ADVERTISEMENT

Satterfield to Cincy

Pittnerski

Freshman
Sep 11, 2013
Didn’t see that one coming. Hopefully depletes Ville for a few years as they were finally trending up

Kind of a strange move, in my opinion, from both parties. The recruiting class he had coming in, although small, was absolutely stacked. Hopefully they decommit.

Reactions: Pittisit4me
Wow....that's a bad look for the ACC. Louisville is supposed to be the bigger program.

Also, a bad look for Louisville unless they wanted to get rid of him.

ESPN is saying they're gonna want to go after Brohm coming off of a BiG 10 championship appearance with Louisville. Interesting if he makes that move.

• Haha
Reactions: joeydavid
Wow....that's a bad look for the ACC. Louisville is supposed to be the bigger program.

ESPN is saying they're gonna want to go after Brohm coming off of a BiG 10 championship appearance with Louisville. Interesting if he makes that move.
ACC's play on the field is a bad look for the ACC.

Don't understand this choice by Cincinnati. They've always done a good job hiring up and coming stars why hire a guy who has sucked at Louisville?

Agreed. And I also don't get it from his perspective. Louisville showed slight signs of improvement and have a 5-star and seven 4-stars committed. Is it going to be easier winning in the Big 12?

If Brohm does leave Purdont, does that reignite old rumors of Narduzzi to Purdue? It should be interesting to see how it all plays out.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
"Purdont?"....That was funny.
Did you make it up, or has
it been around for awhile
and I was just unaware of
it?

"Purdont?"....That was funny.
Did you make it up, or has
it been around for awhile
and I was just unaware of
it?
I think it’s been around for a while. I’ve seen it on those stupid blue buttons that Penn State fans wear around

Don't understand this choice by Cincinnati. They've always done a good job hiring up and coming stars why hire a guy who has sucked at Louisville?
usa_today_9640470.0.jpeg

Kind of a strange move, in my opinion, from both parties. The recruiting class he had coming in, although small, was absolutely stacked. Hopefully they decommit.

He maybe saved his job this year, for at least another year. But he didn’t want to be there. And this felt like a situation where ever year he would be coaching for his job. Almost like a Miles-LSU or Gus-Auburn situation. It makes sense for him to get out of it while he can, and Lville not to be too upset about it.

And it probably hurts this class. But I don’t think Satteefield himself was some elite recruiter and if you’re Lville you’re worried you will never get that level of recruiting back.

This class was largely driven by that assistant coach with the Cali connections and NIL money. You can replicate that with the next guy.

Used to be in the syndicated column‘s “Bottom Ten” years ago. Likewise…”Not any” Lions.
I remember the “Bottom Ten”
Perennial occupants included:
Bill and Mary
The Pentagon (Army, Navy, Airforce)
Columbia.
Sadly, Pitt was on that list a few times during the 1990s.

Jeff Brohm seems like the logical choice for Louisville. In that case, who does Purdue hire?… are we going to have #Purduzzi part two?

Satterfield was and has been coaching to save his job. He's a sub .500 coach at a place that wants to win. He bailed to get another 5 year deal while someone was winning to pay him for being a sub .500 coach.

Louisville has to be smiling that they won't be eating a buyout in a year. Cincinnati looks desperate imo for hiring that guy.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
I thought Brian Hartline would be a great fit for the Bearcats. Perhaps they reached out to him and he declined, but I wouldn’t like this hire if I were a Cincinnati fan.

Louisville had reason to be excited about him when he came over from App State, but can the same be said for Cincy based on what he did with the Cards? Unless they like .500 football…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT