ADVERTISEMENT

Slovis really stood out again

President Stache

Heisman Candidate
Dec 4, 2010
One half of work, 196 yards, 14/24 and 3 drops, including what would have been his second TD and instead his only INT.

Obviously if Means makes that catch we win, or either of the 2 FGs

Oh well. Excellent game, Wayne, Bart, Izzy ran insane. We held there top back Small to 10 carries for 17 yards

Outgained them until the horrible sack at the end.

One of those games that we should of won and didnt

Eh.

He was fine.

Threw a few too many INT worthy passes that just weren’t picked.

And threw nothing down field. But that might just be the design of the offense, because Patti didn’t look down field either.

One half of work, 196 yards, 14/24 and 3 drops, including what would have been his second TD and instead his only INT.

Oh well. Excellent game, Wayne, Bart, Izzy ran insane. We held there top back Small to 10 carries for 17 yards

Lacked pocket presence on some plays. When we went for it on 4th and 2 he failed to see Bartholomew run 4 yards and turn around. Instead he stared out to the right and got blindsided. But I think he will improve in that area going forward.

Lacked pocket presence on some plays. When we went for it on 4th and 2 he failed to see Bartholomew run 4 yards and turn around. Instead he stared out to the right and got blindsided. But I think he will improve in that area going forward.

Well, I give you that one. I agree there.

I dont know why that wasnt the first option honestly.

We seem to trust Slovis more with the RPO too than Patti

Patti was playing in a lot of pain and barely could move. Wouldn't be surprised if he was playing on break of some sort - which made putting him under center really dumb coaching.

Reactions: CCHS82
If the pocket held together better maybe he would still be playing and toss a few passes beyond 20 yards. The o line better get it figured out and the QBs have to bail out safer and minimize the big hits.

As a USC fan I’ll tell you guys Slovis is best at his best when it’s basically shot gun hurry up 2 minute drill type offense. That’s why he was so good for you at the end of the WV game. Someone should look at his numbers in the shotgun compared to under center. He’s awesome late game.

Eh.

He was fine.

And threw nothing down field. But that might just be the design of the offense, because Patti didn’t look down field either.
Could it have been that the offensive line didn't protect the quarterback?

maybe. But there was more protection last week and they attempted 2 passes downfield.

The WVU QB was getting hammered and he threw the ball downfield non-stop.

You read the stats showing that Slovis had one of the worst average depth of throws in college football while at USC, then see he’s not throwing the ball downfield at Pitt through 2 games, and a common denominator between the two schools has to be a possible explanation.

Yeah, he was body slammed. I guess that is now legal, but I hope he didnt break a collar bone
Yeah if it's a collar bone that could be really bad. If it's a separated shoulder it's likely his non throwing shoulder which shouldn't cause him to miss to much time. If Patti's healthy and we play well they can win the next two games.

Eh.

He was fine.

Tennessee is known for their three deep coverage, really hard to throw deep on them.

That said, he (and Patti) did have an inordinate amount of batted balls that Pitt was lucky didn't turn into ints.

He also missed Bart being wide open on that double backside blitz on fourth down.

But, he also made some really great throws too, that early sideline pass, where he had a blitzer bearing down on him, he pulled the ball back and then threw a GREAT pass AROUND the defender was super impressive.

Overall, had he not gotten and hurt and the defense played like it it did in the second have Pitt almost assuredly would have won.

This is in no way a defense of the OL, but in the post game Nards was asked about the double backside blitz Tennesssee was running and Nards basically said they knew about it and their plan was to beat it with adjustments by the QB and WRs, which obviously did not happen enough.

maybe. But there was more protection last week and they attempted 2 passes downfield.

The WVU QB was getting hammered and he threw the ball downfield non-stop.

You read the stats showing that Slovis had one of the worst average depth of throws in college football while at USC, then see he’s not throwing the ball downfield at Pitt through 2 games, and a common denominator between the two schools has to be a possible explanation.
Not really ... They mostly abandoned the deep sideline passes by the start of the second quarter.

ADVERTISEMENT