ADVERTISEMENT

Softball vs UNC today @ 3:30 pm - H2P!

Florida State coach in the postgame interview today talked about facing UNC in the final as though it was a foregone conclusion. Went on about their pitcher Pickett and all the lefties in their lineup. Not a peep about the team that broke their conference win streak.

Florida State coach in the postgame interview today talked about facing UNC in the final as though it was a foregone conclusion. Went on about their pitcher Pickett and all the lefties in their lineup. Not a peep about the team that broke their conference win streak.

The odd thing about that is that with today's win there is a really, really good chance we are in the NCAA tournament no matter what happens tomorrow. Had UNC won today they still had no chance to make the NCAAs without also beating Florida State tomorrow, and then they would have only gotten in as a "bid stealing" conference champion because there resume still wouldn't have been good enough to get an at large if that would have been necessary.

Reactions: Bethlehemjohn
3-0 win. Dawson throws 2 hitter and Myers has 2 rbi's and Hershmann has 1. Finals against FSU tomorrow at noon. I think this win should put them in the NCAA's regardless.

I wonder what our RPI will be? I can’t see the 2nd place ACC team not getting into the NCAA tournament.

Reactions: Bethlehemjohn
I wonder what our RPI will be? I can’t see the 2nd place ACC team not getting into the NCAA tournament.

I can't imagine that it has gone up all that much. Yeah, two more wins, but Virginia Tech is 23-30 and North Carolina is 30-26, so that doesn't really help our SOS any. If I were to venture a guess I'd say we are probably in the low 40s right now.

On the other hand, tomorrow is an RPI "gravy" game. Given FSU's record and what playing them does to our SOS a loss won't hurt us at all. A win should give us a decent kick up. Of course depending on what all the teams around us in the RPI are doing this weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT