ADVERTISEMENT

Santos to the Portal

Smart Choice for him. Opportunities for us.

Great teammate, but he just had really poor confidence in his shooting and couldnt get it together. Wish him the best transferring down so he can try to find his shot again without pressure on him.

I thought it was only a matter of time before this happened. Between Santos, Jeffress, and Barnes, something had to give with 1 of them. And now it has... Best for him and best for Pitt with more room for additions.

Good news for all parties. Seems like a great kid. Should be a good player at a lower level. Would love to see him at RMU. He would start and be a 10 PPG guy or go to YSU so he can make $120K/year as BballinsiderfromPitt claims.

Last edited:
Might as well go get a goon for the tournament next year, since they're swallowing the whistle more than they do in the NHL playoffs, evidently.

But yeah - best of luck to him. I actually think he can do well if he is a more integral part of a team and the higher repetitions enable him to build some confidence. But he wasn't going to build that being a bench player on a P6 team.

From what I've seen from Jeffress I'd rather Santos, but pretty much same player
Disagree. I think Will is a better defender. I saw Santos get abused out there at times during the season (albeit in sparse minutes).

Santos lacked confidence. Had a nice stroke. Just couldn't hit a shot. He made the right decision to transfer.

Nate was a good teammate who just didn’t get his shot dropping enough
I played and defended multiple positions .
I wish him nothing but the best

Disagree. I think Will is a better defender. I saw Santos get abused out there at times during the season (albeit in sparse minutes).
They had eerily similar shooting stats but in opposite trends. Will (15 and 20% from three in years 1 and 2, respectively), Santos (22% and 15% from three in years 1 and 2, respectively). If Will can get it up to 30% this year with his defense, he will be a valuable bench asset.

Reactions: thebadby2
Jeffress is a better rebounder, defender, and has a higher ceiling due to his athleticism. Santos is just a shooter but couldn't shoot consistently.
Santos is an athlete, he's just not a basketball player. No killer instinct, win at all cost attitude at all.

Reactions: Drew1208
This notion of Jeffress being this and that puzzles me. A bazooka bubble gum and a stroll in the park seems more of a challenge for this guy but I keep reading athleticsm and rebounding and whatever. Hope I eat the bird but I’m still sore about him allowing VA to win two years ago when he fell on his face allowing Gardner‘s prayer shot. And I do realize he may have improved and matured.

He had no confidence because was overmatched at this level. No disrespect meant to Nate.

He'll do better at a lower level, and I wish him the best.

He had no confidence because was overmatched at this level. No disrespect meant to Nate.

Totally agree. I see it similar to Drumgoole.

On another topic, saw Drumgoole is heading to Delaware to play under James Robinson.

Jeffress is a better rebounder, defender, and has a higher ceiling due to his athleticism. Santos is just a shooter but couldn't shoot consistently.
Santos is a better rebounder. I don't know where u ever seen athleticism from Jeffress. I've never seen a player lack more confidence than jeffress.
This notion of Jeffress being this and that puzzles me. A bazooka bubble gum and a stroll in the park seems more of a challenge for this guy but I keep reading athleticsm and rebounding and whatever. Hope I eat the bird but I’m still sore about him allowing VA to win two years ago when he fell on his face allowing Gardner‘s prayer shot. And I do realize he may have improved and matured.

Wow, that's literally how I would describe Jeffress. I've never seen a high rated player look so uncomfortable as he did. Hope I'm wrong. I'll be rooting for both.

Wow, that's literally how I would describe Jeffress. I've never seen a high rated player look so uncomfortable as he did. Hope I'm wrong. I'll be rooting for both.
i said something like this last week about jeffress and it didnt go over too well. careful on not praising jeffress on here, the mob will come after you..

Santos is 21. Jeffress is 19 and was playing in the ACC at a young age. Santos was also injured and never fully recovered. Hope Jeffress is healed and turns a corner. No one is expecting him to be a starter. But I would gladly take a solid bench spot. He can’t be any worse than santos was this year.

i said something like this last week about jeffress and it didnt go over too well. careful on not praising jeffress on here, the mob will come after you..
Jeffress needs to be the glue guy who sets picks , gets his hands on errand passes , gets that timely rebound and knock down some midrange jumpers and hits his FTs . I don’t want him tossing up 3’s . He is the guy whose stats won‘t tell the story .

He must have read my
post a few two days ago.
He's made the right decision
IMO, and I wish him well
at a lower level team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT