program you invest and what you get out of it. School name doesn’t guarantee jack.

The Cal State system is looked down on.

dafodil stadiun was a soccer field first. next is lacrosse, and then an entertainment venue. college FB is way back in the pack even an artificial service is going to look and play like the circus just left town.

Reactions: singregardless
  • Haha
Reactions: pitt90seven
The obvious answer to me, too …I wouldn’t mind seeing the “Johnny Majors Classic” become a fairly regular thing…though I know it would have the gravitas of the River City Rivalry, it’s still the kind of goofy fun stuff that makes college football cool.

I had a good experience dealing with every Tn fan I came across, and usually that can’t be said.

crazy. "our stadium is in a desert. do you think we need shade?"
Had a friend who took his grandson (8 yrs old) to a game there in September. May have been durinmg Santa Ana winds. He said it was brutal, no shade no clouds, theywere getting fried, left early. They'd have to play a lot of night games, but, no TV market at those times

Reactions: pitt90seven
Had a friend who took his grandson (8 yrs old) to a game there in September. May have been durinmg Santa Ana winds. He said it was brutal, no shade no clouds, theywere getting fried, left early. They'd have to play a lot of night games, but, no TV market at those times

absolutely crazy that they didn't think of that pre-construction.

I could see it. SDSU has my favorite helmets (other than Pitt’s)

2021-1-sdsu-vs-nmsu.png

Southern California weather is usually pretty moderate. The average monthy temperature in September is 77, the same as Pittsburgh. They had that massive heat wave this September though, which wasnt really much different from some early Saturday games at Pitt. I remember that Todd Graham opener, it was 96, but the game started at 6 so it cooled off. Also, there was a game vs Delaware in the low 90s. PSU was about 95 degrees.

Southern California weather is usually pretty moderate. The average monthy temperature in September is 77, the same as Pittsburgh. They had that massive heat wave this September though, which wasnt really much different from some early Saturday games at Pitt. I remember that Todd Graham opener, it was 96, but the game started at 6 so it cooled off. Also, there was a game vs Delaware in the low 90s. PSU was about 95 degrees.
Except when there's Santa Ana winds, when it's typically over 100... And that's not unusual in Sept/early Oct

Big picture SDSU is coastal but with the microclimates and where the stadium is located it’s not coastal. While temps at the beach may be 75-80 it could be 85-90+ easily at the game. Also, the sun is so much more intense down here than in Pgh. I avoid the sun 9-5 all year round unless dressed long sleeves and pants with a wide brim hat.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
Big picture SDSU is coastal but with the microclimates and where the stadium is located it’s not coastal. While temps at the beach may be 75-80 it could be 85-90+ easily at the game. Also, the sun is so much more intense down here than in Pgh. I avoid the sun 9-5 all year round unless dressed long sleeves and pants with a wide brim hat.

That's true. But temps in SD for Sep arent much different than Pgh

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT