ADVERTISEMENT

Something I think I notice about the guards (especially)

BPKY

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2008
I'm no hoops expert, but does anyone else notice that these young guards look severely intense out there? The body language shows on every miss....they look like their dog just died.

Maybe it's a youth thing, or the coach, or just the way these particular kids are. Maybe they'll become more business-like in their future seasons. But I just love watching their emotion and enthusiasm right now.

I'm no hoops expert, but does anyone else notice that these young guards look severely intense out there? The body language shows on every miss....they look like their dog just died.

Maybe it's a youth thing, or the coach, or just the way these particular kids are. Maybe they'll become more business-like in their future seasons. But I just love watching their emotion and enthusiasm right now.

I think that’s capel’s m.o. both for recruiting and for coaching.

Give it all or sit.

Hence shamiel and brown getting plenty of bench time.

Reactions: Chescat and rrig5
You can have good players who are happy being good or good players who are not happy just being good players. The latter is what you are seeing.

Last edited:
Reactions: lilspainishflea
These young guards are very intense. I commented following the first game that they could have played on any of the 1980s Georgetown teams...they play with that kind of intensity. They are rim assassins.

It is very enjoyable. It has been a few years since we have seen this effort.

Reactions: lilspainishflea

I don't think it's "a youth thing," but obviously they do care. They're built that way,
but my IMO it's also the coach. He not only preaches it, but he demands it. I do
feel he's recruited three freshmen who have it in their DNA, and Capel has added
to it every day in practice. As a previous poster said "give it all or sit."
I've posted before, he's gotten Brown to at least show more energy and move.
When he didn't the first few games, he was benched. The only problem is he's
up and down. Good stats against Troy, zilch against N Alabama. The net result
against N. Alabama...he got a total of 10 minutes of actual playing time.
I like watching it too, it's gonna be interesting to see how and if we keep
the energy and intensity against ACC teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT