ADVERTISEMENT

Some Kancey Numbers Going into Syracuse

CJsE

Junior
Mar 5, 2016
Pretty good article about him on PFF talking about Pitt's string of interior linemen, "undersized, yet uber-productive".

Utilizing Kancey’s unique athletic ability on the interior isn’t something Partridge and the defensive staff at Pittsburgh have simply adapted to, either. They sought it out.

“[Coach Partridge] came up to me and said, ‘Hey, man, I don’t like you, I LOVE you,'” Kancey said. “I was like, ‘Dang, I’ve never had a coach tell me that.’ I was always hearing, ‘Oh, he’s not big enough, he’s not strong enough.’

STATNUMBERACC RANK (vs. DTs)
Pass-Rush Grade92.31st
Pass-Rush Win %20.9%1st
Total Pressures322nd
Pass-Rush %15.9%1st
Sacks42nd
Hurries222nd

Reactions: TheChair and 4upmc
They've been moving him around a good bit. He's been lining up at DE in passing downs.

Kancey is a freak. No one is comparing him to AD as he is not that kind of freak. But he will find his way to the NFL one way or another. I hope we get another year out of him.

As I talked about with Alexandre, Kancey is another one who is easy to root for. It’s cool to see players like him and Alexandre genuinely happy for their teammates when they make big plays. He’s not a front runner as he goes all out and has a good attitude no matter what the situation is.

Reactions: TheChair
Is playing two more years of college ball for big NIL money the prudent thing for him to do? If he fell to the 4th, he might get a contract of around $4M with $500K or so guaranteed. Not sure he has a clear position at the next level. Maybe in a sub package... ?

Pretty good article about him on PFF talking about Pitt's string of interior linemen, "undersized, yet uber-productive".

STATNUMBERACC RANK (vs. DTs)
Pass-Rush Grade92.31st
Pass-Rush Win %20.9%1st
Total Pressures322nd
Pass-Rush %15.9%1st
Sacks42nd
Hurries222nd
Guys who pretty much demand a double team are huge assets. When CK is healthy and at the top of his game, he has a big influence by forcing the D to commit to blocking him and freeing up others.

That was the best effort from the Pitt front all season yesterday. They were active, aggressive and crating all kinds of havoc to both the SU run and pass games.

Would be nice to see that kind of stuff from the Pitt D for the rest of the season. If they can get it, it could give them a reasonable chance from here on out from the looks of the schedule.

But the O HAS to cut out the turnovers, at the very least. Not expecting an explosion of scoring from Pitt, but they can’t keep giving away scoring opportunities or allowing the opponent to score on defense.

I'd have to check the tapes and it's not something I'd do, but they have him as interior lineman on 365 out of 391 snaps.
I don't know the numbers, just know I've noticed him at DE sometimes more recently. They've also used him as the guy standing up moving around the DL looking for a place to rush from.

ADVERTISEMENT