ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry Souf

To be fair those Wanny teams were better than this team and the Big East was tougher than the Coastal. Don't say it wasn't because it was

Classic Pitt fan putting down any accomplishment the program makes.

Those wanny teams were not better than this team simply because they choked anytime they had a chance to accomplish anything. Who did they beat that was any good? One fluke win Over Wvu

I loved the Wanny hire, but his game day skills were atrocious. Shame he isn’t still part of the program somehow. He was the consummate “Pitt Man”, just not a great head coach.
We just may have a few better recruits, too.

Lol....here we go again. Pitt wins the Coastal for the first time. Takes a giant step forward for the program. And we have to argue about Wanny. Again. I will begin believing the rapture or zombie apocalypse happened the day I log on to the PantherLair and don't see something about Wanny, State Penn, Uniforms or On Campus stadiums in the first 15 threads.

Reactions: levance2
Lol....here we go again. Pitt wins the Coastal for the first time. Takes a giant step forward for the program. And we have to argue about Wanny. Again. I will begin believing the rapture or zombie apocalypse happened the day I log on to the PantherLair and don't see something about Wanny, State Penn, Uniforms or On Campus stadiums in the first 15 threads.

The drunk op apparently is of the mistaken opinion that I care about the mediocre former coach

Everyone knows we should only dwell on the former ad from 2 ads ago

To be fair those Wanny teams were better than this team and the Big East was tougher than the Coastal. Don't say it wasn't because it was
Not really true... the teams that made the BE good are the same teams that make up the coastal! I do understand your point though.

Can we just like both coaches? WTF?!!!

Yes, 100 correct, those that try and divide are such Aholes, I bet they are a joy to live with! The Person who started this thread was wanting to divide the fans, try to ruin a great day, that even Wanny is celebrating, and I bet a 5ft4 130 lb clown without a spine!

Reactions: PerchMan
No matter how many times you say it it still won't be true. But keep at it. A few more times and you'll hit 100, and they we'll see if it magically changes.

Kinda like how he keeps insisting the American is better than the ACC this year despite the fact some of the better programs in the AAC are having lousy seasons.

Kinda like how he keeps insisting the American is better than the ACC this year despite the fact some of the better programs in the AAC are having lousy seasons.

In the just released coaches poll there is exactly one AAC team in the top 25, and exactly one AAC team among the 19 in the others receiving votes. More teams from the Sun Belt East Division received votes this week than AAC teams did.

Speaking of which, surely it must be a misprint that 2-9 Georgia State got ten points in the coaches poll this week. Maybe that was supposed to be a vote for 8-3 Georgia Southern?

In the just released coaches poll there is exactly one AAC team in the top 25, and exactly one AAC team among the 19 in the others receiving votes. More teams from the Sun Belt East Division received votes this week than AAC teams did.

Speaking of which, surely it must be a misprint that 2-9 Georgia State got ten points in the coaches poll this week. Maybe that was supposed to be a vote for 8-3 Georgia Southern?

Maybe Georgia Tech?

The whole thing with SMF and the American just didn’t make sense to me this year.

Navy is awful, Memphis is a shadow of what they’ve been, and South Florida sucks. Right there are 3 teams that have been good the last few years.

Cincinnati, Temple, and Houston are decent I guess. Not sure any of those teams would be above .500 in the ACC.

Not sure I buy that. None Wanny's teams would've won v. PSU, ND or UCF. May not have lost to UCF but probably would've lost to someone else. I did love that '09 Wanny squad.

Not sure I buy that. None Wanny's teams would've won v. PSU, ND or UCF. May not have lost to UCF but probably would've lost to someone else. I did love that '09 Wanny squad.

Go player for player and the 2009 team was way more talented, not even close. That is the shame of it all they were more talented than everyone they played but still lost.

Honestly there are only 3 players on today's team who would start back then. Jackson, Bookser (at guard), and maybe Ashton over Hyno.

ADVERTISEMENT