ADVERTISEMENT

Stanford - Coronavirus fatality rate under 45 almost 0%

You anger shows how much you desire control. How dare I not agree with you. Have you ever driven over the speed limit?

I simply state facts with no emotion. I never used caps or spewed emotion as you. Never used profanity as you have.

And forcing someone to do something with the treat of consequence is the definition of losing freedom.

You are either a liar or unable to comprehend your own words.
I’m not angry
You want to be pathologically selfish
I’m more considerate of others as I don’t assume their contacts will be fine

a store or restaurant or public place who restricts your access if you aren’t masked aren’t restricting your liberty-
They are protecting others liberty .

my son and I will be at the zoo today with our masks on

I’m not angry
You want to be pathologically selfish
I’m more considerate of others as I don’t assume their contacts will be fine
You words show clear anger. Your caps, your profanity and your insults.

You continue is nearly every post to make accusations based on no evidence. I merely respond to what you present.

Try to be calm and measured in your responses. No reason to get worked up.

Oxygen would not be restricted by a mask. If you are using a N95 mask, it will be much more protective to the wearer. The problem has always been: there are not enough N95 masks for hospital workers let alone for regular people.

I do believe there is research that shows blood CO-2 levels go up with prolonged mask wearing.

What arguments have ever been solved on the Pitt football board? Who the greatest 6th year redshirt medical exemption senior WR in Pitt history is?

No reason to be offended by discussion. You can certainly start a thread on the upcoming 2021 football season.

Not offended. Just think it is too OT for a FB board. It's only relation to Pitt FB is on the related issue of whether or to what extent there will be games this fall.

I don't disagree that this is the case. However, what are the consequences to the wearer.

In the same way that it is obvious that it would block human droplets, wouldn't it restrict the oxygen that the wearing is able to breathe?

This is not something to be considered?

Would you tell your heart surgeon not to wear a mask for 20 hours while he performs open heart surgery on you?

I have friends in all kinds of fields - including auto detailing - who wear masks 8+ hours per day. Masks are not harmful to the wearer.

Reactions: Ski11585
People aren't being hauled off to Allegheny County jail for refusing to wear masks, no matter how irresponsible it is to not take such a basic step. Feels like heated rhetoric. There is a philosophical argument about public safety vs. individual freedom that comes down to whether or not your freedom harms someone else but people should just wear the masks. Even if we had no government, they should wear the masks as part of a basic social contract of not killing each other.

Exactly. We have all kinds of rules that infringe on freedom. The state makes you wear a seatbelt. The state won't let you dump chemicals in the creek behind your house. It's obvious why - these are minor things to ask that greatly benefit everyone. It's pathetic - and ignores the reality of the freedoms you give up all the time - to suggest that wearing a mask in the middile of an epidemic is some kind of slippery slope to Big Brother.

Do you guys remember seeing the masks worn by athletes primarily MMA guys a few years ago with the idea that it would replicate high altitude environment with the goal of increasing red blood cell production? Well, it was found out that the masks were not effective in doing that but they were effective in creating lactic acid buildup in the bloodstream and made training ineffective.

I'd love to see if this would be the case wearing a mask for normal use? I doubt it but if one has a job where they have to exert energy in a blue collar environment, I guarantee their performance will be affected.

Would you tell your heart surgeon not to wear a mask for 20 hours while he performs open heart surgery on you?

I have friends in all kinds of fields - including auto detailing - who wear masks 8+ hours per day. Masks are not harmful to the wearer.
Obstructing you’re mouth and nose has no consequences?

I suppose over time those who wear masks gain better lung function. Don’t some athletes train this way?

But surely that doesn’t account for people who struggle with breathing. The same people we are trying to protect from Covid.

If that were true a lot of surgeons would be dying in the OR.

Very OT for this thread--comment makes me wonder if surgeons sometimes screwed up surgerys by being distracted discussing unrelated topics. As we know, there are black box cockpit recordings from airplane rashes indicating the crashes were caused by pilots being distracted by extraneous conversations. Both types of rsulting incidences I am sure are very rare--most fortunately!

Obstructing you’re mouth and nose has no consequences?

I suppose over time those who wear masks gain better lung function. Don’t some athletes train this way?

But surely that doesn’t account for people who struggle with breathing. The same people we are trying to protect from Covid.
Some hospital pharmacies and surgical rooms have personnel masked all day long and not once have I seen a person pass out .

It’s a total snowflake myth

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT