ADVERTISEMENT

Still 20th in the coaches poll

Up one to 19th in the AP. Missouri's late comeback had them slip behind us. Illinois almost caught us, but ended up four points behind.

Miami 6
Clemson 9
Pitt 19
SMU 22
Syracuse 27
Duke 29
All this is interesting but for me the most important poll is the one when all the games are played. I’ve been around way too long to see Pitt fans complain about the polls and then have the bottom fall out on the team. But I get the interest by fans

All this is interesting but for me the most important poll is the one when all the games are played. I’ve been around way too long to see Pitt fans complain about the polls and then have the bottom fall out on the team. But I get the interest by fans

I agree. At this point they are not important, but they are interesting.

Reactions: ThePanthers
Two loss Alabama and ole miss stay ahead of undefeated Pitt as well as army and navy. Pitt being treated like non p4. Isu, byu, Indiana at 10, 12, 13

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Two loss Alabama and ole miss stay ahead of undefeated Pitt as well as army and navy. Pitt being treated like non p4. Isu, byu, Indiana at 10, 12, 13
Well if you're upset about that, then don't look at the ESPN Power Index that has Pitt below 2-5 Auburn

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Boy Thursday night's game is huge, a lot is on the line. Syracuse will probably make the top 25 if they win. The pollsters obviously think they are pretty good squad.

Boy Thursday night's game is huge, a lot is on the line. Syracuse will probably make the top 25 if they win. The pollsters obviously think they are pretty good squad.
Hopefully more than the 7k fans that want a bobblehead show up to support our panthers. Big game

Doesn't matter at all. If CFP rankings were this week, Pitt would be around #10. Alabama, with 2 losses, would be around #20. They rank resumes. Pitt just needs to keep winning. If we win our next 2, we'll be somewhere between 5 ans 8 for the 1st CFP rank.

Yes I’ll drive 3.5 hours in,
Get a hotel room and stay overnight
Go home Friday
I’m semi retired but basically it’s 2 days off work too ( not that I care!)
Coming in, staying overnight Thurs, going to the #1 Pitt vs #4 Louisville volleyball game at the Pete on Friday.
Too bad men's soccer is playing at the same time Friday as the volleyball team because that is a huge game as well that could effectively clinch the ACC regular season title.

Hopefully more than the 7k fans that want a bobblehead show up to support our panthers. Big game

I'm making the 6 to 7 hour drive up Thurs.

Funny story, dropped my kid off at Busch Gardens for a birthday party yesterday and I was wearing a Pitt cap. His friend's dad happens to be a Cuse fan going up on Thursday night too. He's in 111 & we're in 110.

If the weather is good, hard to believe there wouldn't be a decent crowd Thursday. It's not like it's 2023 Pitt/BC.

I keep thinking Missouri sucks for squeaking wins out over mediocre teams, but then I forget that's kind of been the M.O. (Missouri pun not intended) of our entire season. So I don't know that we're going to change many opinions until if and when we take down a Clemson or an SMU and/or start racking up some style points like Indiana is doing.

I realize Missouri also has a loss; I'm just saying the war of attrition game of outlasting average/below average P4 teams in coin flip games just isn't going to impress some people. I think 20 is fair.

Last edited:
I keep thinking Missouri sucks for squeaking wins out over mediocre teams, but then I forget that's kind of been the M.O. (Missouri pun not intended) of our entire season. So I don't know that we're going to change many opinions until if and when we take down a Clemson or an SMU and/or start racking up some style points like Indiana is doing.

I realize Missouri also has a loss; I'm just saying the war of attrition game of outlasting average/below average P4 teams in coin flip games just isn't going to impress some people. I think 20 is fair.

True.

The Mizzou loss to TAMU was really ugly too. They got thumped pretty hard.

Coming in, staying overnight Thurs, going to the #1 Pitt vs #4 Louisville volleyball game at the Pete on Friday.
Too bad men's soccer is playing at the same time Friday as the volleyball team because that is a huge game as well that could effectively clinch the ACC regular season title.
Wish I could stay for volleyball game , but despite being semi retired still have another commitment Friday afternoon
Yell loud for me

Doesn't matter at all. If CFP rankings were this week, Pitt would be around #10. Alabama, with 2 losses, would be around #20. They rank resumes. Pitt just needs to keep winning. If we win our next 2, we'll be somewhere between 5 ans 8 for the 1st CFP rank.

You can't really believe that.

Wait, hold on, knowing you, you probably could believe something that dumb.

They should start the soccer game at 8:30 or 9. Would be an unbelievably awesome night for folks to make both games.

Wish I could stay for volleyball game , but despite being semi retired still have another commitment Friday afternoon
Yell loud for me
There's a trifecta weekend coming up.....

Fri Nov 15 5pm #19 FSU @ Pitt volleyball;
Fri Nov 15 8pm WVU @ Pitt men's basketball
Sat Nov 16 Clemson @ Pitt football.
Sun Nov 17 Miami @ Pitt volleyball 1pm
Sun Nov 17 Nationality Rooms Holiday Open House in the Cathedral of Learning 12-4pm

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT