ADVERTISEMENT

Special Teams

kma0043

Junior
Nov 30, 2014
There’s so much to dislike with special teams this year:

1. Penalties galore on any punt return.
2. Why Hammond is returning kicks is beyond me.
3. Roughing the punter at various times.
4. Our punters are pathetic. My local 1A High School didn’t have a dropped snap or blocked kick this year and they had a lineman punt! Yet Pitt is a P5 school and has this for punters? Unacceptable.
5. Bright spot = Sauls looking good after week 2.

What’s the solution? Someone has to be accountable.

Reactions: Dan1911
There’s so much to dislike with special teams this year:

1. Penalties galore on any punt return.
2. Why Hammond is returning kicks is beyond me.
3. Roughing the punter at various times.
4. Our punters are pathetic. My local 1A High School didn’t have a dropped snap or blocked kick this year and they had a lineman punt! Yet Pitt is a P5 school and has this for punters? Unacceptable.
5. Bright spot = Sauls looking good after week 2.

What’s the solution? Someone has to be accountable.
Get a GOOD transfer punter. The BEST available in the Portal. There will be somebody available. Dump the others on scholarship. The Portal swings BOTH ways.

As far as the other stuff? You have 85 scholarship players. Figure it out. If guys eff up, find someone else. No excuse for the mistakes we’ve seen.

Reactions: Dan1911 and kma0043
I can’t remember between Sauls and Scarton which one was scholarship and which wasn’t? I think Sauls is scholarship; I think it’s his job now

I can’t remember between Sauls and Scarton which one was scholarship and which wasn’t? I think Sauls is scholarship; I think it’s his job now
Correct. Sauls has been very solid this year. Think I saw where Scarton walked with the guys expected to leave today. So Sauls will be the place kicker in 2023.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT