ADVERTISEMENT

SMU -7

Seems really high but the team can use that as motivation.
1 o'clock? Really hoping for at least 330 for this one.

I'll wait until the real line comes out after today's games, but if it is Pitt+7 I wouldn't just dismiss it. Vegas always knows something. Like we all thought Pitt -6 or so for Cuse was too high and look what happened. Obviously Vegas didn't think we'd curb stomp them (the line would have been even higher) but they correctly predicted it wouldn't be that close.

So, if it is Pitt +7 for SMU, they may know about a Pitt injury we don't or some matchup issues they don't like or whatever.

I'll wait until the real line comes out after today's games, but if it is Pitt+7 I wouldn't just dismiss it. Vegas always knows something. Like we all thought Pitt -6 or so for Cuse was too high and look what happened. Obviously Vegas didn't think we'd curb stomp them (the line would have been even higher) but they correctly predicted it wouldn't be that close.

So, if it is Pitt +7 for SMU, they may know about a Pitt injury we don't or some matchup issues they don't like or whatever.
The line actually started at Pitt -3.5 and went up to -6.

No one in Las Vegas has numbers up yet for next weeks games and won’t until tomorrow. None of the major offshore books do either, no one puts these out on Saturday especially when one of the teams is currently playing.

For what it’s worth I think SMU will open around -5.5 depending on what happens tonight.

Reactions: FireballZ
My C app on Comcast shows 1pm kickoff. That time is likely a default until official time announced.

I think we will find out tomorrow and possibly as early as midnight. Stay tuned.

I guess I'm failing to see why -7 would be so crazy. They opened at -12 at 6-1 Duke, which means that would have been something close to -18 if it were a home game. The computers obviously like them.

That said, they just lost their second leading receiver. Their leading receiver (a tight end) is already out for the season.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT