ADVERTISEMENT

Softball RPI

Bethlehemjohn

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2001
is up to 48.

Now 4-6 against top 50 and 19-13 against the top 100.

If we can win 2 to get to the Championship of the ACC tourney, we should make the NCAA tourney.

We play the Duke (97) vs v tech (124) winner. Sounds like we want duke to get the opportunity for another top 100 win.

Reactions: ThePanthers
I don’t want Duke. Their ace was 1-1 against us and overpowered us in the game she won. You don’t want to get her on a day she is at her best. VT didn’t have much pitching.

2 of 3, I think we beat either one. But in one game, I’d rather play VT.

Sounds like we want duke to get the opportunity for another top 100 win.

If Duke beats Virginia Tech and then loses to us there is a really good chance they won't be a top 100 win anymore.

Which may very well not make a difference, because if softball is like the other sports they don't just look at top 50 or top 100 wins anymore (which is good, because that was dumb), they look at wins based on game locations. For instance in basketball home games against the top 30 are grouped with neutral site games against the top 50 and road games against the top 75. Home games against 31-75 are grouped with neutral games against 51-100 and road games against 76-135. And so on.

I don't know if they have moved baseball and softball to that model yet, but if they haven't you can bet that they soon will.

Reactions: Ronnyp91
VT with a three run homer in the 6th, they lead 4-0 in the bottom of the 6th.

Pitt's leadoff hitter in the 6th just got their first hit of the game. Pitt players have swung at a ton of pitches that the catcher is catching off the ground. If they'd just stop swinging at pitches that are no where close to the zone they might have a chance.

1 more win and we should be in NCAA tourney!

There's a few places that do softball bracketology. At the beginning of the week of the three I saw we were in but not one of the last four in on one of them, we were in the first four out in another, and in the next four out in a third. So I think one more win should do it.

We might be getting a break tonight as the North Carolina - Georgia Tech game has not yet started due to rain. The last I saw they were hoping to start the game at 10:00.

Reactions: Bethlehemjohn
ADVERTISEMENT