ADVERTISEMENT

Starkey now chiming in on Narduzzi

North Dakota State proves time and time again many things..

1. They don't need big time recruits to dominate at the FCS level against teams that have a much greater recruiting advantage.

2. They can beat the big boys that completely outrecruit them. Case in point - FBS teams are 0-6 vs. NDSU since 2010.

3. Lining up in 21/22/23 personnel, under center gives you many advantages that modern day defenses struggle with.

4. They ran the ball 678x and threw it 257x last year alone..

At every clinic I was at this past year the buzz phrases were "2 back power is coming back." NDSU has known this for quite sometime.

PITT probably forces overtime vs. PSU if we could run the ball the last time we played up there.
We could not run the ball against them all day. If we had the ability to run the ball with any sort of consistency throughout the game, then it would have been a different outcome. Pickett really stepped up and showed a lot of moxie in this game. Our defense played very well, in particular Twyman. The 57 yard fg by P. State was a big momentum play in that game.

I'm probably teaching your kids, but probably not. Your kids probably aren't in the med school, since you seem to be quite stupid.

And yeah, I am Pitt med school faculty. The stories I could tell you.
You’re teaching our kids in med school? As what? A cadaver???????

Pitt was still 27 in TOP
Exactly. Same average TOP as Alabama, 2 minutes less/game than Wisconsin, the most run-heavy P5 team. And if you look at the list of P5 teams ahead of Pitt in average TOP, the handful of P5 teams weren't very good. But hey--they used a lot of clock.

Pitt had the same average TOP as Alabama, Michigan and Baylor.

The O ran the ball a lot with Shawn Watson here. And the offense sucked. I'd say the 7 passing yards against Clemson was one of the most embarrassing college football events of the 2018 season.

The fact that anyone--especially the head coach--is complaining that Pitt didn't run the ball enough in the best offensive season in school history is just mind boggling.

Reactions: cashisking884
I LOVE this! FINALLY we have a Pitt coach that does not 'know his place" when comparing itself to the vaunted Big Ten when the Pittsburgh media speaks! LOVE it. LONG overdue.

If Patti stays healthy, Pitt wins that game and everyone knows it. It took Sparty a pick six to beat Pitt's third string QB.
As far as the other issue, in the grown up world you get yourself gone by undercutting the boss. Grow up.
Hail to Pitt!

Late to this but no publicity is bad publicity. Get Narduzzi in front of all the cameras, high school coaches and recruits will see this and have a completely different perception from a non football mind which is A ok in my book.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
The fact that anyone--especially the head coach--is complaining that Pitt didn't run the ball enough in the best offensive season in school history is just mind boggling.
He was talking about Picket being beat up, taking a beating, and being banged up all year. He's complaining about opposing defenses knowing what they were going to do, and teeing off on his QB. Maybe some of you, and the media, should go back and listen to the interview again.

We saw what happened to Pickett in 2020. Thankfully, he made it through last season.

I LOVE this! FINALLY we have a Pitt coach that does not 'know his place" when comparing itself to the vaunted Big Ten when the Pittsburgh media speaks! LOVE it. LONG overdue.

If Patti stays healthy, Pitt wins that game and everyone knows it. It took Sparty a pick six to beat Pitt's third string QB.
As far as the other issue, in the grown up world you get yourself gone by undercutting the boss. Grow up.
Hail to Pitt!
THIS!!!! Every word! Well said!!!!

Reactions: Steve1118NSS
We could not run the ball against them all day. If we had the ability to run the ball with any sort of consistency throughout the game, then it would have been a different outcome. Pickett really stepped up and showed a lot of moxie in this game. Our defense played very well, in particular Twyman. The 57 yard fg by P. State was a big momentum play in that game.
As was our 19 yard miss.

If we’re going to credit Whipple for much of the excellence of last year…which he truly deserves…he did a lot wrong as well, and that botched possession at PSU is simply the kind of sh1t you just can’t allow to happen. You just can’t. Those are the milestone games and in this particular case, the very last one ever.

If we’re going to credit Whipple for much of the excellence of last year…which he truly deserves…he did a lot wrong as well, and that botched possession at PSU is simply the kind of sh1t you just can’t allow to happen. You just can’t. Those are the milestone games and in this particular case, the very last one ever.

to be fair it was only his second game as OC, although look at what Canada did to the nits in his second game as OC.

Yes, situational football is important.

Points in modern day college football are driven by passing. It’s a passing world.

It’s not a balance world.

It’s not a “play big boy football” world.

It’s a passing world.
It will always be a balance world. And you can't win big if you can't "play big boy football"

Last year on the big stage, Bama didn't even bother with the passing game against Cincinnati. They were able to simply line up and run it down the Bearcats throat, and UC had no answers. UC also couldn't run the ball effectively, nor could they protect their QB.

Clemson couldn't throw the ball for sh*t last year, yet still finished with a 10 win season.

I can show you a ton of shitty teams that can throw the ball all over the field and put up big passing stats. I can't really think of too many bad teams that dominate in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

It will always be a balance world. And you can't win big if you can't "play big boy football"

Last year on the big stage, Bama didn't even bother with the passing game against Cincinnati. They were able to simply line up and run it down the Bearcats throat, and UC had no answers. UC also couldn't run the ball effectively, nor could they protect their QB.

Clemson couldn't throw the ball for sh*t last year, yet still finished with a 10 win season.

I can show you a ton of shitty teams that can throw the ball all over the field and put up big passing stats. I can't really think of too many bad teams that dominate in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

I agree. Unless you can recruit absolute beasts in the trenches that allow you to dominate, you probably aren’t going to “win big.” You also aren’t going to win big pretending like you have an offense that has those beasts, and running an offense that requires them.

Bama wasn’t on the big stage against Cinn. It went through the motions because that’s all it had to do with the talent advantage it had.
It didn’t try to just line up and run it against UGA or UF.
And Cinn wouldn’t have been better served lining up under center and trying to run on Bama.

And yes, a lot of bad teams throw the ball a ton. They do that because they are bad, and so throwing the ball is their best way to try to mitigate that. Because offensive success in today’s game is due to passing.

Canada said it best.. You can score a ton of points, put up tons of yards, look flashy doing it, etc. But, at the end of the day if the defense can't get a blow, those offensive records don't often put you at the top of the standings. He gave multiple examples of his coaching past where they did that. You have to have the ability to run the ball effectively when everyone in the stadium knows you're going to do it.
See: Peach Bowl for examples

3 playoff wins, most of the 3 somewhat tainted or fluky, in 11 years. Yeah!
Half Baked Boo GIF

Read the tweets again. They were there for the STEELERS, so they can wear whatever they want.

Don’t want WVU gear around your recruits? Stop renting your facilities and get your own 🤷🏻‍♂️
It’s bad form regardless
Wear steeler gear or not another team’s gear
you’re there to be a reporter - not a fanboy .
How hard is it to not look like a slob !!?

Read the tweets again. They were there for the STEELERS, so they can wear whatever they want.

Don’t want WVU gear around your recruits? Stop renting your facilities and get your own 🤷🏻‍♂️
And how about you stop using burners to post and instead use your own account?

By the sounds of it, more WVU fans are Steeler fans than Pitt fans. I’m guessing most Pitt fans are Dolphins, Browns and Cowboys fans.

Not even a little surprising. Pitt’s administration definitely cheers for the Bengals and Browns.

VERY similar in leadership capability.

• Haha
Reactions: HailToPitt725
By the sounds of it, more WVU fans are Steeler fans than Pitt fans. I’m guessing most Pitt fans are Dolphins, Browns and Cowboys fans.

Not even a little surprising. Pitt’s administration definitely cheers for the Bengals and Browns.

That’s a stupid ass take
No surprise

Can you explain your rationale behind this? Pitt fans are most likely to be Steeler fans, followed by Eagle fans since Pitt gets a lot of Eastern PA/Philly students.

This makes no sense at all. Especially when one team is defending a conference championship and another program hasn't even finished 2nd in their conference since they have entered it.

Oh yeah, you can just see by all of the Browns and Cowboy threads on this board. Lots of evidence for that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT