ADVERTISEMENT

SMF idea regarding the OSU/Michigan game

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Play it the 2nd to last week, the Saturday before Thanksgiving like they did for about 100 years until the B10 decided to extend their season to Thanksgiving week. Then have OSU play Rutgers and Michigan play Indiana in the final game so they can rest their starters before their rematch in Indianapolis. Playing back to back weeks is stupid.

I actually don't think it's going to be as much of a guarantee now that they're adding four more teams with pulses. Oregon, for instance, would beat Ohio State this season.

I actually don't think it's going to be as much of a guarantee now that they're adding four more teams with pulses. Oregon, for instance, would beat Ohio State this season.

They will play in the Championship at least 5 out of 10 years. Washington cant last. USC has sucked for a long time

Play it the 2nd to last week, the Saturday before Thanksgiving like they did for about 100 years until the B10 decided to extend their season to Thanksgiving week. Then have OSU play Rutgers and Michigan play Indiana in the final game so they can rest their starters before their rematch in Indianapolis. Playing back to back weeks is stupid.
I’m not certain OSU beats Rutgers without their starters but otherwise I could see your point.

I’m not certain OSU beats Rutgers without their starters but otherwise I could see your point.

When they moved the game to after Thanksgiving, it was met with some pushback because the students are home for the holidays. In fact, I went to one of the 1st after Thanksgiving games and OSU had a marketing video about the "new" Thanksgiving week tradition.

Seems like it would make sense for them to play in the 2nd to last week when those teams also couldn't hold back as much because there isnt as clear of a picture as to what's going in the rest of the country. If there was a 12 team playoff this year and no divisions, I'm not even sure why OSU/Mich would even risk playing scholarship players. Just play the walk-ons and get ready for the championship game.

I, have no problem with your post.
However I'm curious. Why would you
place your name in the title. I wonder
why you find it necessary to allude
to yourself. Wouldn't it be just as
effective effective if it just said,
Idea regarding the OSU/ Michign game?

Maybe a little self-aggrandizement perhaps?
I swear, a psychologist would have a
field day with you.

I, have no problem with your post.
However I'm curious. Why would you
place your name in the title. I wonder
why you find it necessary to allude
to yourself. Wouldn't it be just as
effective effective if it just said,
Idea regarding the OSU/ Michign game?

Maybe a little self-aggrandizement perhaps?
I swear, a psychologist would have a
field day with you.

For the brand

More certainty that the same teams will win over and over and over, like Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga, 10 straight championships, and this is a good thing? You look forward to this?

They should make it the first game of the season for each team. That way, if they are the two best teams in the BIG, they won't end up playing twice in a row.

Michigan sucked until recently as well. Definitely no certainties going forward with the 4 PAC schools added.

Washington will never play in the B10CG. You have my SMF guarantee. Oregon and USC may. Its OSU vs Mich/Oregon/USC/PSU. Still going to be Mich a lot.

With the expanded playoff, it might even be better to not have to play in the BIG title game. Say Wash goes 10-2. I'd be ok NOT having to play Michigan or OSU for an extra game that won't help, but could possibly hurt, playoff chances.

With the expanded playoff, it might even be better to not have to play in the BIG title game. Say Wash goes 10-2. I'd be ok NOT having to play Michigan or OSU for an extra game that won't help, but could possibly hurt, playoff chances.

I would agree. Lets say 12-0 OSU beats 12-0 Michigan and then has to play them in Indy the next week. If I was OSU, I would just forfeit or just say everyone has Covid and get ready for the playoffs. There's not even home field advantage to play for which is dumb. Games should be on home fields until the semis.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT