ADVERTISEMENT

Staff Shakeup

I don't hate Stallings like some of you guys, but he is open to legit criticism IMHO. I'll say this for him...he is no wimp...guy puts up a fight.
I'm no fan of his either but he'll battle to stay around and max out his 6 year deal. With the crew that we have running PITT athletics my money is on Stallings!

I'm no fan of his either but he'll battle to stay around and max out his 6 year deal. With the crew that we have running PITT athletics my money is on Stallings!

In fact, let's even hope he does better than max out his six years.

I sure as heck hope that at the end of four years that it's clear that Stallings has the program moving in the right direction so much so that we'd want to extend him two more years at that point. I hope it's not a case that we get to the end of his sixth year and we aren't really sure.

I sure as heck hope that at the end of four years that it's clear that Stallings has the program moving in the right direction so much so that we'd want to extend him two more years at that point. I hope it's not a case that we get to the end of his sixth year and we aren't really sure.
There should be no question , if he fulfills his contract and has turned the program around he stays if it's a touchy call he's gone for a younger guy .

That would mean that there were two straight NCAA appearances (years 3 and 4) the second one being at least a sweet 16. Right?

That would mean that there were two straight NCAA appearances (years 3 and 4) the second one being at least a sweet 16. Right?

I'll leave year 3 alone for now, because I don't think there's a very good chance at all that Stallings gets the Panthers to the tournament in year three.

But I'll go with being a legit NCAA team in year four -- something like 6 seed, with several top returnees going into year five (along with a top 20 type recruiting class going into year five), enough that we project as at least a top 20 team going into year five.

I'll leave year 3 alone for now, because I don't think there's a very good chance at all that Stallings gets the Panthers to the tournament in year three.

But I'll go with being a legit NCAA team in year four -- something like 6 seed, with several top returnees going into year five (along with a top 20 type recruiting class going into year five), enough that we project as at least a top 20 team going into year five.
Remember, Stallings is an older coach who has been around. If he can stabilize the program and get us back on the right path, at the end of the 6 year contract, they may have seen enough out of the young coach Ferry, to elevate him to the top spot. It should prove to be interesting to watch over the coming years, but maybe just maybe, there is a vision for this program.

Or maybe it is just me with some wishful thinkig. That said, if we can continue to get recruits with offer sheets like the last two, we have to credit the new guys on staff, and realize that we could be in better shape in terms of down the road than many here think possible.

Remember, Stallings is an older coach who has been around. If he can stabilize the program and get us back on the right path, at the end of the 6 year contract, they may have seen enough out of the young coach Ferry, to elevate him to the top spot. It should prove to be interesting to watch over the coming years, but maybe just maybe, there is a vision for this program.

Or maybe it is just me with some wishful thinkig. That said, if we can continue to get recruits with offer sheets like the last two, we have to credit the new guys on staff, and realize that we could be in better shape in terms of down the road than many here think possible.

Let's start with getting the program back to "stabilized" ... and figure out the rest later.

We are a heck of a long way from stable at the moment, and if Stallings can't put together a strong recruiting class the fall, we may not even have year four results from Stallings to even consider.

From your lips to God's ears. It would be a remarkable turnaround and here's hoping he can pull it off.

Stalling is a survivor just look at his 17 yr tenure at Vandy.
He'll replicate what he did at Vandy and he'll around for alot of years.
My bet is he's "cheap" + for PITT athletic mgmt, and KS will get the results necessary to keep him relevant.
My bet is KS will be at PITT longer than AD Lyke!

Weekly current event:
I'm laughing my Oss-off today after yesterday!!!

Stalling is a survivor just look at his 17 yr tenure at Vandy.
He'll replicate what he did at Vandy and he'll around for alot of years.
My bet is he's "cheap" + for PITT athletic mgmt, and KS will get the results necessary to keep him relevant.
My bet is KS will be at PITT longer than AD Lyke!

Weekly current event:
I'm laughing my Oss-off today after yesterday!!!

Ya I could actually see that.

& Lol

I saw a few mentions of a German post player now. What have you heard if you're able to share?
First mentioned by a poster (goater78) - I can not vouch for his credibility. His initial post has elicited no tangible information.

If we are looking at Samson George, I doubt a foreign player is likely

Last edited:
First mentioned by a poster (goater78) - I can not vouch for his credibility. His initial post has elicited no tangible information.

If we are looking at Samson George, I doubt a foreign player is likely

Two spots left I wouldn't be shocked if it's George and another big. From the little research I was able to do I have a complete guess at the player.
Starter for the German Under 19 team Philipp Harkenhoff. That's just me throwing a dart but he's 6'10 and German at what seems to be the right age.

Reactions: FireballZ
Two spots left I wouldn't be shocked if it's George and another big. From the little research I was able to do I have a complete guess at the player.
Starter for the German Under 19 team Philipp Harkenhoff. That's just me throwing a dart but he's 6'10 and German at what seems to be the right age.

Thanks for that info

I find you, Avon, cabe and Jeffburgh to be knowledgeable and credible voices on the pay side.

Reactions: B_Smith215
Thanks for that info

I find you, Avon, cabe and Jeffburgh to be knowledgeable and credible voices on the pay side.
BSmith, Avon and Cabe are hard core, they are posting videos 3 in the morning.

Reactions: gary2
BSmith, Avon and Cabe are hard core, they are posting videos 3 in the morning.

Ha I'm more early morning before I really get to work than late night. Those posts wouldn't be very coherent.
Tough to get credible Pitt info. I think Harry and PSN do a very good job with hoops. I just try to piece together what I can from twitter mostly.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
Thanks for that info

Sorry - Elsalvador should have been included in this group

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT