ADVERTISEMENT

Slovis to leave

So Jerk-o-vic wants to come home now after spurning Pitt twice. Dooz should give him two options....enroll at Duquense or run the Pitt scout team and carry Yarnell's water for him.

If Slovis is leaving, that's fine. There should be other signal callers out there better than Jerk-o-vic that would welcome the challenge for the Pitt starting QB position.
Honestly that isn't fair because Kenny was our starter last time he transferred and he didn't want to sit behind him or have to compete against him. He went to BC so he could start period. Cignetti promised to help him and he had Phil looking like a first round pick. No reason to believe he can't get him back to at least close to that form. Slovis would not get one sniff of the NFL after this year so you tell me who the better option is. If he wants to come home give him a chance and bring in another transfer to compete and possibly take over if he gets hurt or can't return to form.

Honestly that isn't fair because Kenny was our starter last time he transferred and he didn't want to sit behind him or have to compete against him. He went to BC so he could start period. Cignetti promised to help him and he had Phil looking like a first round pick. No reason to believe he can't get him back to at least close to that form. Slovis would not get one sniff of the NFL after this year so you tell me who the better option is. If he wants to come home give him a chance and bring in another transfer to compete and possibly take over if he gets hurt or can't return to form.
Thanks a voice of reason not some jackass trashing a local kid

Chris Jelic … Good heavens what a fail that was on so many levels, starting with Parade…

Wasn't the story his Dad was somehow connected and he was on the roster but didn't take a scholarship? Jelic wasn't supposed to be a starter but I think it was 1984 and Congemi & Cummings both missed a few games and he was pressed into service. Still should have been enough talent to finish better than 3-7-1 that year. Foge deserved to be fired immediately after the season. Worse coaching performance ever (picket8 should go back and watch highlights of that season if he thinks things are so bad now with Narduzzi).

I guess beating the nits in the last game saved Foge but still the worse coaching hire in the annals of Pitt history (and that is saying something with Stallings, Hackett, etc..)

Yes he was very much like John Turman if my memory is serving me correctly. Decent game manager type QB who could hit on the occasional deep ball. I put Priestley a tick above both given the year he had when we won the Tangerine Bowl.

Yeah Turman is probably the perfect analogy. Not mobile at all, also threw many into the dirt but would hit on the occasional deep ball to Bryant. The lightbulb finally went on for Priestly the final 6 games in 2001 but prior to that he was looking pretty bad. Walt always wanted him to win the job but never could take it away from Turman in 2000.

Slovis has been linked to the Missouri qb job. Imho a huge mistake in that the SEC is a violent league. . He would have no chance way too soft for The likes of Tennessee

Slovis has been linked to the Missouri qb job. Imho a huge mistake in that the SEC is a violent league. . He would have no chance way too soft for The likes of Tennessee
Ironically, Mizzou's top receiver (1st team all SEC performer) has jumped into the transfer portal.

Leary is out there too. It's going to be interesting to see where some of these guys land.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT