ADVERTISEMENT

So, explain why they hired Tom Bradley

Can't blame coaching for everything. You need to have players intelligent enough to be able to spell their own name too

Is it ok to blame him for knowing all about Sandusky and doing nothing about it?

He really needs to depart from the living.

Oh that is a completely separate issue. I am not defending the man, just on that scoring play you can't blame the coach for a moron leaving his man to go double team another receiver.

Oh that is a completely separate issue. I am not defending the man, just on that scoring play you can't blame the coach for a moron leaving his man to go double team another receiver.
Well, I'll agree that the Steelers D is no less worthless with him on the staff...

Who devised the coverage where half the entire football field doesn’t have one of your jerseys in it.

Not one

Reactions: mike412
Great calls by Bradley on those last 4 plays!Man deserves a raise for stopping Brady on that last drive.Seriously guys the man that comes up with the schemes isn't Bradley.Don't blame Bradley when a linebacker gets locked onto a slot and gets burned.And don't praise him when the secondary gets stops.Bradley only teaches what Butler wants the secondary to do.Butlers the guy that should be on the hotseat!

Reactions: jrozycki
Great calls by Bradley on those last 4 plays!Man deserves a raise for stopping Brady on that last drive.Seriously guys the man that comes up with the schemes isn't Bradley.Don't blame Bradley when a linebacker gets locked onto a slot and gets burned.And don't praise him when the secondary gets stops.Bradley only teaches what Butler wants the secondary to do.Butlers the guy that should be on the hotseat!

Butler should be on the hot seat, absolutely, but I think it's pretty clear that the objection people have to Tom Bradley is strictly a moral issue. He's a bad person and it disgusts me that he's affiliated with the Steelers, regardless of his aptitude as a coach. Butler should also depart the organization, but he's not scum, just a coach in over his head.

Butler should be on the hot seat, absolutely, but I think it's pretty clear that the objection people have to Tom Bradley is strictly a moral issue. He's a bad person and it disgusts me that he's affiliated with the Steelers, regardless of his aptitude as a coach. Butler should also depart the organization, but he's not scum, just a coach in over his head.

Totally disagree. Since his success as coordinator at PSU (which seems like forever ago) his career has been an abject failure. Mediocre at best as a position coach at WVU, then a total flop at UCLA as the architect of the worst defense in school history.

If it wasn’t for his ties to the Steeler organization he most likely would be out of football right now.

Totally disagree. Since his success as coordinator at PSU (which seems like forever ago) his career has been an abject failure. Mediocre at best as a position coach at WVU, then a total flop at UCLA as the architect of the worst defense in school history.

If it wasn’t for his ties to the Steeler organization he most likely would be out of football right now.

We don't disagree, actually. I never said that Bradley was a good coach, although I understand why you interpreted it that way. What I'm saying is that his moral depravity completely overrides any impact he could possibly make as a coach.

In other words, yes, it's obviously far more important to get rid of Keith Butler, a man who has an important position that he is not qualified for. However, I'm much less upset about a bad DC than I am about a DB coach who enabled paedophiles. Bradley isn't impacting the team much, one way or the other, but his presence alone is sickening.

We don't disagree, actually. I never said that Bradley was a good coach, although I understand why you interpreted it that way. What I'm saying is that his moral depravity completely overrides any impact he could possibly make as a coach.

In other words, yes, it's obviously far more important to get rid of Keith Butler, a man who has an important position that he is not qualified for. However, I'm much less upset about a bad DC than I am about a DB coach who enabled paedophiles. Bradley isn't impacting the team much, one way or the other, but his presence alone is sickening.

Understood. The DB’s had their day today to be sure, but I wonder what happens if they get lit up by Brees and end up missing the playoffs? You’d think someone on the defensive coaching staff would be in trouble, but probably not Bradley.

Bradley's focus was to work on tackling. At one point during the season I saw a stat that the Steelers led the league in YAC against. I was pleasantly surprised. Not sure where they rank now.

Understood. The DB’s had their day today to be sure, but I wonder what happens if they get lit up by Brees and end up missing the playoffs? You’d think someone on the defensive coaching staff would be in trouble, but probably not Bradley.

I genuinely can't remember the last DB who I felt was really coached up when he joined the Steelers. Mike Hilton was remarkably polished, he just got overlooked because of his size. Most of the upside plays we've gambled on are nearly as raw as they were in college. It's a problem for sure.

Who devised the coverage where half the entire football field doesn’t have one of your jerseys in it.

Not one
It was obvious, I thought, that that wasn't a called coverage but a completely blown coverage. The defense gave up a total of 3 points outside of that blown coverage. Let's give credit where it is due.

Now the trick is to play that well the rest of the way.

o8 you do know the reason that Holgy brought Bradley to Wvu don't you?He wanted Bradley there so Gibson could pick his brain about the finer points of being a defensive coordinator.There were no defensive coaching jobs open except except dline.So I guess you are correct in saying he wasn't a good position coach at Wvu.Thats like me coaching pitching at the college level when I was an infielder (and not a good one either)!He did a good job helping Gibby with the D and hurt us when he went to Ucla.After his results at Ucla he should of stayed at Wvu.

Bradley has nothing to do with the schemes, so he doesn’t really need any credit for the win yesterday right? Well then he still has a huge glaring negative hanging over his head. Your job is to develop the players you coach and Artie Burns has completely fallen off the face of the earth under his watch.

Reactions: 303vND
It was obvious, I thought, that that wasn't a called coverage but a completely blown coverage. The defense gave up a total of 3 points outside of that blown coverage. Let's give credit where it is due.

Now the trick is to play that well the rest of the way.

Just saying given a different camera angle can’t recall seeing an offensive player being the only player on screen for 50 yds

Steelers had a great game plan. Coaching staff gets a game ball.

At the same time Brady can’t move for shit anymore and threw some terrible balls.
I guess anything is possible when it comes to NE but they didn’t look close to a SB team yesterday.

They took away Gronk. Basically said if your other guys can beat us, go for it. Now New England had a few key penalties that killed plays, and that broken play was I am assuming on Artie Burns because he started and then never saw the field again.

Just saying given a different camera angle can’t recall seeing an offensive player being the only player on screen for 50 yds

Steelers had a great game plan. Coaching staff gets a game ball.

At the same time Brady can’t move for shit anymore and threw some terrible balls.
I guess anything is possible when it comes to NE but they didn’t look close to a SB team yesterday.
I remarked as the play unfolded that I had never in all my days seen a receiver that wide open. It was an obvious bust.

I remarked as the play unfolded that I had never in all my days seen a receiver that wide open. It was an obvious bust.

I hadn't gotten home yet to turn on the TV, so at that point I was listening to the game in the car. Billy the Hill was absolutely speechless (apparently stunned silence) . . . finally he sputtered out that that was a 63-yard TD.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
They took away Gronk. Basically said if your other guys can beat us, go for it. Now New England had a few key penalties that killed plays, and that broken play was I am assuming on Artie Burns because he started and then never saw the field again.

Pretty much everyone has taken away Gronk this season without even trying. He is a shell of the player he was.

Bradley has nothing to do with the schemes, so he doesn’t really need any credit for the win yesterday right? Well then he still has a huge glaring negative hanging over his head. Your job is to develop the players you coach and Artie Burns has completely fallen off the face of the earth under his watch.
So Bradley is the reason Burns stinks,very interesting!

This is the correct answer. He should no longer exist on earth anymore.

Anyone thinking this is standard Pitt anti-PSU garbage, read the freaking transcripts of the Sandusky trial. This guy not only knew, he freaking witnessed the assaults in the showers multiple times, and probably was engaged in them (because how could you NOT stop or report it otherwise???).

So Bradley is the reason Burns stinks,very interesting!
Not THE reason, I think Burns problem is mental as he obviously has talent. But everyone ripped Carnell Lake to pieces for not developing the DBs, even though Burns was good until the playoff game last year.

If Lake was supposedly the problem, the secondary should be improved with a new coach if that’s the case. So wondering how nobody has thought that maybe Bradley isn’t fit for the NFL when Burns almost out of nowhere is literally the worst player in the entire league.

Just like in baseball when a player hit .290 in 2017 and is hitting .225 in 2018 blame the hitting coach.I'm not saying Bradley is a good secondary coach but it's not his fault with the many mismatches that the Steelers seem to have in games.Burns is just bad in 2018 and I don't think it's Bradley's fault.bwdik

The only Bradley that should be on an NFL sideline is the doctor! And he may be shaky in that he can’t read an x-ray.

Bradley is scum. Him being on the Stillers staff is just another reason to not root for the Stillers. Besides, he's nothing more than a washed up, mediocre coach. How does he have a job and why is he not in an orange jumpsuit?

Reactions: 303vND
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT