ADVERTISEMENT

Sat with a few coaches yesterday

FreddieFunk

Walk-on
Oct 27, 2018
High school coaches, and I am told our QB recruit is a serious talent, from SC, and we will all be glad we got him in a few years, much better than his 3 stars. He was recruited by other x Pitt coaches, current high school coaches to Pitt. We have alot of fans across this country, alum etc, that still want Pitt to win so badly.

He was offered by Harvard/Yale/Princeton (yes, plus a few P5 schools), he has great pro-style QB size (6-6, 200#), and it's clear when you watch his clips that he a) has a big arm, and b) doesn't stare down receivers.

Of course his ability to make smart decisions quickly will ultimately decide his success at the college level, but there are plenty of positives he brings to the table for a 3* recruit whose biggest offers were Pitt, NW, and Rutgers.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
After watching his senior season, 247 thinks he has NFL potential.

He was offered by Harvard/Yale/Princeton (yes, plus a few P5 schools), he has great pro-style QB size (6-6, 200#), and it's clear when you watch his clips that he a) has a big arm, and b) doesn't stare down receivers.

Of course his ability to make smart decisions quickly will ultimately decide his success at the college level, but there are plenty of positives he brings to the table for a 3* recruit whose biggest offers were Pitt, NW, and Rutgers.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
After watching his senior season, 247 thinks he has NFL potential.

Also, was told he was always a Pitt lock, so once he committed it was done, he is coming. When you have an x coach of JS saying, he will be special at Pitt, you tend to believe the guy.

I would be curious about whether he can run some. A QB who can run is such an asset in college ball...

Go Pitt.

High school coaches, and I am told our QB recruit is a serious talent, from SC, and we will all be glad we got him in a few years, much better than his 3 stars. He was recruited by other x Pitt coaches, current high school coaches to Pitt. We have alot of fans across this country, alum etc, that still want Pitt to win so badly.
I’ve read nothing but good things about him during his senior year.

Also, was told he was always a Pitt lock, so once he committed it was done, he is coming. When you have an x coach of JS saying, he will be special at Pitt, you tend to believe the guy.
His plans are for him to enroll at Pitt this January. Let's have him become a carbon copy of Pickett path who also enrolled early.

Kid can’t be any good he only has three stars from the ultimate experts on talent and only has a few P5 offers.

This programmed is doomed. Have to recruit five star locks like Pat Bostic

Kid can’t be any good he only has three stars from the ultimate experts on talent and only has a few P5 offers.

This programmed is doomed. Have to recruit five star locks like Pat Bostic
Lol

That 6 Star from Matre Dei playing for USC couldn’t hit a bull in the ass with a bass fiddle on so many key plays v a 2 win UCLA. granted he is a true Frosh......but still.
following USC shows one just how hard it is to win FB games...

That roster is chalk full of 4/5 stars and they play like Sh!t. Follow them every yr, every game I can watch and they are going to finish

5 and Freaking 7

Last edited:
He's definitely the most talented QB the program will have seen in a long time.

Patti's redshirt is in the books now, so you will have Pickett and he set for next season, so Belleville should be able to RS, too - and we are F I N A L L Y on the cusp of having the QB depth chart squared away.

Also, you have an OC who was there for a second year, which had to be a big part of being able to reel this kid in with so little drama, and should help to keep the QB spot properly lined up now.

Patti's redshirt is in the books now, so you will have Pickett and he set for next season, so Belleville should be able to RS, too - and we are F I N A L L Y on the cusp of having the QB depth chart squared away.

Also, you have an OC who was there for a second year, which had to be a big part of being able to reel this kid in with so little drama, and should help to keep the QB spot properly lined up now.

Watson was Beville's primary recruiter so yeah, that helps a bunch. Patti is pretty good according to some of the current players.

Depth is so critical at the QB position because it’s so difficult to predict how kids will adapt to the college game. This kid sounds like he has some talent. reports on patti are promising as well. We have two more years to find a kid to replace KP. I’m sure they’ll recruit one or two more kids before he leaves The odds of doing so and not missing a beat increase when you have three or more kids lined up behind him competing for the job. This is the first time since Walts early years here thay we’ve had that luxury

ADVERTISEMENT