ADVERTISEMENT

Stallings not a good match

I know it's beating a dead horse now, but a lot of what this guy wrote is true. Stallings does less with more than any coach anywhere in the country and he always has. It's reality that he's a poor coach. It's also reality that he will be our coach at least through the end of this year and probably through next year as well. That won't help Pitt basketball one bit and can only harm it.

It pretty much affirms what my impression of the guy has been since the beginning. Root for the kids but this guy belongs no where near the University.

We are not within 15 points of any ACC team. Digest that. And these guys will not get appreciably better. We stink and the few season ticket holders left,yours truly included, are beginning to wonder why bother to go. The arena is dead. We are out of most games in the first 5 minutes and this crew led by Stallings is well below the line .

I think we have higher standards for a coach at Pitt now. And no, I'm not delusional. We did it before, we can do it again regardless of what the naysayers say.

I think even when we had lower standard, we had higher standards than this.

It is unacceptable to start a game 21-1 on your home floor and I don't care who you are playing. I know players have to execute, but when things are this bad, its on coaching. 5 freshmen on the floor or not. Hell, I could have been on the floor and chucked up 10 3's and the score would have at least been 21-3.

If Stallings is still here next year, and it seems he will be, I doubt there will be many season ticket renewals. You'll be able to get single game tickets even for the best games right up to game time and at substantial discounts to what they would cost as season tickets. That's where it will hurt...right in the wallet. That's when someone will start to hopefully take action to quit bailing out this sinking ship with a teaspoon.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
I know it's beating a dead horse now, but a lot of what this guy wrote is true. Stallings does less with more than any coach anywhere in the country and he always has. It's reality that he's a poor coach. It's also reality that he will be our coach at least through the end of this year and probably through next year as well. That won't help Pitt basketball one bit and can only harm it.
Rick Barnes “hold my beer!”

If Stallings is still here next year, and it seems he will be, I doubt there will be many season ticket renewals. You'll be able to get single game tickets even for the best games right up to game time and at substantial discounts to what they would cost as season tickets. That's where it will hurt...right in the wallet. That's when someone will start to hopefully take action to quit bailing out this sinking ship with a teaspoon.
The only season ticket renewals around me this year were two guys behind, one in the next row in front and two five rows down. Six long time holders to my left ae gone and a whole row (except one) directly in front are gone. I wonder what next year will bring!

I am not sure that the alumni and fan base can be any angrier with the situation as it currently stands. The terrible part is that apathy has rooted so quickly and strongly - that is what I fear will make the long road back to respectability even a harder process. If KS is removed (buyout, resigns), some of that apathy will lift. The next coach will have to fulfill high expectations of the core fan base that has remained. Troubling times.

I am not sure that the alumni and fan base can be any angrier with the situation as it currently stands. The terrible part is that apathy has rooted so quickly and strongly - that is what I fear will make the long road back to respectability even a harder process. If KS is removed (buyout, resigns), some of that apathy will lift. The next coach will have to fulfill high expectations of the core fan base that has remained. Troubling times.
But it really does depend on how Pitt handles it and what they have lined up before they cut Stallings loose. Those of us who have been following the program for a number of years have little faith that Lyke and the BOTS will make a splash hire. And, even if they pull off a Todd Graham let's say, will they provide the support to keep a flash hire?

Does make you wonder if Barnes already had his deal cut to dump Dixon and hire his buddy's problem, Stallings. That's a case of preplanning misfiring.

ADVERTISEMENT