ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Practice

BigBird80

Freshman
Nov 11, 2018
with the Spring game being 4/13, I would have to think that Spring practice is not that far away. Very wierd that it's that hard to find for fans.

With that said, what depth chart news are you most waiting to see when they go live? This imo is going to be a big spring preparing for a lot of starting position battles in the fall.

1.) backup QB
2.) starting RB
3.) starting TE
4.) do we have a FB
5.) starting 5 on the OL since only Morrissey returns
6.) starting LB's besides Brightwell
7.) Mathis vs Pinnock
8.) PARIS FORD

Tailback is the position of my interest. I foresee a 1A and 1B situation like last year, because none are likely Shady-like (aka the clear choice), and because with QB a weakness yet no competition allowed at that position, the run game will simply have to be dominant in the O again, so two backs will get a lot of work. But which?

I'd also like to see someone groomed to be an H back who has blocking ability but can also be a threat in pass patterns. I don't see Pickett capable of being an effective downfield passer, ever, but am hoping he can become much more effective with finding good options in the intermediate game, and an H back being a prime part. But again, who? Matthews comes to mind, but maybe too tall for the role? A converted tail back like Davis? Of course, Paris Ford may have the ideal physique, but don't see the staff with the creativity to go there.

And finally, all the linebackers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT