ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Rights Contracts

TFBaum

Junior
Jan 22, 2020
If Nebraska tries to play in the Big 12 does anyone know the impact on the Big 10 contracts and Big 12? I understand that Nebraska wants to play football this fall but the contracts would need to be modified and I know of no lawyers that can work that fast.

If Nebraska tries to play in the Big 12 does anyone know the impact on the Big 10 contracts and Big 12? I understand that Nebraska wants to play football this fall but the contracts would need to be modified and I know of no lawyers that can work that fast.

Do you think that the B1G is going to allow that without much of a fight? The best teams in the conference are going to sit home and let Nebraska get kicked around by Baylor and just be okay with it?

B12 should tell them to pound salt like they did by leaving .

Same as Pitt should tell penn state

Reactions: TFBaum
I hope it does happen for no other reason then to kill the conferences. I want the conferences to blow up. I want to go back to regional conferences. Everyone is seems to want the power 4 with 2 divisions per conference I say just go with 8 regional conferences.

Reactions: HailToPitt725

Nebraska would be out of a conference that just cut them a check for $40MM. And I wouldn't assume the Big12 would just welcome them back. They try any stupid strong arm tactics and they'll find themselves in the American Athletic Conference.

I hope it does happen for no other reason then to kill the conferences. I want the conferences to blow up. I want to go back to regional conferences. Everyone is seems to want the power 4 with 2 divisions per conference I say just go with 8 regional conferences.
My opinion of what will happen, as someone who has very little knowledge of these workings: I think it’s possible that we see some sort “super leagues” form with the best teams in football and basketball and then the rest form regional scheduling alliances. Essentially, a realignment of seismic proportions.

Can you imagine the Big 12, ACC, and SEC combine for their next TV contract and create a playoff? They would have the PAC 12 and Big10 on their knees at that point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT