ADVERTISEMENT

Slovis to leave

Lets hope then for competive play by either or both of our backup QBs in the bowl game. First we need a bowl win badly and its about time Patti showed us all what 4 years of practice can provide. More important it shows Jurk that there will be competition this offseason and competition keeps everybody on their toes and brings out the best.

If this is true, then it’s my guess that we will be improved next year at QB. Who other than Cignetti knows both players better? Looks like he made his choice between the two and sent Slovis on his way. Hopefully they don’t lose Yarnel or Patti Over this.

Reactions: Roy10n
I have said for months that Slovis isnt coming back. No inside info. It is just obvious he hated this offense and I am sure he thinks he is better than what he is. To be fair, I dont think he is that bad. He is an average to slightly below average FBS QB. Put him on a team with a lot of offensive talent and he can do well. Certainly, he won't be drafted so that would be a dumb decision but I think he can do well dropping down to G5. I wouldn't even be surprised if a lower P5 school gave him a shot.

Reactions: OmarMarino
I've talked myself into giving Jurkovec a shot. He's shown talent before- he was really good a few years ago. BC isn't exactly football mecca so maybe they just ruined him. His ceiling is really high. I'll take a guy like that instead of a more safe QB with less potential who guarantees us 7-5 or 8-4.
Aren’t all of these options just keeping us on track to be average at best? Can we not set our sights higher? As fans we saw the potential last year and we can and should be able to fill holes with good quality players. Why should we settle for QBs that keep us average. A QB that can get us wins over UNC and GT, and compete for ACC almost every year? What team in our division fills holes with better QBs? UNC does. Why can’t we?

I have said for months that Slovis isnt coming back. No inside info. It is just obvious he hated this offense and I am sure he thinks he is better than what he is. To be fair, I dont think he is that bad. He is an average to slightly below average FBS QB. Put him on a team with a lot of offensive talent and he can do well. Certainly, he won't be drafted so that would be a dumb decision but I think he can do well dropping down to G5. I wouldn't even be surprised if a lower P5 school gave him a shot.
Great minds think alike

Physically he’s fine. I don’t know that he “can make all the throws” but that’s fine. Not many can. But he can certainly make enough. It’s his mental process and decision making that’s a killer. He does some REALLY dumb stuff. Protect him and he has talent around him, I think he’d be fine. But he wasn’t cut out for what Pitt had.

Aren’t all of these options just keeping us on track to be average at best? Can we not set our sights higher? As fans we saw the potential last year and we can and should be able to fill holes with good quality players. Why should we settle for QBs that keep us average. A QB that can get us wins over UNC and GT, and compete for ACC almost every year? What team in our division fills holes with better QBs? UNC does. Why can’t we?
Get the phones working and start poaching away…some backups around the country may be available if you do what Riley did. The LSU gunslinger as Kelly calls him for one. He’ll be a back up again next year. Gotta play the man’s game and go at least halfway in to stay relevant. Lol. What am I thinking. Duzz has his man already. Then he’ll have him again next year. And then the next year……

Reactions: FireballZ
Jurkovec sucks. He's way worse than Slovis, and I want nothing to do with him. I get that he's gritty and knows the offense. I also don't care. He's a very flawed quarterback mechanically, and he throws one of the worst balls I've ever seen. It flutters and hangs in the wind. No thanks. If this is what Cignetti wants to hitch his wagon to, it may be his last OC stint at this level.

Physically he’s fine. I don’t know that he “can make all the throws” but that’s fine. Not many can. But he can certainly make enough. It’s his mental process and decision making that’s a killer. He does some REALLY dumb stuff. Protect him and he has talent around him, I think he’d be fine. But he wasn’t cut out for what Pitt had.
Think he envisioned tossing the ball to JA. He had comparable wideouts in ‘19 at USC.

Reactions: jctrack
I've talked myself into giving Jurkovec a shot. He's shown talent before- he was really good a few years ago. BC isn't exactly football mecca so maybe they just ruined him. His ceiling is really high. I'll take a guy like that instead of a more safe QB with less potential who guarantees us 7-5 or 8-4.
You know who else was really good a few years ago??? USC True Freshman QB, Kedon Slovis.
The man set USC Passing records for being the 1st QB in the history of the program to throw for over 400 yards in three consecutive games. He also was the 1st QB in school history to throw for over 500 yards in a game.
Honestly, I'd prefer Slovis over a guy who has not had success at two other schools.

Reactions: H2P-2007
Jurkovec sucks. He's way worse than Slovis, and I want nothing to do with him. I get that he's gritty and knows the offense. I also don't care. He's a very flawed quarterback mechanically, and he throws one of the worst balls I've ever seen. It flutters and hangs in the wind. No thanks. If this is what Cignetti wants to hitch his wagon to, it may be his last OC stint at this level.
In no way is he way worse than slovis I wouldn't say he's a huge upgrade over slovis ,I agree with some of the stuff you post but your critical about every move they make

Slovis' biggest problem is not being able or unwilling to go through his progressions quickly and hit the open man. He had guys open routinely and didn't see them or wouldn't throw to them. He left a lot of meat on the bone.

In no way is he way worse than slovis I wouldn't say he's a huge upgrade over slovis ,I agree with some of the stuff you post but your critical about every move they make

He is worse. He physically cannot play quarterback, because he can't throw a football. I've been extremely consistent on praising Slovis' arm but admonishing his moxie and ability to read the field. Jurkovec has no arm talent and consistently lobs balls into double and triple coverage. You can check my posts and find that I was anti Jurkovec way before I thought him coming to Pitt was ever an option. He's gritty, but he isn't any good. This highlight tape should be set to the sounds of a flock of ducks quacking.

Slovis' biggest problem is not being able or unwilling to go through his progressions quickly and hit the open man. He had guys open routinely and didn't see them or wouldn't throw to them. He left a lot of meat on the bone.
He also won’t tuck the ball and go when he needs to.

Reactions: Dan1911
I’d just wait to see who else enters the portal in the next couple of days. I’d rather take a shot on a guy like Veilleux who has multiple years of eligibility over a retread like Jurkovec. There has to be a highly rated qb out there that has got recruited over somewhere

He is worse. He physically cannot play quarterback, because he can't throw a football. I've been extremely consistent on praising Slovis' arm but admonishing his moxie and ability to read the field. Jurkovec has no arm talent and consistently lobs balls into double and triple coverage. You can check my posts and find that I was anti Jurkovec way before I thought him coming to Pitt was ever an option. He's gritty, but he isn't any good. This highlight tape should be set to the sounds of a flock of ducks quacking.

I'm not advocating Jurkovec is going to move the needle any but let's not forget how bad slovis was this year,I would agree there's better options out there in the portal but which one would really want to come here with this dinosaur offense

I’d just wait to see who else enters the portal in the next couple of days. I’d rather take a shot on a guy like Veilleux who has multiple years of eligibility over a retread like Jurkovec. There has to be a highly rated qb out there that has got recruited over somewhere
Me too but the problem is Cignetti's connection to Jurkovec. It's a done deal and Jurkovec was probably promised the starting job just like Slovis was. Smh

Reactions: jctrack
You know who else was really good a few years ago??? USC True Freshman QB, Kedon Slovis.
The man set USC Passing records for being the 1st QB in the history of the program to throw for over 400 yards in three consecutive games. He also was the 1st QB in school history to throw for over 500 yards in a game.
Honestly, I'd prefer Slovis over a guy who has not had success at two other schools.
Slovis sucks the team hate him and he is gone

I imagine Pitt wants both.

I imagine Pitt wants both.

Yeah, I would hope so. We're going to need at least two or three transfers just to get the numbers right. I assume we'll flip one high school guy, so we'll need two (if Yarnell stays) or even three (if Yarnell goes) transfers after that. There needs to be a guy in his 2nd or 3rd year who is breathing down Jurkovec's neck in case this thing goes off the rails. If Narduzzi is making "I promise you'll start no matter what" guarantees to a dude who spurned him twice, he needs his head checked.

So Jerk-o-vic wants to come home now after spurning Pitt twice. Dooz should give him two options....enroll at Duquense or run the Pitt scout team and carry Yarnell's water for him.

If Slovis is leaving, that's fine. There should be other signal callers out there better than Jerk-o-vic that would welcome the challenge for the Pitt starting QB position.

I'm not advocating Jurkovec is going to move the needle any but let's not forget how bad slovis was this year,I would agree there's better options out there in the portal but which one would really want to come here with this dinosaur offense

Should be easy to market to a good (maybe not great) prospect or transfer….will lean heavily on the running game and not require you to do too much outside of being smart and not turning the ball over. Not sexy and not exciting.

Slovis fit the bill but he proved to be fairly inaccurate after the WVU game.

Should be easy to market to a good (maybe not great) prospect or transfer….will lean heavily on the running game and not require you to do too much outside of being smart and not turning the ball over. Not sexy and not exciting.

Slovis fit the bill but he proved to be fairly inaccurate after the WVU game.
Just before the half of the Tennessee game Slovis got drilled. We should've just taken a knee down 3 going into the half. Just horrible

Reactions: sherepower
So Jerk-o-vic wants to come home now after spurning Pitt twice. Dooz should give him two options....enroll at Duquense or run the Pitt scout team and carry Yarnell's water for him.

If Slovis is leaving, that's fine. There should be other signal callers out there better than Jerk-o-vic that would welcome the challenge for the Pitt starting QB position.
Jilted schoolboy bitterness. Adults don’t lay that at least successful adults

• Haha
Jilted schoolboy bitterness. Adults don’t lay that at least successful adults
I am saying forget about a player that didn't WANT to play for his hometown school twice and work on bringing in somebody better. It's not like Jurcovic would be some major upgrade, plus he has one year of eligibility left. There are multiple transfer options to be looked at instead of just handing the keys to Jerk for one year and telling everybody else we don't need you.

Now go tell one of your other personalities how to succeed in life without trying. Either that or start another of your many threads on career advice for successful adults.

Last edited:
It was a dinosaur offense because the QB wasn’t very good and our best player was a running back.

Exactly, I feel like our goal is to be BC, not good enough

Reactions: pittizit
Either for draft ( please stop laughing) or another school . Jurkovec to announce for Pitt tomorrow . I suspect slovis may not stick around for the bowl .’
So this is just your guess with no inside knowledge or reports? God just like cable news its hard to tell the distinction between reporting and opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT