ADVERTISEMENT

Sopranos /Godfather/Goodfellas

No words . Just pick one.
Sopranos.
Funny thing for me ...

In each of these three cases, I had absolutely no desire to watch any of the three because of how much I absolutely despise anything about the mafia.

But I eventually ended up watching all of them and they are all mesmerizing.

I'd go with Goodfellas.

Reactions: freddietee511
Ok since you already broke the NO WORDS rule.
Sopranos on rerun Season 2 is sic.

Sopranos.

This is like picking between Farrah Fossett, Kate Jackson, or any of the other Angels!

220px-Michaelcoreleone.jpg

Godfather

One of the greatest films in American film history, and Brando gives one of the top three performances ever by an American actor.

Reactions: rockypanther
Godfather

One of the greatest films in American film history, and Brando gives one of the top three performances ever by an American actor.

I thought Brando was over-rated in this role. Didn't even memorize his lines, entirely off cue cards. He was good, but others at the time would have done the role better (Anthony Quinn for example).

Reactions: PittCity
I thought Brando was over-rated in this role. Didn't even memorize his lines, entirely off cue cards. He was good, but others at the time would have done the role better (Anthony Quinn for example).
I kind of agree with this. Of actual acting performances, I put Pacino up there way ahead of Brando.

He was better in this role.

QUOTE="Swervin27, post: 2347785, member: 26978"]I kind of agree with this. Of actual acting performances, I put Pacino up there way ahead of Brando.[/QUOTE]

I read the book twice before the movie came out. The book was already a smash so there was a lot of discussion as the actors were picked. When they said Brando as old Vito Corleone I was like “ WTF. No way”

I was wrong. Brandi absolutely nailed it.

I read the book twice before the movie came out. The book was already a smash so there was a lot of discussion as the actors were picked. When they said Brando as old Vito Corleone I was like “ WTF. No way”

I was wrong. Brandi absolutely nailed it.
I think DeNiro wanted the role of Michael but lost out and got the young Vito.. Loved Sonny's character and im a big Duvall fan too. im actually annoyed Sonny got killed so early but I guess that was the whole plot and kind of jump started Michael into the world.

Not to forget a really terrific actor taken before his time with John Cazale (Fredo). Great cast all around..

Not to hijack this thread but I read where Cazale was really sick during Deer Hunter, to the point of being a pain to even walk. He did some physical scenes, those guys drinking and jumping on each other during the reception scene and cabin scenes, at the bar, stuff like that and the cast really was in shock how he could do this while being almost to the point of being bed ridden. I really like that dude, its a shame we lost him at so young an age..

Godfather

But Goodfellas is probably the most realistic, based on a real story, real people. Probably the closest to what the mob was real life in the '50s to '80s.

Not to forget a really terrific actor taken before his time with John Cazale (Fredo). Great cast all around..

Not to hijack this thread but I read where Cazale was really sick during Deer Hunter, to the point of being a pain to even walk. He did some physical scenes, those guys drinking and jumping on each other during the reception scene and cabin scenes, at the bar, stuff like that and the cast really was in shock how he could do this while being almost to the point of being bed ridden. I really like that dude, its a shame we lost him at so young an age..
If you look at his credits, he only did like 3-4 movies and 2 where Oscar winners.

If you look at his credits, he only did like 3-4 movies and 2 where Oscar winners.
yeah, even that weird ass movie about the bank robbery that I didnt' like at all, he was pretty sweet in that. horrible movie btw.

But Goodfellas is probably the most realistic, based on a real story, real people. Probably the closest to what the mob was real life in the '50s to '80s.
goodfellas is a classic, really gets better every time I see it and Ive seen it well over 60 times, probably more.

You're Funny,a funny guy.

Funny How? Like a Clown, like I'm here to amuse you? Funny How? How am I ****ing funny?

Just funny, the way you tell the story! Get the **** outta here Tommy!

Sorry for the cursing admin, you can see it was in proper context and not aimed at anyone :)

You're Funny,a funny guy.

Funny How? Like a Clown, like I'm here to amuse you? Funny How? How am I ****ing funny?

Just funny, the way you tell the story! Get the **** outta here Tommy!
Seee... This is just weak now.. Played Out. Terrible.
This movie .............
Insisits apun itself.

ADVERTISEMENT