ADVERTISEMENT

So is every team other

Weavedog469

Scholarship
Dec 12, 2016
than Georgia, Alabama, and OSU now going to be a minor league team for the blue bloods, I mean we develop Addison and he leaves for USC. If Maye leaves and goes to Alabama. I mean every time we develop someone we now have to be worried about him leaving. I bet it hits the nitters to. If they get back to normal next year i bet they lose Singelton and Allen. This sucks

than Georgia, Alabama, and OSU now going to be a minor league team for the blue bloods, I mean we develop Addison and he leaves for USC. If Maye leaves and goes to Alabama. I mean every time we develop someone we now have to be worried about him leaving. I bet it hits the nitters to. If they get back to normal next year i bet they lose Singelton and Allen. This sucks
The transfer portal is going to giveth and taketh all across the country. Addison didn't leave Pitt because USC came calling. JA left because everyone around him that brought him to Pitt was all leaving at once. It was a very unique situation.

Just one thing to think about.. is that with some of these big name schools going after proven starters, young players are going to see the writing on the wall at these big schools and hit the portal. Narduzzi and his staff has always done well with transfer and more importantly has been great with player development.

One person who I read religiously is Bud Elliot from CBS. He said you will never really see anything like this again in CFB. Many of the people hitting the portal are recruits from the Covid Classes who maybe didn't have a senior season and more importantly weren't allowed to take visits to the schools that they ended up at.

Give this a year or two and NIL and the portal will normalize and I think you will see less and less of the portal creating madness.

The transfer portal is going to giveth and taketh all across the country. Addison didn't leave Pitt because USC came calling. JA left because everyone around him that brought him to Pitt was all leaving at once. It was a very unique situation.

Just one thing to think about.. is that with some of these big name schools going after proven starters, young players are going to see the writing on the wall at these big schools and hit the portal. Narduzzi and his staff has always done well with transfer and more importantly has been great with player development.

One person who I read religiously is Bud Elliot from CBS. He said you will never really see anything like this again in CFB. Many of the people hitting the portal are recruits from the Covid Classes who maybe didn't have a senior season and more importantly weren't allowed to take visits to the schools that they ended up at.

Give this a year or two and NIL and the portal will normalize and I think you will see less and less of the portal creating madness.
I'm open minded to the idea that things might stabilize in the future, but right now, I just don't see it. We are talking money, 18-22 year olds, and overzealous fans & alums. Coaching salaries have failed to "normalize" and I'm not sure this will any time soon either. Hope so, but I wouldn't count on it.

NIL + free transfers is an idiotic idea. Bring back sitting out a year. Players can get a free education and coaching while sitting out. No big deal.

BTW, I had no idea that is Elite 8 hero Luke Maye's brother. They are definitely a UNC family. If this guy goes to Bama then there's no hope for any of us

I’m not sure how it could subside… it’s not (only) the schools engaging, it’s private NIL fat cats driving the funding of this and predictably kids (being human beings) are gorging on the largess. Who do we think exactly will be the ones who will push themselves away from the table of this feast?

Here is a good read. Mack Brown said people are already reaching out to his players and offerring cash for them to transfer. Players are straight up telling him.

Like with Addison, until they hit the portal, that is 100% against the rules. But what are they going to do?

Here is a good read. Mack Brown said people are already reaching out to his players and offerring cash for them to transfer. Players are straight up telling him.

Like with Addison, until they hit the portal, that is 100% against the rules. But what are they going to do?

Can we PLEASE take pay for play booster NIL away? How can they continue to allow this? Well, I know I guess. They don't want to lose a pay for play lawsuit and then have to pay players directly so they'll continue to allow boosters to pay them. What a cesspool

Reactions: Gep Dawg
Can we PLEASE take pay for play booster NIL away? How can they continue to allow this? Well, I know I guess. They don't want to lose a pay for play lawsuit and then have to pay players directly so they'll continue to allow boosters to pay them. What a cesspool
Yep totally out of control

Reactions: PittMan2003

It’s not even like the NFL. The NFL players have contracts. They can’t move every year. This is ridiculous.

Look at usc they bought themselves a possible national championship others are going to follow that model

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT