ADVERTISEMENT

SMU

Oct 25, 2021
1) What exactly are the TV options for this game? If they beat Duke tomorrow - and, while probable, I don't think that's a guarantee despite the pretty generous 11.5 spread - you'd be looking at 7-0 vs 7-1 with two teams ranked in the teens.

2) Will it be a packed house? My understanding is their stadium seats about 32k and they have a difficult time coming close to filling that up (Wake Forest, basically). But you would think they would show up for one between two ranked teams in their first season in the ACC.

3) What will the Pitt turnout be? Despite the fact that no one goes to home games, we turn up pretty respectably on the road. I think there could be 1,000 or so. Anybody going down?

Looks like they had just under 35k for FSU this year. Flights from Pit have been fairly expensive for a while, so guessing that Pitt will represent. Gotta think there's some alumns that live in TX that will show too.

We seriously considered, but decided not to go.

Looks like they had just under 35k for FSU this year. Flights from Pit have been fairly expensive for a while, so guessing that Pitt will represent. Gotta think there's some alumns that live in TX that will show too.

We seriously considered, but decided not to go.

It would be a cool trip. You get a big city to visit + a small college stadium to attend. Kind of a nice juxtaposition. But I don't really do the whole flying thing. Just not a fan of heights.

Reactions: TD_6082
I know this happens but a central time zone team kicking off at 11am local is why I would say no to noon. Obviously it happens but just my thoughts

Put your big boy pants on for this one.
Win this game and the season becomes very special.
I wish I could run out of the tunnel. No lie.

Are you saying you think they'll put in on to contend with PSU/OSU or they won't do that?

I would think the 7:00 ESPN slot would be the leader in the clubhouse, but I could be way off.

Disney schedule
noon or 1PM - TBD: Ole Miss @ Arky and Vandy @ Auburn
noon - ESPN2: Memphis @ UTSA
3:30 - ABC: Florida vs Georgia
3:30 - ESPN: TT @ Iowa State
4:00 - ESPN2: Navy @ Rice
8:00 - ESPN2: TCU @ Baylor
Night games: A&M @ SC and Ky @ Ten

Other Disney games of notr
Pitt/SMU
Miami/Duke
Lou/Clem
VT/Syr

Depends on tomorrow's results. The SMU/Duke winner probably gets ABC Saturday Night football if either A&M or SC loss OR Ky or Ten lose. If all the SEC teams win then Ten/Ky probably gets ABCSNF, the other to SECN and then the SMU/Duke winner probably gets ABC at noon with the loser getting ESPN primetime. I say that because the noon network TV slot is better than cable primetime. Though everyone will be watching PSU/OSU at noon on Fox so maybe ESPN puts the SMU/Duke loser at noon?

I know this happens but a central time zone team kicking off at 11am local is why I would say no to noon. Obviously it happens but just my thoughts

Mississippi, Memphis, and North Texas all kick at 11 AM on Saturday. Mississippi St at 11:45 AM. Usually there are more 11AM games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT