ADVERTISEMENT

Spring game fantasy draft - Rules, draft procedure and more

Chris Peak

Lair Hall of Famer
Staff
Jun 19, 2004
Okay, it's almost time to hold the first ever Panther-Lair.com spring game fantasy draft. First of all, here's the list of people who have signed up so far. If your name is not on this list and you want to participate, reply to this message and I'll include you:

shmu32
JimNasty10
dougpaper
Iupswack
Saboteur
bmb5255
M24romano
Vedderman87
Corey_H2P
mike10003
shocka1786
lucac
9nationalchampionships
dbkohan
scoise
phemalephenom
pittbend
BurghGuy68
Purdue_Panther
KR519
steelman724
madijake
ncpittfan
Yardhogs
odkstokes
RoadToNumber10
gmandingo
VJPITT

Now, here's how the draft will work. Pitt will hold its spring game draft Wednesday afternoon; as soon as that is over - and I can get to the message board - our draft(s) will begin. I will pair everyone off into a head-to-head matchup, and each matchup will get its own draft thread. I'll post each of the draft threads Wednesday afternoon/evening.

Once those draft threads are posted, you can start drafting. I think it will be easier to explain how we'll draft with an example, so let's take the first two names on the list: shmu32 and JimNasty10. I'll flip a coin to decide who drafts first and will post that in each matchup's draft thread.

So, let's say shmu32 gets the first pick. He'll reply to my post with his first pick like so:

1 - James Conner

Once JimNasty10 sees that shmu32 has posted his pick, he'll reply with his pick like so:

1 - Tyler Boyd

We're not going to use a snake drafting format, so shmu32 will pick next, and he'll go back to his post where he selected Conner, click EDIT, add his second selection and click Save changes. So his post will then look like this:

1 - James Conner
2 - Chad Voytik

Once JimNasty10 sees that shmu32 has his second pick in, he'll edit his own post with his second pick. And so on and so forth until each player has made 15 selections.

I think this is the best way to do it so that 1) we don't have a bunch of 30-post threads cluttering the board - each thread will be 3 posts total - and 2) we don't all have to be on the message board at a set time. The draft threads will be open from Wednesday night until 11:59 pm Friday, so there should be plenty of time for everyone to finish drafting. Just check in as often as you normally do, and you should be fine.

Each matchup can draft from the entire Pitt roster, and here are the positions you need to fill with your draft:

1 quarterback
1 running back
2 receivers
1 tight end
2 defensive linemen
2 linebackers
2 defensive backs
3 flex players
1 team defense

The flex players can be any position (defense included) except quarterback. You can only have one quarterback on your roster.

The scoring system is as follows:

Passing: 1 point for every 25 yards, 6 points for every touchdown, -2 points for every interception

Rushing/receiving: 1 point for every 10 yards, 6 points for every touchdown, -2 points for every fumble lost

Individual defensive players: .5 points for every tackle, 1 point for every TFL, 2 points for every sack, 4 points for every interception, 4 points for every fumble recovery, 6 points for every defensive touchdown

Team defense: 0 points allowed - 10 points; 1-6 points allowed - 7 points; 7-13 points allowed - 4 points; 14-20 points allowed - 1 point; 21-27 points allowed - 0 points; 28-34 points allowed - minus-1 point; 35 or more points allowed - minus-2 points; Interception - 2 points; fumble recovery - 2 points; sack - 1 point; safety - 2 points; defensive touchdown - 6 points

Also, any kick return or punt return touchdown counts as 6 points for the individual player. No points for return yardage, though. And we're not drafting kickers.

We're working on some prizes for the winners of the matchups and the top overall scorer.

If you want to participate, reply to this thread. And if you have any questions, post them here. I think this will be fun.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News