ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday slate of games

Pitt2006

Sophomore
Jun 19, 2018
Pretty decent combination of top ranked games and high ranked teams verse potential upset quality opponents that we can hopefully enjoy more if Pitt takes care of business early on.

1 Alabama vs. 12 Ole Miss
2 Georgia vs 8 Arkansas
7 Cincy @ 9 ND
3 Oregon @ Stanford
PedState vs Indiana
5 Iowa @ Maryland (Friday)
Oklahoma @ KSU
Florida @ Kentucky
Michigan @ Wisconsin
Auburn @ LSU
ASU @ UCLA
Baylor @ OkState

Get a few upsets or hopefully chaos and makes the whole season more interesting for a lot of folks.

This week looked pretty bad on paper, but it ended up being an entertaining Saturday with Clemson going down, etc.

I'm looking forward to Virginia vs Miami on Thursday and Cincy vs Notre Dame on Saturday (in addition to Pitt, of course).

Reactions: ThePanthers
Top 5 win comfortably, with Peds losing to trash ass Indiana. Already put $10 on the IU ML. Auburn at LSU should be fun too, love that lowkey rivalry among the SEC

should Virginia win, I expect the natives to really get restless in Miami,
If Virgina wins, Manny Diaz is a gosh darn dead man walking through the final weeks of the season. It is kind of amazing that he got that job anyway. If the U was smart they would hire an above average coach and let him reap the benefits of the recruiting territory that they have established. Instead, they will hire someone that hasn't done diddly you know what in the power five and continue to wallow in mediocrity.

Virginia has issues. They are gawd-awful bad right now. They certainly have the look of a team that has flat-lined and simply mailing it in.

I'm actually going to this game. 😂
Well historically they’ve sucked basically for the past 100 years, so there’s that. They’re supposed to be gawd awful. It’s what they do.

A little more intriguing than last week, though last week was one of the best college football weekends in years. Also, how in the world is the Penn State-Indiana game the prime time game this week?

Well historically they’ve sucked basically for the past 100 years, so there’s that. They’re supposed to be gawd awful. It’s what they do.

It's really alarming the effort they put out in the Wake game. I didn't see the UNC game, but that couldn't have been much better.

This is not typical of Bronco Mendenhall teams. UVA looks like they have totally checked out. This is the kind of effort that can, and should get a coach fired.

It's really alarming the effort they put out in the Wake game. I didn't see the UNC game, but that couldn't have been much better.

This is not typical of Bronco Mendenhall teams. UVA looks like they have totally checked out. This is the kind of effort that can, and should get a coach fired.
He’d do very well IMO at the right place. That ain’t it. Basically, he left the right place for him to take the dead end UVA gig.

the key word being "Almost"
Kelly has a pretty shaky team this year. Suspect O line, mediocre QB and RBs, young personnel and a new DC. They are doing it with smoke and mirrors right now. Will be interesting to see how long they can sustain it. Cinci game will be very interesting. Good barometer for both teams.

If Virgina wins, Manny Diaz is a gosh darn dead man walking through the final weeks of the season. It is kind of amazing that he got that job anyway. If the U was smart they would hire an above average coach and let him reap the benefits of the recruiting territory that they have established. Instead, they will hire someone that hasn't done diddly you know what in the power five and continue to wallow in mediocrity.
Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT