ADVERTISEMENT

Still hard to believe..

PittCity

Freshman
Mar 9, 2018
We went from....
pitt-virginia-acc-coastal.jpg

to this...

Someone almost always inevitably chimes in that they loved the white on white unis. And that it doesn't matter what "old" guys like but what the "kids" like. And i guess i can buy those opinions... except I can't imagine the "kids" liking those douchy white on white either

Best uniforms and colors in all of sports. Cant wait to pickup one at the pitt gear store on 5th whenever im back for week 1

I thought I’d get used to the yellow numbers and font but I haven’t. The white numbers with yellow outline and normal font looks much better. Nike overthought it

I agree. For me, the size and contrast of the numbers from the 70s and 80s are more appealing. They went with the really old school PITT numbers in a modern gothic form.

image_handler.aspx

I agree. For me, the size and contrast of the numbers from the 70s and 80s are more appealing. They went with the really old school PITT numbers in a modern gothic form.

image_handler.aspx
I used to get Street and Smith’s college football magazine as a teenager. I think the picture of Paul Martha [ no. 10 ] was on the cover of the 1963 issue. Am I right?

I thought I’d get used to the yellow numbers and font but I haven’t. The white numbers with yellow outline and normal font looks much better. Nike overthought it

Yep. We had the best uniforms in college football last season and they just needed to wear those. Nike had no reason to mess with the uniforms.

I wish Pitt would’ve just used the home/away retro unis from last year on a permanent basis; maybe a little over tinkering a good thing. Then again, the new unis make the Dinocat and block “PITT” all the uglier.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT