ADVERTISEMENT

So, could Gabel and Lyke intervene with Narduzzi to bench Jurkovec?

The Ole Six-Fiver

All American
Mar 3, 2022
Of course I know so many here bleating in rage at the very thought, but the university is going to lose a significant amount of money with no fans attending any of these remaining games. Season Tickets have already been sold of course, so the money is in hand, but most will not bother coming. And no single game tickets will be purchased.

That also means next to nothing spent on concessions, gear, etc. and most importantly, a severe dip in donations and ticket sales for next season.

He clearly isn’t going to do it voluntarily. He even has said it. I know the “unwritten rule” that D1 coaches are some kind of gods that have no bosses… but in this case, It’s business malfeasance for those two to not intervene.

Frankly if he would threaten to quit over it, let his ass walk. It is THAT retarded to stick with this guy.

This is actually a good idea. Gabel ruined the Pitt basketball season already. The least she could do is get Phil kicked out of school for something. Swearing in a presser maybe???

Already created a thread about this. Could you imagine how this kid must feel on campus and going to class? Do the right thing and take Phil out of his misery. He probably wants to be benched.

Reactions: 303vND
Already created a thread about this. Could you imagine how this kid must feel on campus and going to class? Do the right thing and take Phil out of his misery. He probably wants to be benched.

He is 24. Probably lives in those South Side apartments near the complex and takes a night class or 2. He is a pro athlete (sadly), not a real student. And I doubt anyone would recognize him in Oakland anyway.

Reactions: pittmaninwv
He is 24. Probably lives in those South Side apartments near the complex and takes a night class or 2. He is a pro athlete (sadly), not a real student. And I doubt anyone would recognize him in Oakland anyway.
Nothing you said contradict what I said, but I understand your sentiment. Bottom line is it benefits absolutely no one including Phil to keep starting him. They wouldn't hesitate to yank a struggling cb or a lb who isn't getting the job done. This seems weird and misguided.

Well. They wouldn’t call a press conference and say that they intervened.

But they sure as hell need to do it in private.

And it’s not even just the financial loss they need to do it for. It’s for the player’s own good at this point. And honestly, for Narduzzi’s own good as well. I think Narduzzi is mentally ill in this. He’s lost his mind.

Of course I know so many here bleating in rage at the very thought, but the university is going to lose a significant amount of money with no fans attending any of these remaining games. Season Tickets have already been sold of course, so the money is in hand, but most will not bother coming. And no single game tickets will be purchased.

That also means next to nothing spent on concessions, gear, etc. and most importantly, a severe dip in donations and ticket sales for next season.

He clearly isn’t going to do it voluntarily. He even has said it. I know the “unwritten rule” that D1 coaches are some kind of gods that have no bosses… but in this case, It’s business malfeasance for those two to not intervene.

Frankly if he would threaten to quit over it, let his ass walk. It is THAT retarded to stick with this guy.
Good points - money rules the day. And it’s going to be almost impossible for Heather to raise money based on supporting this garbage. This is still an entertainment business and this ”product” is not sustainable.

No.

It’s mind numbing that he wouldn’t make a change don’t get me wrong. But let the coaches coach and if he needs to go then fire him. I don’t think meddling is ever a good idea.
Agree you let the coach make his decisions and then if they are wrong he is fired. PN should play one of the backup QBs. And if they aren't good he should fire cignetti after the season. But, while I think they should suggest cignetti goes at the end of the season they need to let pn make the decision. If PN has bad seasons because of it then they should fire him. I think after this season, looking like a losing record for sure, another bad season should see PN fired.

Agree you let the coach make his decisions and then if they are wrong he is fired. PN should play one of the backup QBs. And if they aren't good he should fire cignetti after the season. But, while I think they should suggest cignetti goes at the end of the season they need to let pn make the decision. If PN has bad seasons because of it then they should fire him. I think after this season, looking like a losing record for sure, another bad season should see PN fired.
Correct, Coaches coach, ADs don't.

Really, how so?

An AD should not dictate personnel changes. If she doesn't like what she sees, she can always fire Narduzzi.
I agree with the AD not telling a coach what to do. But sometimes the AD needs to set up a meeting with the HC and simply say I don't Lyke (sic) the way we're trending. End of meeting. Sometimes a little subtle nudge on behalf of the paying customers does wonders.

Listen, i know the reality, it would never happen; it SHOULD, and not only at Pitt but all loser programs, but it wouldn’t. Just the warped nature of pro sports, coaches really don’t have bosses. I know this isn’t any different here. It was just making convo, really.

The logic for their doing it is real though. Pitt does stand to lose tremendous money by not doing anything. I suppose schools do budget for the worst case. Pitt certainly should at least, since we flirt with it so many times.

And, it will actually be a cruel thing to inflict more of this onto Jurkovec himself. He is going to get his rectum Sanduskified in coming days and weeks.

Honestly, his own family should intervene with Narduzzi and request a change.

• Haha
Reactions: jtownknowitall
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT