ADVERTISEMENT

Sean Miller: $100,000 ain't bus fare

Saboteur

All Conference
Jan 15, 2015
Many places. but not all
According to published reports, Sean Miller, is nabbed in a wiretap conversation discussion detailing how to pay a recruit $100,000.00 to attend AZ. The report says the FBI wiretap tape nabs Miller and Christian Dawkins (a gopher for a sports agent) going over details of how, when etc...to get the money to a recruit.
I'll refrain from any reference to his old man and have nothing to add to a sort of "apple not falling far from the tree" banter.
But I will say this.
I never liked the guy.
I didn't like him at Pitt.
I didn't like him at Xavier.
I dont like him at AZ.
I don't even like looking at his picture.
And as for his old man....thank you immensely for hating Pitt.
We are everything you can't fathom. And it starts and ends with dignity. The Miller clan ain't got it in spite of what they can do with a bag of money and a big orange ball.

I will say one thing on all of this. If you believe it is just a select school here or there that pays their players to come to their university you are crazy.

Almost every school pays their players. This investigation is going to be ugly with all teams involved and I pray this doesn’t leak over to football teams.

Reactions: pittiswhereiamfrom2
I will say one thing on all of this. If you believe it is just a select school here or there that pays their players to come to their university you are crazy.

Almost every school pays their players. This investigation is going to be ugly with all teams involved and I pray this doesn’t leak over to football teams.
I know most schools do it.

Most coaches are smart enough not to be directly involved.

Hopefully they have some perspiration whisking fabrics for their prison stripes.

From a women's point of view, since we think of these things, I match Mr Buffett's colors all the time, how does a guy match the color of his tie with prison stripes or an orange jump suit and sliver leg irons??

"save a horse ride a cowboy"
Signed: Mrs Buffett
Go CSU Rams & PITT Panthers

This whole mess has me wondering:
1. The way Dixon left Pitt...was he forced out because of something similar?
2. Did Pitt not pursue a bigger name because they caught wind of this and decided to wait it out with a lesser, but safer option?

Lol, he’s not going to prison. He will get fired with a 10 million dollar severance package.
I wonder if he has a morals clause in his contract which might prevent paying a buyout if he’s fired for criminal offense.

Everyone here would cream in their pants if Sean Miller replaced Stallings. I can't wait to land him.

P.S.

Nothing will happen to these schools by the way. Too many of them are involved for the ncaa to do anything

Last edited:
Reactions: Ski11585

I cannot disagree more. I absolutely hope this hits for all just as bad. The NCAA needs to be torn down and college sports reformed. Hopefully this is a first step.

I cannot disagree more. I absolutely hope this hits for all just as bad. The NCAA needs to be torn down and college sports reformed. Hopefully this is a first step.

This corruption has opened the door for a solution.

And the reform is simple:

-Create minor leagues for football and basketball where athletes will be paid. The NFL & NBA "bums" in both sports owners and players can figure out how to fund those leagues.

-Other athletes play college sports where they receive scholarships as compensation for playing the sport

After the minor leagues are formed college sports won't be the primary venue to watch elite athletes, there'll be less money floating around and athletes will have two goals a degree or pro sports.

There'll be no need to pay college athletes since the U's and the NCAA will make much less on college sports.

College sports will be college sports finally!

More U's will be able to complete since "pay for play" will be finished.

College fans will be the true fans who love their U's.

"it''s five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Last edited:
I actually hope this goes over to football. I want all the dirty laundry exposed. Isi,Mich,Ups Alabama,Miami and many many more are filthy dirty. They all need burnt with penatilites. If PITT is dirty they need to get burnt also.

Minor league baseball and hockey are played in venues that are 1/4 to 1/10 the size of professiional venues.

Will college football and basketball fans continue to fill stadiums that are as big or bigger to watch lesser programs?

The NBA has a minor league. Now it needs to do away with the one and done rule and add a round or two to its draft.

According to published reports, Sean Miller, is nabbed in a wiretap conversation discussion detailing how to pay a recruit $100,000.00 to attend AZ. The report says the FBI wiretap tape nabs Miller and Christian Dawkins (a gopher for a sports agent) going over details of how, when etc...to get the money to a recruit.
I'll refrain from any reference to his old man and have nothing to add to a sort of "apple not falling far from the tree" banter.
But I will say this.
I never liked the guy.
I dont like him at AZ.
We are everything you can't fathom. And it starts and ends with dignity. The Miller clan ain't got it in spite of what they can do with a bag of money and a big orange ball.

Aren't there more important issues the FBI should be investigating? FBI resources are limited yet they have time to investigate college basketball?? Doesn't make sense. Why aren't they stopping school shootings or chasing down Russians?

-Create minor leagues for football and basketball where athletes will be paid. The NFL & NBA "bums" in both sports owners and players can figure out how to fund those leagues.

-Other athletes play college sports where they receive scholarships as compensation for playing the sport

After the minor leagues are formed college sports won't be the primary venue to watch elite athletes, there'll be less money floating around and athletes will have two goals a degree or pro sports.

There'll be no need to pay college athletes since the U's and the NCAA will make much less on college sports.

Go PITT & CSU Rams!
basketball has a minor league/developmental league already, the fact that you never heard of it speaks volumes of it's popularity. cant see an NFL developmental league ever succeeding. we are already past the breaking point of football overkill/saturation. another league would fail.

I agree with getting rid of the one year rule for nba and the 3 years separated from high school rule for NFL. you cant prohibit adults from making a living. I like it as a fan of college but it's BS, unfair and hypocritical.

Aren't there more important issues the FBI should be investigating? FBI resources are limited yet they have time to investigate college basketball?? Doesn't make sense. Why aren't they stopping school shootings or chasing down Russians?
You can say that about anything. But almost always the failure to pay income tax will draw attention.
Plus, I don't know what else the FBI/IRS is investigating. This started under the Obama administration. Suffice to say that corrupt people won't get much sympathy.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead

Go PITT & CSU Rams!
Diversity programs at universities will suffer.

And this... is unacceptable.

If you look at FBI key responsibilities Corruption of any kind is high on their along with many other things.

1. The criminal activity a FBI agent may investigate includes bank robberies, terrorism, corruption, cybercrime, organized crime, espionage and drug trafficking
The FBI isn't a law enforcement agency like police or sheriffs they're an investigative agency.

The FBI only gets involved in domestic criminal activity i.e. school shootings ( local law enforcement responsibility) if asked to join in by local law enforcement.

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Last edited:
Reactions: jmcst5
It is a Machiavellian political tool to divide the country and make everyone hate each other for a gain in political power for those promoting it.

It is a Machiavellian political tool to divide the country and make everyone hate each other for a gain in political power for those promoting it.

I can't think of a more perfect term for someone with DC in his screen name to use.

Harrisburg_Area_Panther might come in a close second.

But I will say this.
I never liked the guy.
I dont like him at AZ.
Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, what did you think of the play?

Black Elmo 2 said:

Really sorry you view this situation this way. This corruption has altered the basketball landscape for years and finally there is a chance for this to come to light and rectify a bad situation.
No one can tell me that duke, nc, kentucky arizona ucla and numerous other schools were not buying players that other schools couldn't afford to go after.

Now maybe a school will have a legitimate chance for a recruit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT