ADVERTISEMENT

Still no game-times for Miami and Georgia Tech

This BS has gotta stop. It’s completely inconvenient for fans who need to travel for games- book hotel, arrange work and family schedules to not have the game times set - 3 weeks out.

NCAA needs to change this policy soon.

NCAA has nothing to do with this. It's the conferences and the TV partners.

Reactions: PittPanthers90
This BS has gotta stop. It’s completely inconvenient for fans who need to travel for games- book hotel, arrange work and family schedules to not have the game times set - 3 weeks out.

Any conference can set their own game times well in advance. The networks will just give them much less money.

It is what it is and will never change buts its not good for the out of towners who plan ahead travel long distances to games, especially when people travel in on gameday.
Nooners are bad news when it comes to football games. Otherwise noon is perfect.

Game times are announced 12 days in advance. Around 11 AM today for Miami. get used to it. It's called TV money.

I assume you live in Nashville

Which means....no matter what time the miami game, no matter how you are getting here, you are coming in Friday and leaving
Sunday

As for Tech, assume it's a noon game. Tech stinks, it wont be a night game.

Leave Nashville early and hang out in ATL until kickoff. There are worse places to be on a Saturday.

Since the game wont be at night, drive home after the game.

Your in your bed by midnight.

Problem solved.

so whats the consensus on Miami? We are hoping best case for 3:30pm, correct? I think SMF or someone else said the the ACCN already has duke v unc for the 8pm game and i don't think this game is near big enough to get prime time billing on abc or espn..

Could espn or espnU pick it up for 3:30pm or does the ACCN get that option first?

How do we end up with a noon game.

No respect for PITT or jus the bad luck of the draw.

I am hoping for a late afternoon or evening start for the Georgia Tech game. I will be at the game and would enjoy most of the morning and afternoon screwing off in midtown Atlanta. I have gotten real good at screwing off since retiring. I was thinking of starting a retirement business where I coach people on how to screw off.

Espn or espn2 means no respect?
try harder to fake indignation

Well I can say you are a pathetic wind bag.
Atleast JoethePantherFan presented so sound reasoning and facts that make sense but you're just a talking empty head.

Last edited:
We got either the best or the second best ACC slot of the day. How is that no respect or bad luck? Would we rather be on the regional sports networks or the ACCN rather than on ESPN?
Looking at it from that point of view makes sense.

I thought we liked later games do attendance purposes but I guess a lot of fans like noon.

An empty stadium on nat TV / ESPN isn't a good look for PITT.

Last edited:
We got either the best or the second best ACC slot of the day. How is that no respect or bad luck? Would we rather be on the regional sports networks or the ACCN rather than on ESPN?
it's all the same as long as it's on an HD channel too me.. i don't differentiate between espnU HD, epsp2 HD or ACCN HD.. pushing 572 on my remote or 829 on my remote takes the same effort and the picture is just as clear.. 8pm on ABC or even espn is a different story of course but i expect the 8pm ABC game will most likely be ohio state because well, that's how it's been the last 5 years..

home game times matter of course but we got enough threads talking about when we all like to go to north shore on Saturdays so i'll refrain..

I might go to that game so 3:30 on Raycom would be better for me, as I'd rather start getting drunk at 1:00pm instead of 10:00am. Noon, is just the absolutely worst time for a game. Even pushing it to 1:00-1:30 would be a big improvement.

Make a hotel booking and then cancel
Exactly... most hotels still allow 100% free cancellation 3 weeks out.

That is how I handled the PSU game this year.... booked night prior and game day months in advance and then cancelled game day, when noon was announced.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT