ADVERTISEMENT

sleepers

Mitchell is this years Cockrell. Absolutely terrible. Between him, Vince Williams, and Dupree I counted roughly 12 missed tackles today (whiffed completely or hit runner who continued on). Looked like Tomlin & Narduzzi both spent all week focused on the passing games. 656 yards on the ground vs Pitt & Steelers this weekend. Mind blowing numbers.

Mitchell is this years Cockrell. Absolutely terrible. Between him, Vince Williams, and Dupree I counted roughly 12 missed tackles today (whiffed completely or hit runner who continued on). Looked like Tomlin & Narduzzi both spent all week focused on the passing games. 656 yards on the ground vs Pitt & Steelers this weekend. Mind blowing numbers.
That has always been the case with Mitchell. The missed tackles aren't even his main problem, the guy just absolutely can not play free safety in the NFL. He has the skills to be a strong safety, but you have no business playing free safety if you're more worried about lighting people up than making sure there's not a receiver 10 yards behind you.

Reactions: #99HUGHgreen

Dupree is a bit overrated at this point. Quick first step, but not a great finisher. He still needs to show he can stay healthy, tackle better and sack more often. Time for him to get his sack numbers up (at least 9 this season).

I am just going to say it, THE NFL IS BORING! There is very little excitement in watching an NFL game anymore. I used to be one of those people who watched from Thrusday to Monday as many games as I could at any level. Now I watch a HS on Friday, Pitt if they are not stinking up the joint, if there is a good college match up, and come Sunday the Steelers but more out of habit than anything.

I cannot tell you how many times in the past couple years Steeler games have put me to sleep. The game has changed, and imo it has changed for the worse. I feel there are many reasons for it. None of it deals with the rules to protect players I have no problem with that. I do have a problem though that a DB cannot play defense because he will be flagged. With Fantasy Football being so damn popular rules were changed (or at least enforced in a way) to favor the pass game, to the point that I feel they are playing flag football out there.

Another reason for the NFL being boring is the players themselves. Everyone loves all these athletic freaks, the only problem is, most of them are just that athletes and not football players. Football fundamentals are at a low imo. These guys can't run good routes, can't tackle, can't take good angles, etc. For every one Hines Ward who was great despite not being the most athletic (I get that he was still a great athlete, but compared to most NFL WR he was not), there are 6 or 7 M. Bryant's, who are superior athletes but not football players. Again all of this is my opinion if you don't agree with me so be it.

I am just going to say it, THE NFL IS BORING! There is very little excitement in watching an NFL game anymore. I used to be one of those people who watched from Thrusday to Monday as many games as I could at any level. Now I watch a HS on Friday, Pitt if they are not stinking up the joint, if there is a good college match up, and come Sunday the Steelers but more out of habit than anything.

I cannot tell you how many times in the past couple years Steeler games have put me to sleep. The game has changed, and imo it has changed for the worse. I feel there are many reasons for it. None of it deals with the rules to protect players I have no problem with that. I do have a problem though that a DB cannot play defense because he will be flagged. With Fantasy Football being so damn popular rules were changed (or at least enforced in a way) to favor the pass game, to the point that I feel they are playing flag football out there.

Another reason for the NFL being boring is the players themselves. Everyone loves all these athletic freaks, the only problem is, most of them are just that athletes and not football players. Football fundamentals are at a low imo. These guys can't run good routes, can't tackle, can't take good angles, etc. For every one Hines Ward who was great despite not being the most athletic (I get that he was still a great athlete, but compared to most NFL WR he was not), there are 6 or 7 M. Bryant's, who are superior athletes but not football players. Again all of this is my opinion if you don't agree with me so be it.
It really has become boring. These first 3 Steeler games in particular. I can't pinpoint why. The designed parity thing for sure. Maybe ironically it is also because the players are so athletically elite now at all positions but the field itself is the same dimensions. The wider range of quality in the college ranks may be what gives it the unpredictability that makes it more exciting. Perhaps why the most interesting plays happen on special teams now (like yesterday) because you have players of less consistent quality playing them.

ADVERTISEMENT