ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers vs Bills

Wait til he has his two head scratching losses to teams that should be in the same area code. Happens every year. The Raiders are a good bet to beat them.
That’s every coach in the NFL every single year. I have no clue why folks treat it like a thing that only happens to Tomlin.

Reactions: TFBaum
Pitt fans continually post nonsense DURING the games that ends up looking pretty stupid when the game is over.

Two days in a row, the clowns buried the home team after a bad first quarter/half.

They never, ever, ever, learn. Don't post stuff that makes you look stupid when there's more than half a game to go.

Roethlisberger still has a weak arm and is not very mobile anymore. He does have an attitude that he hates to lose and that is what you saw in the second half. Vs what you saw from his counterpart.

Honestly I am less confident on the Steelers now than before the game started, as I see that Big Ben hasn’t improved from last season. I guess at his age it is ridiculous to think he would, Brady has really skewed expectations for “old” quarterbacks

WOOT! The Steelers death has been greatly exaggerated. What a proud organization!
Didn’t open the Lair til after the game was over and, yeah, opening this thread was entertaining.

A popular saying on this forum…….that post, er many posts, didn’t age well.

But having said that, definitely thought that much of the game regarding the offense looked the same as last year with the dinks and dunks all within +\-5 yards of the LOS. And zero running game.

I thought the defense looked better than last year, getting a lot of pressure on Allen, particularly in the 1st half when it generated a number of offensive holding calls, and the DBs were for the most part around the ball.

Pitt fans continually post nonsense DURING the games that ends up looking pretty stupid when the game is over.

Two days in a row, the clowns buried the home team after a bad first quarter/half.

They never, ever, ever, learn. Don't post stuff that makes you look stupid when there's more than half a game to go.
I don’t think there was all that much overt negativity. This team is going to struggle on offense most of the year, there is very little doubt about that. However if they can get this kind of defensive effort week in and week out they can hang around with anyone, they were that good today.

If they can get even average QB play they have a shot at being a playoff team again.

One of the stupidest things ever said on these boards
I get it all the Steelers are great, best best best.....Get your blinders off, lots of 3rd round picks would have been as productive s he was today, little vision in the first half, nothing is wrong with the pick but today certainly he was no Barry Sanders. 16 carries for a whopping 45 yards...

I get it all the Steelers are great, best best best.....Get your blinders off, lots of 3rd round picks would have been as productive s he was today, little vision in the first half, nothing is wrong with the pick but today certainly he was no Barry Sanders. 16 carries for a whopping 45 yards...
A win with a very questionable O line .

Did you see him smiling , Almost laughing in the last couple minutes ?
Great coaches thrive for situations like that . It shows them the true character of there guys . Great win !
They always play well when no one gives them a chance. Of course they have in the past played poorly when no one gives the other team a chance

I said it when they picked him. I thought he was a good back but I would have rather fixed the ol than the rb position. No rb can get yards when their are no holes to run through

Reactions: Parkview57
developing a new offensive line takes time and that is part of the reason Ben has to do a lot of screen passes and short routes because of the time he is getting to throw. Give them time. also new OC is trying plays to see how they work in the NFL with the personnel. This team has room to grow and just won a tough road game against a top team.

Reactions: Saboteur II
developing a new offensive line takes time and that is part of the reason Ben has to do a lot of screen passes and short routes because of the time he is getting to throw. Give them time. also new OC is trying plays to see how they work in the NFL with the personnel. This team has room to grow and just won a tough road game against a top team.
Give em time, true dat. You don’t win an NFL championship the 1st week of the season. Shoot, you don’t win a playoff game after starting the season 11-0.

Let’s just hope that, over the course of the season, the offense goes on a different trajectory than it did last year.

O line has a lot of work to do. Hope they can do better, or as mentioned above, we'll not see the best of our #1 pick, Harris.

BigBen looks scary this year, and not in a good way. He's showing his age in how he moves, and more importantly, how he gets up after taking a hit. I swore he was hurt late in that game after getting decked.
His "run/slide" was scary as well. Looked awkward as hell and looked like he hurt himself there too.

First game, so who knows. It was an unexpected W. Defense looked stout and that will keep them in most games.
Don't see a Super Bowl contender though. Not close.

ADVERTISEMENT