ADVERTISEMENT

Sidy Ndr

Chescat

All Conference
Jul 5, 2001
Sidy Ndr, grad transfer from New Mexic St. visiting this weekend. He's a 6'2" guard.
Hopefully we'll see some Bigs as grad transfers soon.
Either way, Capel is definitely heating it up on the recruiting trail. He now has something
to show these recruits with Ellison, the other returnees , plus the new scholarships to two top guards, plus Aiiken. The proverbial glass is no longer "half empty".... IMO.

I would be surprised if he wasn't the starting point guard next season.

I think a backcourt starting with Ndir and Ellison is a solid starting point with the young guys coming off the bench and JWF seeing some time at guard. Would be a hell of an improvement over last season.

Reactions: crharris8892
Capel plans on winning next year. To what degree will depend on how stupid he wants to make comments like "historically bad" look in hindsight. The most direct way to so is fixing the defense; more like playing some defense. Sidy can be a big part of that.

See, I'd rather just let XJ do it and learn on the job like Carr.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
Sidy Ndr, grad transfer from New Mexic St. visiting this weekend. He's a 6'2" guard.
Hopefully we'll see some Bigs as grad transfers soon.
Either way, Capel is definitely heating it up on the recruiting trail. He now has something
to show these recruits with Ellison, the other returnees , plus the new scholarships to two top guards, plus Aiiken. The proverbial glass is no longer "half empty".... IMO.

This guy seems boring and nonathletic, no way he can compete in the ACC. Former Texas A&M commit too, they don't produce anyone...

Looks really good on tape! And I like how it takes some pressure off the true freshman coming in.

Happy to hear it. NMSU fans have said that his shot was off last season and that they think it might have been a confidence issue. Apparently he's spent most of his time at the 2 whereas he was recruited as a 1. That explains the low assist totals and why his PPG was cut in half from his sophomore to junior seasons. I can see him making a decent impact with a change of scenery, he's certainly athletic enough for the ACC, but if nothing else it's a nice depth pickup.

Even one, actually.

We have the room for a few more if he can get em. What in God's name is Kene thinking?
He has to be impressed with what's coming, unless he fears he won't see the floor.
Also, none of us know what Capel has told him about his chances.

We have the room for a few more if he can get em. What in God's name is Kene thinking?
He has to be impressed with what's coming, unless he fears he won't see the floor.
Also, none of us know what Capel has told him about his chances.

No doubt. But my point is that if HCJC can just secure ONE big who can play a legit 20 MPG, I will be largely impressed.

But what he's accomplished thus far for next year following a late start and an 0-18 season has already been quite remarkable.

No doubt. But my point is that if HCJC can just secure ONE big who can play a legit 20 MPG, I will be largely impressed.

But what he's accomplished thus far for next year following a late start and an 0-18 season has already been quite remarkable.

I agree with your point "if HCJC can just secure ONE Big who can play a legit 20mpg."
One would be nice, especially if he could split time with Browne. The reason I like two is
that the other could be more of a PF, with Stephenson backing him up. If Kene stays (and
I really don't like what I see of him) then he can also fit it into the equation as a sub.
I don't like the idea of Stephenson as a starter getting major minutes.

Who's out there that's acc ready and interested or could be?

Who's out there that's acc ready and interested or could be?

At the moment we don't have anyone on the inside who is "ACC ready". IMO Browne,
isn't (yet), and neither is Stephenson (yet). Iggy and George?......no comment.
We need bodies, and if they're not ACC ready but are at least equivalent to
Browne, then that would be an upgrade. It would at least give Browne the
chance to continue his development without being forced into major minutes.

Last edited:
We might end up being surprised but I think we are looking at a 4 out / 1 lineup this year. Then fixing the frontline next year.

One capable big to add for 18 would be quite a feat at this stage of the game.

We might end up being surprised but I think we are looking at a 4 out / 1 lineup this year. Then fixing the frontline next year.

You're right, we could go "4 out/ 1" We could do that with the 10 we now have on scholarship and save the scholarships for next year. However, as long as the new Bigs for 2018 are grad transfers, we still have the same # of scholarships for next year, since the grad transfers leave at the end of this season. Even if Kene returns, we would still have
two open scholarships for 2018.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT